Creepers in the Desert

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
PuppetRebel

Creepers in the Desert

Post by PuppetRebel »

Does anyone know if creepers are more likely to spawn in desert biomes?
My new map I'm trying to live in a desert and there definitely seems to be FAR more creepers then I'm accustomed to dealing with.
Mintdragon

Re: Creepers in the Desert

Post by Mintdragon »

I don't think it matters, no. :)
Peace, love, and music.
Mints = happiness.
Minion of Herobrine.
I am a Sapling!^_^
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

You're probably just noticing them more because they can't blend in, like they do on grass.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Glox

Post by Glox »

Stormweaver wrote:You're probably just noticing them more because they can't blend in, like they do on grass.
And because zombies and skellies can survive longer in forest due to trees blocking the sunlight. In the desert they die faster at sunrise, leaving only the creepers, thus making it seem like creepers have higher spawn rates.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Mob spawning picks a random spot and decides whether it is valid to spawn a pack of mobs from, this will succeed more often in deserts and plains than in forests as there are less trees in the way that would prevent a mob from being able to spawn there.
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

But relative to the number of, say, skeletons spawning, the spawn rates should be the same. Of course, as pointed out, skeles will die faster in deserts...