New Release (BTW V3.22)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Flesh_Engine

Re: New Release (BTW V3.22)

Post by Flesh_Engine »

I haven't even got around to 3.20 yet :p

Think i've got some catching up to do...
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Urian

Post by Urian »

Nice change and yay for finally being able to farm mossy cobblestone, you've been teasing us with this for quite some time now (you block teaser). Seems like there is even more incentive to have you base underground (unless you find a spawner on or near the surface), is the range limit for you to be from the spawner for moss-spreading the same as it is for plants to grow?
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:Nice change and yay for finally being able to farm mossy cobblestone, you've been teasing us with this for quite some time now (you block teaser). Seems like there is even more incentive to have you base underground (unless you find a spawner on or near the surface), is the range limit for you to be from the spawner for moss-spreading the same as it is for plants to grow?
It should be the same as for any tile entity (like a furnace) to update, since it's based around the spawner code (but independently from the actual mob spawning, so it's not limited to that range).

And yeah man, it took me forever to finally settle on how I wanted to do this. I must have gone through 20 different potential ideas involving everything from removing the moss from the stone and processing it into some kind of growable plant-type thing to making it a crop that can only be grown in the Nether (something to do with mob spawners being "soul leakage") before finally settling on this solution.

Actually coding the thing probably took me 20 minutes, but making up my mind that this was the way I wanted to do it took me weeks ;)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

So much virtual love for you man :)
Looks like I won't sleep much this week-end ;)
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

FlowerChild wrote: And yeah man, it took me forever to finally settle on how I wanted to do this. I must have gone through 20 different potential ideas involving everything from removing the moss from the stone and processing it into some kind of growable plant-type thing to making it a crop that can only be grown in the Nether (something to do with mob spawners being "soul leakage") before finally settling on this solution.

Actually coding the thing probably took me 20 minutes, but making up my mind that this was the way I wanted to do it took me weeks ;)
^This is proof that FC cares more about us and his mod when compared to, like 99% of the other mod authors. Being able to really think out excellent designs and then giving us the best quality tools for creativity!!! Keep this great juicy work up FC, and you'll soon be daddy to many kids ;) :D
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Great update!
Thank you very very much, FlowerChild!

By the way: is there an ability to shoot dynamite out of dispensers?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Am I right in saying that the cobble to mossy cobble causes a block update?
If so, it shouldnt be too hard to farm......
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Husbag3 wrote:Am I right in saying that the cobble to mossy cobble causes a block update?
If so, it shouldnt be too hard to farm......
Yes, that's it exactly :)

I'm sure we'll see a few designs, I'm interested to see the most efficient one.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

Oh man, I still haven't finished my mob tower... Cripes. Got a lot of building to do!
IGN: Camerinthus
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

itamarcu wrote: By the way: is there an ability to shoot dynamite out of dispensers?
It's on my todo list, but if it's not in the change-log, it's not in the mod.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Quick update vid :

And back to my automated mossy farm <3
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote: And back to my automated mossy farm <3
Lol! I do believe that's the first time you've rushed the end of a video because you're eager to get back to playing ;)

Excellent job as always man. I'll pop this up on MCF.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

I'm gonna be the guy to say it, but I think game balance demands it. Mossy Cobble grows too fast.

I know many more advanced BTW players use a lot of mossy but I let a spawner I found yesterday when starting a new world idle over night (bones!). Not only does that mean I get a lot of bones and arrows, I also come up and can harvest a huge amount of mossy. I have at least 4 stacks now and I started my world yesterday, that seems like it's too powerful, especially considering I don't even have an automated system up for it and I would have set up my drowning trap regardless due to other huge benefits.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Mason11987 wrote:I'm gonna be the guy to say it, but I think game balance demands it. Mossy Cobble grows too fast.

I know many more advanced BTW players use a lot of mossy but I let a spawner I found yesterday when starting a new world idle over night (bones!). Not only does that mean I get a lot of bones and arrows, I also come up and can harvest a huge amount of mossy. I have at least 4 stacks now and I started my world yesterday, that seems like it's too powerful, especially considering I don't even have an automated system up for it and I would have set up my drowning trap regardless due to other huge benefits.

Wait, did you just afk the entire night? Calling something imbalanced based on that is not really helpful now is it?
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I don't think that's too fast. 4 stacks of mossy cobble in a night equals 256 for...8 hours?

It's something like one mossy cobblestone per two minutes. That's slow, compared to things like mob towers, or hemp farms.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

The mossy cobble thing work with the cave spiders spawners as well, right?
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mason11987 wrote:I'm gonna be the guy to say it, but I think game balance demands it. Mossy Cobble grows too fast.
Yeah, I can't really treat testing based on AFK time as a serious indication of a balance issue man.

If the rate at which it grows appears to large through legitimate play, I will of course make changes, but for now, it is far too soon to tell.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Yeah, I can't really treat testing based on AFK time as a serious indication of a balance issue man.

If the rate at which it grows appears to large through legitimate play, I will of course make changes, but for now, it is far too soon to tell.
Fair enough, it seemed like it was too easy compared to how valuable the end-product is. I understand your point though.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

The way that mossy regeneration is handled is so simple, and so genius :)

I had many a conversation on how to properly implement some form of mossy regen. This should have been so obviouse >.<
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

diegokilla wrote:The way that mossy regeneration is handled is so simple, and so genius :)

I had many a conversation on how to properly implement some form of mossy regen. This should have been so obviouse >.<
I think Battosay was actually the one that suggested this one during a conversation we had a few weeks ago, so the genius is all his in this case :)

But yes, I agree. I think it's much better than any of the other options I was considering and retains the spirit of the whole spawner/mossy relation :)
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Is it safe to assume this shall be the last version of BTW that requires forge? I only ask because I stumbled across the topic discussing this today.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

joetalbot1 wrote:Is it safe to assume this shall be the last version of BTW that requires forge? I only ask because I stumbled across the topic discussing this today.
Yes, it is. The next release will just have some forge-light files included while FC continues to detach from the API. (If I'm understanding previous posts correctly.)
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Okay. That is good. Less stuff for me to install!
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

i have a nice idea. You should make same with stone bricks. When you place them near lava or in its dungeon it would after long time transform to cracked stone bricks or if you place stone bricks in cave with water or mob spawner it would transform to mossy stone bricks. I hope ya gonna make it. Its nice building material
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Errrr....