Light blocks power

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Pseudoi

Light blocks power

Post by Pseudoi »

I'm not sure if this is a bug, it is just inconsistent with pistons.
When you place a torch next to two light blocks like this :
Spoiler
Show
The second block is not powered.
Whereas with pistons :
Spoiler
Show
they both recieve power. This isn't a major bug, it just affects turning off both blocks with one inverter.

(Sorry if I've done the pictures wrong, I tried to copy what other people did, I think I did it right)
Last edited by Pseudoi on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Re: Light blocks power

Post by Urian »

The images are not working. A question however, are you using the latest version of BTW (2.66)? It fixes a bug with pistons and light blocks.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Pseudoi

Post by Pseudoi »

Not sure how to sort out the images, they are working for me, I don't know what I did wrong.
I am using the latest version of BTW.

It isn't a bug with the two combined, I'm saying that the way lightblocks recieve power is inconsistent with pistons.

[]/ []
[] []

The square brackets are blocks, the yellow one is a powered light block, the blue one is unpowered. the slash is a redstone torch.
What I was showing in the pictures is that in that situation the bottom light block will not get power whereas a piston in that situation would. I'm assuming that anything else in that situation would also get power but I haven't checked yet. I will check and update.
EDIT : Checked, dispensers also recieve power.

Sorry if it isn't clear, I'll try and get the pictures to work.
EDIT: The images might be fixed... I'm not really sure why I could see them and you couldn't in the first place.
Last edited by Pseudoi on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I think you've put them in a non-public section of dropbox. Try this site instead: http://imgur.com/.

If you mean that light blocks handle power input other than pistons, then that's not a bug. Light blocks predate pistons by several months so it wouldn't make sense to change their behaviour now.
Pseudoi

Post by Pseudoi »

Here are the images
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Ok, I think I understand what you mean, I was just making sure.
EDIT: I think i got the images wrong again. But I'm pretty sure they are right this time. Sorry.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Yup, no bug there. That's how they're supposed to work. Locking the topic.