Crash

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
arbator177

Crash

Post by arbator177 »

Well, I would just like to note how awesome this mod looks! Puts a really cool new aspect to the game and does NOT pull away from the vanilla too much. This is because of how everything isn't too modern. A waterwheel to gain power from besides like I've seen with other mods using electricity? Brilliant. As well as the windmill. Both also are very pleasant to look at adding to a building/structure. Not to mention all of the other cool features....The SAW is probably my favorite! I've always wanted to be able to cut the wood planks into smaller sizes and now I can! Woo...AND the pulley system is amazing as well! My world currently has a house on a very tall mountain which is practically floating on an island...which I could make a ladder going straight up. (Boring) or have my own safe elevator where I can just flip a switch and BAM I'm at the top/bottom.

Well, now that THAT's said. I would like to note that I have NOT yet played this mod...I have downgraded to 1.7.2 and tried to use this but whenever I try to do something ingame it crashes saying "Saving chunks." I've re-tried the mod several times wiping the .jar but still no avail...

I guess this really isn't a high priority and I should probably wait patiently for the update but thought I would like to note it out...and just let you know how sick your mod is! Very much excited to play it and add a whole new level to the game.

Cheers :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Crash

Post by FlowerChild »

Not really a bug, but most likely an installation area. Moving this to the General Discussion thread.
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Actually I believe I may have had a similar problem, which was coming from my "mod" folder. Try deleting all your old mods and things from there, as that can conflict while you are using modloader.
JasonBD89

Post by JasonBD89 »

arbator177 wrote: I try to do something ingame it crashes saying "Saving chunks." I've re-tried the mod several times wiping the .jar but still no avail...
I am getting this issues as well.

I have installed a fresh copy of '1.7.2' and all the minecraft folders then installed Modloader and BTW only. starting the game works fine and then a new world Renders fine but about 5 seconds into playing it jumps to "saving chunks" screen, then very fast flash of an error (cant read it, as it go's away fast) then locked up on a black screen.

I have spent while looking for a way to get this working but no one has the a fix to this as far as I've seen

(Note I have installed alot of Mods and this is the first time I've seen this happen)

Computer Specs (Just incase some one asks)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU: AMD Phenom™ II six-core processor 1055T
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Video: AMD Radeon HD 6570 1GB
HDD: 1.5TB
JasonBD89 - CPT J. Barber [42nd] 35th Company Commander
http://42ndaar.com | http://red-rovers.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/JasonBD89
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

I also had this problem whenever I encountered blocks/items in my world that were from a mod that was uninstalled.

Minecraft doesn't like to load things that it has no idea of what it is. So that's probably your problem.