New Release! (BTW V3.21)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.21)

Post by FlowerChild »

Flesh_Engine wrote:Cool, I'll try things out when i get home :p

FC, is it possible with the current system to make the soap "slippery" like the ice block?
Nope. I considered that, but slipperiness is another one of those properties that can't be edited with these individual sub-blocks.

Anyways, transportable ice is in 1.0 (whether I like it or not), so there's not much point to it.
IrishBandit

Post by IrishBandit »

Thank you for fixing the annoying sounds on machines.
Also, we're getting so much sawdust that it must be useful later on! *stockpiles*
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

IrishBandit wrote:Thank you for fixing the annoying sounds on machines.
Also, we're getting so much sawdust that it must be useful later on! *stockpiles*
Nah man, it's useful now. Dynamite is your friend :)
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

Even though I'm not currently actively playing playing Minecraft (I got double-whammed - First Skyrim, then suddenly, Beta invite to Super Monday Night Combat!), thank you for continuing to update the mod - especially for stuff like this, that's minor yet useful. It's truly appreciated!
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

Brethern wrote: Even better. Now where's that donate button?
That, and....
CreeperCommando wrote: Also on a more personal note Flowerchild, I can't express how much both your mod and your engagement in this community means to me. Not only have you created a mod that is more vMC than the recent vMC itself but your input throughout this community has been a true learning experience for me. I've been tempted many times to start make my own amateur games, many times more because of programming courses, but while I tend to have 'rich' ideas in gamedesigning (mostly as daydreaming), your words would likely be that make any potential future projects a potential ''success''.
It's also been many times a blast for me to hear that you have very similar taste and ideas about games discussed, and it's almost uncanny that you've also been/are a drummer o.O
I salute your determination in making this awesome mod and if you're someday planning to go to Sweden (preferably Stockholm), I'd dearly hope to be able to buy you a beer! :)

In case my oddly put reply to your reply to my post in another half dead thread were buried in dirt and dung..... Yes I'm to lazy to write another appreciation speech, something I'm not used to....
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I'm a bit surprised (pleasantly) by the urn block to item conversion, hehe ;]

Great job as always and the aesthetic blocks should be very interesting and frankly some of them just make me grin :P Dung floors for cow farms ftw :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

I'm considering a formal suggestion to change the dung block construction to have a 'brick' middle stage so we can, officially, build and live in Brick Shithouses.
SCIENCE!
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

FC, is it possible with the current system to make the soap "slippery" like the ice block?
Indeed, it would make sense.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

FlowerChild wrote:

Nope. I considered that, but slipperiness is another one of those properties that can't be edited with these individual sub-blocks.

Anyways, transportable ice is in 1.0 (whether I like it or not), so there's not much point to it.

Thought so, np :)

Don't know if you've mentioned it somewhere but now that vMC has an official Cauldron, what's going to happen with the BTW Cauldron?
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

FlowerChild wrote: Anyways, transportable ice is in 1.0 (whether I like it or not), so there's not much point to it.
I must have missed this, how do you do it ?
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

CreeperCommando wrote: In case my oddly put reply to your reply to my post in another half dead thread were buried in dirt and dung..... Yes I'm to lazy to write another appreciation speech, something I'm not used to....
Thanks man! I actually hadn't seen your very nice appreciation message wherever else it may have been posted, so quoting it here is well received :)
FurkeyRefills wrote: I must have missed this, how do you do it ?
The Silk Touch enchantment. I'll probably modify the BD to be able to do this as well now that these blocks can be legitimately harvested and placed.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I wasn't able to get ice with silk touch when I tested it; are you sure it's still possible?
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Katalliaan wrote:I wasn't able to get ice with silk touch when I tested it; are you sure it's still possible?
I heard a rumor that it was going to be fixed for 1.0 and that Jeb considered ice harvesting a bug
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: I heard a rumor that it was going to be fixed for 1.0 and that Jeb considered ice harvesting a bug
Oh yeah? I'd be very happy if that were the case. I personally don't like what ice does to the item transport mechanisms in the mod, and was just going to include it in the BD as an acceptance of Mojang's design-decision to make it a deployable block.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

