Super Hostiles

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Horizon

Super Hostiles

Post by Horizon »

They are incredibly hard, and yet incredibly fun, and may leave you shouting "GODDAMN YOU VECHS!". Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191 ... %E2%98%A0/
Or, maybe you'll be shouting some incoherent/hilarious compound cursing, ala 'pipes!' from the Freelance Astronouts.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Pseudosavior

Re: Super Hostiles

Post by Pseudosavior »

Horizon wrote:They are incredibly hard, and yet incredibly fun, and may leave you shouting "GODDAMN YOU VECHS!". Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191 ... %E2%98%A0/
Or, maybe you'll be shouting some incoherent/hilarious compound cursing, ala 'pipes!' from the Freelance Astronouts.
I've always loved the SH maps, Vechs has his way with making people rage. Maybe it's just because of my masochistic nature when it comes to games that I love it.

Although, I've never tried BTW with a SH map, even though I've wanted to.
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

I thoroughly enjoyed the Kaizo Caverns, never got the time to finish it though. At any rate, highly recommended for anyone who enjoys a challenge.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I played Spellbound Caves with one of my friends - got the first intersection done, part of the second, and the iron block. They're fun but frustrating, especially if you don't happen to see the traps before you set them off.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

I had a blast with the Canopy Carnage... or whatever it was called.
Then I took out my axe... then I realized I was using Timber!... then my computer hated me for a little while.

Seriously though, I spent a good amount of time on each of those diabolical maps. They are extremely well made and extremely evil.
Vechs is an evil, evil man.

I'm tempted to try them again with BTW or BTB now...
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

One thing that saddens me a little is that Legendary and Nightmare Realms are no longer "ROMhack hard" maps due to his restructuring of the difficulties. I haven't played either, but I did watch the OOG playthroughs of both, and am currently watching Etho's Legendary and Static's Nightmare Realms playthroughs - those maps really were hard with their respective combat mechanics, and there's parts of them that are still hard, not because of the experience packets that are everywhere, but because of the level design.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire