BTW Pass it on map! (With HCB!)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Blueblade11

BTW Pass it on map! (With HCB!)

Post by Blueblade11 »

Due to discussion in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2162?f=3&t=2162 and a bit in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2171 I decided to start this topic to *organise* a pass it on map.

So, who's in? (You can join mid-game. Theres a long line though...)

Mods:
-BTW (Obviously)
-BTW 'Pure Mods'
-Craftguide. (Or harvest lots of reeds for others.)
-Any mods that DONT add new items/blocks/mobs/entities.

Ok, rules (that will be improved on):
-24hr turns, then a turnover period of 12 hrs for the next person to take their turn.
-Diffulculty: Easy <-> Hard
-HCB (Unless enough people vote agianst it - unlikely)
-You can use certain BTW pure mods, which include:
--Somnia
--Nightmare mode
-NO BOD (General Consensus)
-(To be improved)-

People In:
Blueblade11
itamarcu
Nitestalker7
ilovekintoki
CrimsonStorm
Husbag3
Yamboyz1
kregoth
Jay42

Order (24 hr turns, 12hr turnover period.):
Nitestalker7
Blueblade11
itamarcu
Husbag3
Yamboyz1
kregoth
Jay42
ilovekintoki
CrimsonStorm

Hey look, we got a dungload of wolves!

Poll Results to 'Should we use Doggy Talents?'
Aye: 40%
Nay: 40%
Moo: 20%

Who clicked moo?

P.S. I'm in Australia, a wonky timezone to the rest of the world.
Last edited by Blueblade11 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 27 times in total.
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
Itamarcu

Re: BTW Pass it on map! (With HCB!)

Post by Itamarcu »

Well, As I said before, I'm in :)

I don't think I need any other mod except optifine and craftguide. Of course, everyone can use somnia, craftguide, etc.

We shall play on...normal? easy-hard (players' choice when it's their turn)?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

How about adding hardcore option to it as well "Evil Grin"?
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

kregoth wrote:How about adding hardcore option to it as well "Evil Grin"?
That would certainly give this a definate end because you know someone is going to die eventually.
Nitestalker7

Post by Nitestalker7 »

Count me IN
Flowerchild wrote:"Its like someone shot a cannon at a design document"
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

You should post a picture of the seeds. for instance, I don't know what is the long one with the numbers.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

We should make a list of allowed "pure" mods. I don't think BOD would fit if not everyone is going to install it, but things like Somnia and Nightmare mode would work fine, since that actually doesn't affect anyone not using it :)
kregoth wrote:How about adding hardcore option to it as well "Evil Grin"?
I'm against this, seems to be a bit counter intuitive. In a succession game, you could just re-download the files anyway.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

I'm in... but can we add doggy talents? Pweeeeeze?

Edit: never mind, didn't notice the "items/entities" on the list of banned mod additions.
Last edited by RaustBlackDragon on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

Sounds like a boatload of fun, count me in.
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

Sounds good, put me on the roster. :D The only mods I'll plan on using will be Somnia and maybe Optifine - I vote on "not" using BOD, though.

Never played a game with HCB, but should be pretty interesting!

EDIT: Looking at the different maps, I don't know anything about itamarcu's seed, but the number-seed seems to be a lot more viable than FlowerChild. The single island would certainly present some interesting challenges, but I can't see it being realistic to use with HCB. Just a though.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

You can count me in but i'm aweful on hardcore mode :(
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

CrimsonStorm wrote:Sounds good, put me on the roster. :D The only mods I'll plan on using will be Somnia and maybe Optifine - I vote on "not" using BOD, though.

Never played a game with HCB, but should be pretty interesting!

EDIT: Looking at the different maps, I don't know anything about itamarcu's seed, but the number-seed seems to be a lot more viable than FlowerChild. The single island would certainly present some interesting challenges, but I can't see it being realistic to use with HCB. Just a though.
My seed: HAMLET 6174

Picture from my HCB save:
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

Count me in!
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

Who wants to start? :)
255 Characters Limit? D:
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

I can't help but notice I'm not on the list :( I am in for sure but I don't want to start. plus I mapped the seed in the game already and know the major lands marks. So I would prefer to start a bit later after they been discovered. If you want I can post a screenshot of the map although I think discovering it on your own would be Fun!
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

kregoth wrote:I can't help but notice I'm not on the list :( I am in for sure but I don't want to start. plus I mapped the seed in the game already and know the major lands marks. So I would prefer to start a bit later after they been discovered. If you want I can post a screenshot of the map although I think discovering it on your own would be Fun!
Well, starting later on wont be a problem, if you look at the list :P

And i think alot of people would like to discover things themselves.

(Hi alot!)

---peoplepeoplepeople
people|-|peoplepeoplepeople
---peoplepeoplepeoplepeoplepeople
---peoplepeoplepeoplepeoplepeoplepeople
255 Characters Limit? D:
Nitestalker7

Post by Nitestalker7 »

Did anyone start yet if not I dont mind starting the resource gathering.
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

Nitestalker7 wrote:Did anyone start yet if not I dont mind starting the resource gathering.
Sure, go ahead (i guess...).
255 Characters Limit? D:
Nitestalker7

Post by Nitestalker7 »

OK..let the BTW nonsense begin..:P
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

I hate to make myself to look like an asshole here, but isn't this really classified as off-topic? we really aren't discussing BTW, this is something that considered out of place for the main forums.
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

kregoth wrote:I hate to make myself to look like an asshole here, but isn't this really classified as off-topic? we really aren't discussing BTW, this is something that considered out of place for the main forums.
Yeah, but the pass-it-on-map itself is centered around BTW (theoretically).
255 Characters Limit? D:
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Blueblade11 wrote:
kregoth wrote:I hate to make myself to look like an asshole here, but isn't this really classified as off-topic? we really aren't discussing BTW, this is something that considered out of place for the main forums.
Haha thanks for clarifying that for me, I had no idea the "Better Than Wolves Discussion" was purely "Theoretical"

Still this is considered off-topic IMHO :P
Nitestalker7

Post by Nitestalker7 »

kregoth wrote:
Blueblade11 wrote:
Haha thanks for clarifying that for me, I had no idea the "Better Than Wolves Discussion" was purely "Theoretical"

So chats about lurking the forum are ok? but a group of players using the BTW mod, passing along a map creating our own community SMP is not....are you not on the list to play..hmmmm....maybe I missed something ? sounds like a trolololololololol move to me -my 2c
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Nitestalker7 wrote:
kregoth wrote:
Blueblade11 wrote:

So chats about lurking the forum are ok? but a group of players using the BTW mod, passing along a map creating our own community SMP is not....are you not on the list to play..hmmmm....maybe I missed something ? sounds like a trolololololololol move to me -my 2c
Lol but that was an actual discussion, although "somewhat related" to BTW this is not we are "passing" a map as you say. So to be fair we are no longer discussing anything about BTW, besides the actual relationship this topic relates to. :P

EDIT: also we are not playing an SMP map we are playing an SSP map we are just sharing our experience lol.
Nitestalker7

Post by Nitestalker7 »

I think that if this topic is inappropriate for the BTW discussion forums, I am sure FC, or any of the admin would gladly move it to an appropriate area seeing as it has been around the top for close to 48 hrs. I apologize to the community if I implied that we were playing SMP. I was only stating that we had created our own community style SMP.. since multiple people will be adding to the progression of the legendary FlowerChild Island seed..
Respectfully
~Nite