I can confirm that it was fixed in RC2, as I was unable to harvest and move ice in my RC2 server. I would assume that this means that it is unharvestable in 1.0 as well.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Briali wrote:I can confirm that it was fixed in RC2, as I was unable to harvest and move ice in my RC2 server. I would assume that this means that it is unharvestable in 1.0 as well.
Woot! I wasn't able to manage to get a silk touch enchantment in my play-through, so I was never able to verify this.

One thing I find funny though: doesn't that make silk touch fairly useless? I thought its primary purpose was the ability to transport ice.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Gilberreke wrote:
Katalliaan wrote:I wasn't able to get ice with silk touch when I tested it; are you sure it's still possible?
I heard a rumor that it was going to be fixed for 1.0 and that Jeb considered ice harvesting a bug
Well, my test was in 1.0 (did it after this post). I did it with water below the ice, with air below the ice, and with a block below the ice. None gave me the ice as a block.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
misterwuggles

Post by misterwuggles »

One thing I find funny though: doesn't that make silk touch fairly useless? I thought its primary purpose was the ability to transport ice.

I think it was also used to get stairs back from breaking stairs, but I believe they changed that as well. I guess all that really leaves for a consistent use is being able to mine Stone without it turning into Cobblestone? Other than that, I guess purely decorative stuff that turns into something else when you normally try to collect it like mushroom grass (pretty sure it spreads, so that might be a use for it--think this is a new addition with 1.0, possibly to replace being able to harvest ice) and ores and whatnot.

Anyway thanks for the update as always! I think the most immediate use for me will be putting my poop factory wolves on fancy pedestals. Not sure what I'll do from there but I look forward to messing around with the blocks.
Alrin

Post by Alrin »

I seem to recall that Ethos was talking about how great silk touch was for getting redstone ore blocks that he was going to use since they cause a block update when you walk or right click on them. Oh, and reclaiming glass blocks/mushroom blocks aswell.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FC, can you change the top and bottom of the pedestal to be the same texture as the top and bottom of the pillar?

Right now, it's pretty hard to get a decent pattern texture going for the pedestal, since it uses the same texture all around

To be clear:
Texture1: top/bottom of pillar, top/bottom of pedestal
Texture2: pillar side
Texture3: pedestal side

That would make it a lot more flexible for texture artists out there
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:FC, can you change the top and bottom of the pedestal to be the same texture as the top and bottom of the pillar?
Wouldn't it make more sense to just have a separate texture for the top and bottom of the pedestal instead of tying it to the pillar? You can duplicate the pillar texture if you like, or come up with something different.

I'm trying to avoid having blocks share the same texture as that limits customization ability.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to just have a separate texture for the top and bottom of the pedestal instead of tying it to the pillar? You can duplicate the pillar texture if you like, or come up with something different.

I'm trying to avoid having blocks share the same texture as that limits customization ability.
Yeah, getting a separate top/bottom texture for pedestal is even better, I was trying to conserve a texture
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: Yeah, getting a separate top/bottom texture for pedestal is even better, I was trying to conserve a texture
Don't worry about that. There's no hard constraints on them with the Forge system.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I love your updates, FC!
Aesthetic blocks may be pretty boring, but 32 different blocks at the cost of 2 block IDs is fine with me :)
the urn change is very helpful, and it made me want long pistons (for instance, ones that just push an item until the hit obsidian(or 16 block limit) could be very helpful).

I have a question - would it be possible to place the pillar (and the pedestal) sideways?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

itamarcu wrote:I have a question - would it be possible to place the pillar (and the pedestal) sideways?
Not without taking up even more damage IDs, so it wouldn't be worth it