New Release! (BTW Version 2.66)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release! (BTW Version 2.66)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 2.66 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

Download Link

This version contains the following features:

-Updated to version 1.7.3 of Minecraft.

-Added ability for Minecart Rails (of all types) and Redstone Wire to be lifted by Platforms. Note that sloped-rails can not be lifted in this manner and will break if you attempt to do so. Also, redstone is non-functional while in transit and its shape will change to reflect this.

-Added alternate recipe for Axle using Moulding instead of Wood blocks.

-Restored the ability to "stick" objects (like torches) to the Companion Cube.

-Increased the amount of iron used in the Cauldron recipe to be more consistent with other full-block recipes in the game (2 extra ingots fill in the empty spaces at the top of the Cauldron recipe).

-Fixed a few problems with pistons interacting with the empty space directly in front of a Detector Block.

-Changed moving Platforms and Anchors to break when pushed by pistons to correct a number of problems that this behavior caused.

-Fixed problem with Water Wheels and Wind Mills occasionally duplicating when the axle they were attached to was pushed by a piston.

-Fixed problem with Axles remaining powered after being pushed by pistons, when they shouldn't be powered in their new location.

-Fixed problems with Hibachis being pushed by pistons and not updating their state properly.

-Fixed problem with Light Block not updating properly when pushed by piston. Note that this involved introducing a small delay (1/10th of a second) between when a Light Block is powered and when it actually lights up, so it may affect existing circuits in a *very* minor way.

-Made changes to Mojang's wolf-code so you can still order them to follow you even if they glitch out and don't recognize you as their owner. HOWEVER they will likely still not attack your targets and such, as fixing that would require modification of another base-class. Note: These bugs are entirely Mojang's, I'm just trying to help people out by fixing them up a bit.

-Fixed problem with sand and gravel not always falling properly through the empty space in front of a detector block.

-Changed the way moving Platforms handle collisions to prevent the player occasionally going through them when they stop.

-Changed the way Cauldron renders to fix some slight visual glitches.

-Fixed entity duplication bug with the Block Dispenser.

-Changed Block Dispenser to be able to place and swallow leaf blocks.

-Changed moving Platforms and Anchors to destroy Water Wheels and Wind Mills that they pass through.

-Fixed problem with Block Dispenser swallowing the extended arms of pistons.

-Fixed problem with Block Dispenser not placing pistons properly.

----------------

Enjoy! :)
Triskelli

Re: New Release! (BTW Version 2.66)

Post by Triskelli »

Wooo! Can't wait to see Battosay create a multilevel Minecart garage with the new Platform behavior. =]
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

That is an impressive amount of bug fixes. Thank you for the update!
Adjudicator79

Post by Adjudicator79 »

Sweet! Thanks for all your hard work, Flower! I can't wait to dive in to the new version!
Brothulhu

Post by Brothulhu »

Time to hole up in my home for a few days...
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Nice job! Every time you update, there is always lots of awesome stuff, be it bug fixes or new content. Keep up the amazing work!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks guys! Glad you're happy with it! :)
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

LOL could have just summed it up by saying "Fixed the bloody Pistons!!!" :)

And cheers for adding the additions to platforms!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Xecaquan wrote:LOL could have just summed it up by saying "Fixed the bloody Pistons!!!" :)
Well, not really. Most of those bugs were individually reported in the Bug Reports section, and were entirely separate issues.

Listing them out like that is really the only way to let people know which issues have been taken care of and which might still remain.

I sincerely doubt we've seen the last of the piston-related issues. I've tried to take care of as many as I could think of, but pistons really did add a huge exception-case to minecraft in terms of suddenly making everything mobile that was assumed in code to be stationary before.

Honestly, I really doubt that Mojang has found all the piston-related bugs with their own code either ;)
Organum

Post by Organum »

Oh, this is exciting.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Awesome, thanks for the update :D Any estimation on when we get a content update? I'm going insane imagining what might come next ^.^
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote:Awesome, thanks for the update :D Any estimation on when we get a content update? I'm going insane imagining what might come next ^.^
You're welcome...and don't start ;)

You know how many people have been asking me when a 1.7.3 release was going to come out? Do you think I want to entertain questions about a next release at the moment? :)
xenoneo

Post by xenoneo »

=o
I did not expect an update.
Super happy! <3

Thanks ^^
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

xenoneo wrote:=o
I did not expect an update.
Super happy! <3

Thanks ^^
Nobody expects the Spanish....errr...

Crazed Modder!!!! :)
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Was wondering when this was coming. MCP came out with an update three days ago, so you had no excuse! (I kid, though. No rush for any updates. I know people who still use 1.5 because they want to.)

Glad to finally have my SMP server updated to 1.7.3 as well. (We refuse to update until BTW does for the sole reason that we can't live without it.)

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

Excellent.

Been playing around with the new build for a while. You may take a fair bit of time between updates, but you sure as hell do the updates right when they come out.

Here's hoping we don't get a 1.7.4 any time soon, yeah?
Urian

Post by Urian »

Yay for a new update! :) Now I can make use of ice blocks for a transparent-but-not-as-transparent-as-glass door!
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
VonGod

Post by VonGod »

My life got better because of this!
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Great update! :)

But I've got a little question regarding the pistons.
If I remember correctly you considered changing the pistons so that they behave more like the ones from the original piston mod, which launched entitys, sand and gravel.
Hippoplatimus already released a Piston Patch, which does exactly that , but like your new update it modifies the jq.class.
So are you still considering adding the functionality yourself or what are the impacts on BTW, if I overwrite it with the piston patch version?
JWA

Post by JWA »

Awesome, thank you for all your hard work! ...Though I'd just gotten to the point where I could take a break and get some work done; now I gotta go back and add rails to my elevators! Soon when kids don't do their homework their gonna blame you for releasing an update instead of their dog for eating their project.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*rushes to install new version* Hopefully I can get far enough in my new little single player world now to actually do some neat things with this mod finally. Even more hopefully the next time mojang updates, I hope I can remember to not take their update immediately! xD
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Whisp wrote:Great update! :)

But I've got a little question regarding the pistons.
If I remember correctly you considered changing the pistons so that they behave more like the ones from the original piston mod, which launched entitys, sand and gravel.
Hippoplatimus already released a Piston Patch, which does exactly that , but like your new update it modifies the jq.class.
So are you still considering adding the functionality yourself or what are the impacts on BTW, if I overwrite it with the piston patch version?
Oh nice, hippoplatimus put out a patch? Definitely not worth giving up btw (or having really buggy pistons), but thats good to know
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Hey flower great mod, but what damage do you thin 1.8 will do to btw if the "small" piston update caused this amount of problems ?
Its being reported as the biggest update we've seen so it will effect the mod greatly right ?
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Urian

Post by Urian »

FurkeyRefills wrote:Hey flower great mod, but what damage do you thin 1.8 will do to btw if the "small" piston update caused this amount of problems ?
Its being reported as the biggest update we've seen so it will effect the mod greatly right ?
I'd say that it's kinda difficult to say. What seem like major changes to the users might be minor changes to the code while small changes might affect the code in major ways. From my understanding, the problem with pistons is that it causes blocks that previously always were stationary to now being moveable.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

Yeah i spose so, I don't know much about coding, but does flower have to sit behind his computer literally typing out the code like they do in the films or does he use some kind of fancy program as a guide ?
Feel free to give me the blunt-est answer possible ;)
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.