Epic setting in next release :)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Kulantan

Re: Epic setting in next release :)

Post by Kulantan »

Hmmm, something to do with the BD...

Perhaps it is the ability to make Steve blocks in the manner of companion cubes. It would let you experience the world of minecraft in a totally new way, from the perspective of one of the humble and omnipresent blocks.
bazilshep

Post by bazilshep »

Perhaps it is vertical redstone wire. It is simple and very useful to technical players.... Though there are other mods to do it.
EDIT: Nevermind, reread the OP. It said much harder, not easier.
dyrewulf

Post by dyrewulf »

How about some form of strategic ore generation? I've used mossman1223's oregen mod for awhile and love it (hasn't been updated to 1.8.1). Seems to fit the criteria of a fundamental but simple modification to vanilla that makes the game harder but more rewarding. I've been hoping one of the main forge mods would implement this. A related idea (also a mod by mossman1223) is a significant restriction of inventory capacity. Emphasizes the importance of transport and storage, especially minecart systems.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

dyrewulf wrote:How about some form of strategic ore generation? I've used mossman1223's oregen mod for awhile and love it (hasn't been updated to 1.8.1). Seems to fit the criteria of a fundamental but simple modification to vanilla that makes the game harder but more rewarding. I've been hoping one of the main forge mods would implement this. A related idea (also a mod by mossman1223) is a significant restriction of inventory capacity. Emphasizes the importance of transport and storage, especially minecart systems.
Marco Polo's better Ore Generation might be what you're looking for: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/330 ... mushrooms/

It's highly customisable and works perfectly with BTW and forge
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
fullsailor

Post by fullsailor »

I was thinking of something that would make the game harder, but would be a relatively simple change. Remove coal ore. Yep. The game is still playable. But you'll want to create your first automatic tree farm asap.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

It's possible FC is just getting lazy and started this thread so that we could think up an epic setting for him :P
M!C

Post by M!C »

grimper12341 wrote:It's possible FC is just getting lazy and started this thread so that we could think up an epic setting for him :P
He didn't start it ... ok, he dropped that hint which in turn caused this thread to come up ...
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

M!C wrote: He didn't start it ... ok, he dropped that hint which in turn caused this thread to come up ...
And now people are ignoring that hint in favor of crazy complex game modes :p Really, guys, he said himself it's just a small yet fundamental change to vMC. No changed level generation, no beginning game changes, probably just a simple physics or farming change that forces you to think things through more and put more work into automation. Still exciting to hear, but not anything gigantic :p
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Oh, I think we all realise that, we're just having some fun!
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

I'm kind of dreading this next release, it's been really nice not to have to update my texture pack for a while !

My guess is no return seeds when you destroy a wheat or melon plant, or something of the like. ;)
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

I see a few clues:
modifying vanilla behavior
harder for advanced users
for technically-inclined players
[involves] the mod's tech-tree

Based on those clues, my guess is that redstone power can no longer be supplied from torches, levers and buttons but rather you need a mechanically powered dynamo.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Awfulcopter wrote:I see a few clues:

Based on those clues, my guess is that redstone power can no longer be supplied from torches, levers and buttons but rather you need a mechanically powered dynamo.
You realise that would make almost all redstone circuitry impossible to use?

Pretty sure it's going to be something to do with how items interact with the world; I'm sticking with my guess that [some] items will float on liquids.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Stormweaver wrote:

Pretty sure it's going to be something to do with how items interact with the world; I'm sticking with my guess that [some] items will float on liquids.
Not impossible, you'd just have to power a "ring main" which all your circuits attach too. But I agree your idea is more likely, even if I put that idea forward too!
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Stormweaver wrote:

He also said the change was a lot of fun... I'm not sure what alone would be really interesting about that. What does it change really? Hoppers are probably harder to use, I don't see any other difference.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Shengji wrote:Not impossible, you'd just have to power a "ring main" which all your circuits attach too. But I agree your idea is more likely, even if I put that idea forward too!
A ring main? where would you attach it? how would you use logic gates if torches don't work? etcb etc

I don't think redesigning the entire redstone system is the kind of thing FC would do on a whim, then leave as 'optional'.

And FYI, I find the concept of floating items fun -.-
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

Stormweaver wrote: Pretty sure it's going to be something to do with how items interact with the world; I'm sticking with my guess that [some] items will float on liquids.
Better water physics is one of the things minecraft needs most, I feel. But I don't think it adds up with the clues FC gave.

How do you envision that making the game significantly harder for techinically inclined users? How is it involved in the tech tree?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:
Shengji wrote:Not impossible, you'd just have to power a "ring main" which all your circuits attach too. But I agree your idea is more likely, even if I put that idea forward too!
A ring main? where would you attach it? how would you use logic gates if torches don't work? etcb etc
Hehe...exactly what I was wondering :)

Logic gates simply cease to function if torches don't power circuits. Your problems are a little more extensive than I think you realize if you remove that functionality :)
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

FlowerChild wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:

Logic gates simply cease to function if torches don't power circuits. Your problems are a little more extensive than I think you realize if you remove that functionality :)
Admit it, you like watching them squirm XD
SCIENCE!
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

FlowerChild wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:

Oh I was just assuming everything would work as normal as long as it could trace a path back to the generator - hehe, I wasn't really thinking it through though, I'm hoping no-one is taking this thread too seriously, and I do hope FC is having a good laugh at us!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

It is kinda fun to work out what kind of 'small, optional change' could impact vMC gameplay to the point where FC is impressed by it.

Now all we can do is wait till 2.999 is released. *waits*
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote: Now all we can do is wait till 2.999 is released. *waits*
Smart ass :)

I've got a nagging little problem I'm working on with one of the aspects of the release, and while I'm thinking that one through, I've been adding a bunch more features.

So, on the bright side, the delay is adding up to a bunch of new stuff to play with ;)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:
Stormweaver wrote: Now all we can do is wait till 2.999 is released. *waits*
Smart ass :)
Yes I am ^.^

No rush though, I still havn't finished playing with 2.98 yet -.- But more features is always good. always.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Stormweaver wrote: But more features is always good. always.
Finished features that is or features that will be finished in a timely fashion... ;)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

This topic is quite hilarious :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

M!C wrote:
Stormweaver wrote: But more features is always good. always.
Finished features that is or features that will be finished in a timely fashion... ;)
Well designed features that work well and give the impression of being complete, but will ultimately be added to and revisted constantly to keep them fresh and tied in with the rest of the game.

If I meant other kinds of features, I would have said mojang features, obviously :|

I bet a doughnut battosay already knows what the new setting is.