[WIKI] A comprehensive guide to editing the BTW wiki

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
dawnraider

Re: [WIKI] A comprehensive guide to editing the BTW wiki

Post by dawnraider »

FlowerChild wrote:
dawnraider wrote:While technically possible, a cauldron (and subsequently a saw also) aren't particularly feasible without netherrack.
Not sure if that would be considered true anymore with the campfire.
I actually didn't know that a campfire could power a cauldron. I would've thought it needed a larger flame than that, but it does make sense.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

The Beginners Guide on the Wiki is somewhat out dated.
Eg. Recommending a chicken Farm as soon as one can get hemp.
The acquisition of Steel and an anvil skips over the need to trade completely.
The new substitute for 'smooth stone' in recipes, the 'stone brick is not present.

As it otherwise is a pretty good guide to go along when playing I would love if this could be updated.

"This is not meant as a complain, but rather as observation"
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Epsilon wrote:The Beginners Guide on the Wiki is somewhat out dated.

"This is not meant as a complain, but rather as observation"
Yeah, It's on the list of things to go.
magikeh wrote: 2) Remove all old guides, progressions and other like pages and build a single guided system to help new players
-The basic idea will be to strip the current guides down to their bare instructions, combine all the guides into a single document then pull irrelevant/old information, and then split them up appropriately into ages/tiers/progressions
-We will need to talk about whether or not we (as a community) want to have 2 styles of guides, a quick-start and a more detailed style.
-For this one, I'd like to call on any members in the community that have made it to the nether in progression (that seems to be about the point that FC has worked hard at balancing up to as of yet) for help editing the early game guide.
If you want, to help SterlingRed posted a potential updated structure for a guide. I'm sure that we need to poke and prod it until it's fairly robust ^-^
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

I've been following along the current major wiki updating spree in the discord, and I'm interested in helping out. I was wondering what the process for procuring a wiki editing account is, to this end. (Nix on discord)
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.