Buddy stuff

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Battosay

Buddy stuff

Post by Battosay »

Didn't played a lot with it yet, but so far I've got stuff to report :

- When you place a ladder next to the Buddy, it gets destroyed.

- When you place a piston in front of the Output side of the Buddy, it makes an infinite loop.

- When you place redstone next to the Buddy, nothing happen, when you remove it, the Buddy send a pulse
Battosay

Re: Buddy stuff

Post by Battosay »

Oh, and also, if the Buddy would send a pulse when there's redstone next to it, and the redstone gets powered, it would make a very nice and compact monostable circuit :)
It should not send a pulse when the redstone is unpowered though.
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

Isn't removing redstone a block update?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Oh, and also, if the Buddy would send a pulse when there's redstone next to it, and the redstone gets powered, it would make a very nice and compact monostable circuit :)
It should not send a pulse when the redstone is unpowered though.
Yeah, I hear you on the monostable, the problem is if it reacts to changes in redstone elements (wire, repeaters, torches), you wind up with the same infinite loop problem you're describing with the pistons (which is one I hadn't anticipated), and you'd have no way to send out the signal from Buddy.

Unfortunately, with the way the Minecraft code is structured, it's impossible (well, impossible without heavy-duty base-class mods) to only detect changes like this on a directional basis (otherwise, I wouldn't have the output side sensing changes at all).

I'll take a look at the ladder thing, but I can't really do anything about the other two issues you're describing. The piston thing happens because of what I describe above, so I either make Buddy totally insensitive to pistons, or I leave it as is. With the redstone dust, it's reacting when it's removed because it's getting an update that the block is changing to an air block, so while it doesn't react to changes in dust, it DOES react to changes in air.
foi

Post by foi »

- When you place a ladder next to the Buddy, it gets destroyed.
If you spam placing a Ladder it works.
- When you place a piston in front of the Output side of the Buddy, it makes an infinite loop.
... and if you destroy that piston the extended part stays there. (although this is probably a bug in the piston code)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

All right, fixed the ladder bug for next release. As described though, not much I can do about the other issues at present, so I'll lock this thread down.