No you can't have Bill's hat!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
kregoth

No you can't have Bill's hat!

Post by kregoth »

So after a long and somewhat annoying holiday season with the family I am finally able to sit down and have some peace "Or so I thought" during the steam gift pack shenanigans and getting the achievements for the fun of it. I had to do one for Team Fortress 2, Last time I played this game was back before the damn hats and crap was even around. after getting the achievements I realized just how much I missed TF2 and have been started playing it again and enjoying it a lot, Except for one extremely annoying part, the trade invites.

I have whats called "Bill's Hat" a hat I received back when I pre-ordered Left 4 Dead 2 back in 2009 and apparently it worth a lot to a lot of people. So much so that I get trade invites while playing every 20 seconds. The best part is I could give a rats ass about the hat but it rather hilarious watching people scream and cry over how much they want it. Hell I even denied trades for free games just because it hilarious to watch how they fidget in chat when I flat out say NO. I am getting far more enjoyment from the hat in regards to watching people cry over not having it then the actual hat itself :P

I figured this was worth while to share with my fellow BTW members. Anyone else playing TF2 and want to play? and NO, you cant have Bill's Hat :)
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: No you can't have Bill's hat!

Post by FlowerChild »

I'll give you the feature of your choice in BTW for Bill's hat :)
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:I'll give you the feature of your choice in BTW for Bill's hat :)
A tantalizing offer indeed. But I must reject said offer even if I am positive you would look fabulous in the hat wearing a gimp suit :)

lol the last offer made to me was some guy claiming that he could get me access to website to get free TV shows.It's really sad seeing what people are willing to trade for a FAKE hat.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Challenge Accepted.

I will squiggle in your direction for a digital hat in a game I do not even play. :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kregoth wrote: A tantalizing offer indeed. But I must reject said offer even if I am positive you would look fabulous in the hat wearing a gimp suit :)
Damn it! You spoiled my punch-line with your refusal. You were supposed to respond with some outlandish feature request, to which I would have responded:

No, no, you misunderstood. What's your favorite BTW feature? Give me the hat or it's gone.

Stay on script man! :)
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:
kregoth wrote: A tantalizing offer indeed. But I must reject said offer even if I am positive you would look fabulous in the hat wearing a gimp suit :)
Damn it! You spoiled my punch-line with your refusal. You were supposed to respond with some outlandish feature request, to which I would have responded:

No, no, you misunderstood. What's your favorite BTW feature? Give me the hat or it's gone.

Stay on script man! :)
"Facepalm" oh boy the hate I would receive if I where to refuse that offer. an evil FlowerChild indeed, willing to sacrifice his own hard work to get a hat I am ashamed my good sir, ASHAMED! :P

I would have to retaliate and say the hopper is my favorite and thus shall be removed to see how you would wither in pain of having to remove you own favorite feature :P then ask the community who is more evil the man who won't give you the virtual hat, or the man who is willing to sacrifice his own mod to gain it. :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kregoth wrote:I would have to retaliate and say the hopper is my favorite and thus shall be removed to see how you would wither in pain of having to remove you own favorite feature :P then ask the community who is more evil the man who won't give you the virtual hat, or the man who is willing to sacrifice his own mod to gain it. :)
Ah, but you forget the fact that I revel in being the man that everyone loves to hate ;)

Besides, I'm not one for hats or other fluff in games. I just saw a beautiful setup for a gag that you failed to hold up your end of. Please be more predictable next time ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:Please be more predictable next time ;)
But FC! If he was more predictable all the time, then you could lead him around like a pig to slau...
Maybe more like a gimp pig to...
No.

>_>
<_<
^_^
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Slev

Post by Slev »

I gave my Bill's hat away for a dota2 invite. I offered the guys a glowing heavy football helmet, he wanted Bill's hat.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

...Man, if Bill's hat is that valuable, maybe i should get rid of mine. I dont even play TF2 anymore...
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:
kregoth wrote:I would have to retaliate and say the hopper is my favorite and thus shall be removed to see how you would wither in pain of having to remove you own favorite feature :P then ask the community who is more evil the man who won't give you the virtual hat, or the man who is willing to sacrifice his own mod to gain it. :)
Ah, but you forget the fact that I revel in being the man that everyone loves to hate ;)

Besides, I'm not one for hats or other fluff in games. I just saw a beautiful setup for a gag that you failed to hold up your end of. Please be more predictable next time ;)
Ya I hate the whole hate thing in TF2, until I discovered a way to make people squirm for them "Laughs maliciously" And I am anything but predictable, I am even capable of being unable to predict myself :) And I didn't forget how you love to revel in making people scream over at MCF.
Mrchaim wrote:...Man, if Bill's hat is that valuable, maybe i should get rid of mine. I dont even play TF2 anymore...
give it to me that way when people go "BUT you have two of them" I can then say "I know isn't it awesome? And no you can't have them!"
Last edited by kregoth on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

kregoth wrote: give it to me that way when people go "BUT you have two of them" I can then say "I know isn't it awesome? And no you can't have them!"
If it actually has value, i'd like to garner that for myself, being a rather poor bastard otherwise, heh.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Look on the steam forums people are listing games to trade for bills hat all the time.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Hah. I still play tf2 quite a bit, but can't stand the hat obsession. I've traded valuable hats for a few weapons I don't have, and just let the people flip out. :D
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

BinoAl wrote:Hah. I still play tf2 quite a bit, but can't stand the hat obsession. I've traded valuable hats for a few weapons I don't have, and just let the people flip out. :D
ya I saw you playing after I got added to the steam group was trying to get onto your server, but the download for whatever map you where playing (some Mario kart thing?) was taking ages, so I gave up on it haha :P
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

kregoth wrote: ya I saw you playing after I got added to the steam group was trying to get onto your server, but the download for whatever map you where playing (some Mario kart thing?) was taking ages, so I gave up on it haha :P
Hah. That's the server I'm on 90% of my time in tf2
DaWhiskers

Post by DaWhiskers »

What can even be slightly more fun, is going to some of those trading servers, with a friend, and trading things every so often back and forth for free (ie I trade Bills hat for nothing to him after declining everyone else wanting it) then later we swap back, go back and do it again...

The screams of anguish are a great highlight of the day :)
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Well, what did you expect from a world famous premiere hat collection simulator?

To be honest, though, I doubt I'd even wear it. I can't think of a single character that would look good in Bill's hat. I actually do care about my aesthetics, rather than flaunting my collection of rarity and value.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)