Do you use a texture pack?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
elcappucino

Do you use a texture pack?

Post by elcappucino »

Personally, I don't like using texture packs. Tried out a lot, but I never had the feeling one was better than the default one.
So yeah, what do you use and do you use it with BTW?
DaveYanakov

Re: Do you use a texture pack?

Post by DaveYanakov »

The only one I really use anymore is the one I've been working on myself. Even then I only really use it for particular projects as it turns cobble to a seamless burnished steel and adds a red tinge to sand and sky...
Better is the enemy of Good
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

I don't use one either.
Most of them just do not fit the intended style (the ones for armor are tempting though) of the game, some are plain ugly and in the end I always have the feeling that the style of my buildings would probably suck if I used a texture pack. Before we had stone bricks it was very common for most texture packs to make cobblestone look like white marble. I just couldn't stop thinking that this awsome castle would just look like a heap of cobble stone w/o the texture pack, so I never bothered and build - at least to me - good looking stuff according to the basic textures. It's like those inflated bras girls use, they get you to second base but eventually the truth comes out.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

I've been using texture packs ever since I found Duku's RPG pack a long time ago. Nowadays I'm using my own texture pack. Mainly because I grew tired of how most TPs try to make things look like something they aren't (like making glow-stone into lanterns etc) but also since there are very few that have BTW support.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

I pretty much only use Coterie Craft. I don't want to have to mess with the HD patcher, and it feels more true to the spirit of the game/the blocks than any of the others out there.
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

I'm quite happy with the vanilla textures. Sometimes I'll install a specific texture pack for a particular world, if I want a particular theme (eg I used Dokucraft when I was running EE), but on the whole I'll stick to the vanilla one. It's just much more 'minecrafty' than even the so-called 'faithful' TPs. Without meaning to troll, surely no TP can be completely 'faithful', by definition, in the same way as no mod can be identical to the main game?

My attitude to TPs is a bit weird, I guess, considering that I spend half my time installing new mods.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I use the dokucraft customiser, it has partial better than wolves support and for the ones it doesn't i just do my own.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

I can't play without texture packs anymore. Mainly, I prefer the HD. I use the Doku customizer and Sphax Pure BD, which is my absolute favorite. I just can't wait til it has BTW support.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

HD packs actually bother me now. The one thing I do really like to do with a texture pack is to make the melons monochrome. They make really excellent columns that way.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

It's been a while since I've used one; a combination of a lack of art skills and there being barely any BTW/other mod texture packs available at the moment has lead me to just play default.

Though normally I'd be using the albion TP. It's a bit fancy, but it looks great on large projects (I like my purple light-blocks >.<)
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I'm not actually using much in the way of art skills. Colour slider manipulation plus cropping an interesting bit from a stock photo of a textured surface, then shrinking it down to 16 pixels and cleaning it up a bit. If I had to draw from scratch I'd be sunk.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I'm using jolicraft and I draw the textures for mods, like BTW, myself. I used to use my own texture pack, but updating it was a hassle.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

I use my personal TP that I've put together from Tekei's, Rivet's, Battosay's, and John Smiths.

The Items and BTW and ect. are all from Batto. I dont work on it as much but its getting nicer each time I tweak it.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Soartex
SCIENCE!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Misa's
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

I have been maintaining my own Gerudoku and JohnSmith remix for about a month, and its really nice to see the game how you made it :)

EDIT: Oh, I've only drawn about 10 texture myself, the rest I've just pillaged from wherever :/
Last edited by FurkeyRefills on Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
elcappucino

Post by elcappucino »

PuppetRebel wrote:I can't play without texture packs anymore. Mainly, I prefer the HD. I use the Doku customizer and Sphax Pure BD, which is my absolute favorite. I just can't wait til it has BTW support.
I saw a lot of attention going to the Sphax Pure BD texture pack. I guess I'll try it out then.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I dont use a TP when I play SMP, but when I go solo, I for some reason need a 32x32.
M!C

Post by M!C »

jorgebonafe wrote:Misa's
Me too ... I don't like the new cobble texture though so I'll most likely switch to something else soon.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I really can't stand watching the default for more than a minute. Notch is obviously not an artist.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I use Tekei's in my singleplayer, and the default (alongside the water shader mod) in multiplayer.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Mintdragon

Post by Mintdragon »

I can't use a texture pack because every time I do my Patcher messes up the textures. >.< But if I could, I would be using Faithfulcraft, Invertedcraft, the texture pack my friend made, and my own custom pack.
Peace, love, and music.
Mints = happiness.
Minion of Herobrine.
I am a Sapling!^_^
elcappucino

Post by elcappucino »

Wow, I just found a texture pack that's Doku, but 16x. It's awesome! I'll just have to ignore that it has no BTW support.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Gilberreke wrote:I really can't stand watching the default for more than a minute. Notch is obviously not an artist.
Considering the fact that he's not the artist.

I sometimes use misa's but since I can't find one that has textures for all my mods I usually don't.

I'm also hoping for a 40K texture pack. I know there's one but it's not dark enough for me.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Brethern wrote:
Gilberreke wrote:I really can't stand watching the default for more than a minute. Notch is obviously not an artist.
Considering the fact that he's not the artist.

I sometimes use misa's but since I can't find one that has textures for all my mods I usually don't.

I'm also hoping for a 40K texture pack. I know there's one but it's not dark enough for me.
DaveYanakov wrote:... Colour slider manipulation ...
Gimp is free