Powering 9 Hibachis simultaneously?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
WarChicken

Powering 9 Hibachis simultaneously?

Post by WarChicken »

I've seen it in one of FCs demo vids, and am now trying to get this done myself and just seem to be too stupid.
How the hell do I power a square of 9 hibachis simultaneously for the use of a fast crucible?
Any help is appreciated.
M!C

Re: Powering 9 Hibachis simultaneously?

Post by M!C »

WarChicken wrote:I've seen it in one of FCs demo vids, and am now trying to get this done myself and just seem to be too stupid.
How the hell do I power a square of 9 hibachis simultaneously for the use of a fast crucible?
Any help is appreciated.
I suppose you want it switchable? If not, simply put a redstone torch under each hibachi ...
WarChicken

Post by WarChicken »

Yep, that's what I'm aming for.
Powered all the time wouldn't be a biggie.
Waughoo

Post by Waughoo »

I believe you have to power the outside ones via repeaters, and the center one you go underneath with a redstone torch on a block, and invert the signal to that block.
WarChicken

Post by WarChicken »

Waughoo wrote:I believe you have to power the outside ones via repeaters, and the center one you go underneath with a redstone torch on a block, and invert the signal to that block.
That will work. But if it will look ugly because all the wireing will happen around the hibachis. I'll use that for now, because my mind starts boiling, but if anyone has an Idea how to do it powering them all from below only one redstone line coming to the surface, let me know.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

WarChicken wrote:
Waughoo wrote:I believe you have to power the outside ones via repeaters, and the center one you go underneath with a redstone torch on a block, and invert the signal to that block.
That will work. But if it will look ugly because all the wireing will happen around the hibachis. I'll use that for now, because my mind starts boiling, but if anyone has an Idea how to do it powering them all from below only one redstone line coming to the surface, let me know.
Place a torch under every hibachi and use the repeaters to power the blocks below those torches. Put two torches under the middle one and invert that signal.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Heres the link for a good video tutorial on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g50dgHPSkGQ
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
WarChicken

Post by WarChicken »

Wow, why didn't I think of that?
Thanks a lot, all of you!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Husbag3 wrote:Heres the link for a good video tutorial on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g50dgHPSkGQ
Not really, it's way too big and the author obviously doesn't know how repeaters work.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote: Not really, it's way too big and the author obviously doesn't know how repeaters work.
Well, in fairness to the author, that video was made before repeaters auto-attached at the input side. But yeah, it's definitely dated.
OneTripleZero

Post by OneTripleZero »

I had actually entertained the idea of making a video of how I built mine. The widest layer (of which there is only one) is 7x5 and it's 5 layers deep. I could probably compact it horizontally with another one or two vertical layers. The flames come on in a spiral too, which is a nice touch.
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for Humanity - Horace Mann
DocLazy

Post by DocLazy »

This is the basic setup, with an inverted torch under the middle hibachi.
Spoiler
Show
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

This is something that drove me nuts trying to figure out when I first played BTW.
The method I used, allows me to place the hibachis on ground level. It's basically a repeater powering a block with a redstone torch on the side of the block.
Spoiler
Show
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Is it bad that I just use 9 redstone torches to keep them lit all the time?
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

PuppetRebel wrote:Is it bad that I just use 9 redstone torches to keep them lit all the time?
no, but if you wanted to cook "dangerous" things you'd have to have an alternate setup :)
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
Urian

Post by Urian »

phantum wrote:no, but if you wanted to cook "dangerous" things you'd have to have an alternate setup :)
If by dangerous you mean things that go boom when stoked then that isn't affected by having hibachis constantly on if you control the bellows. I tend to keep my hibachis on constantly since they're enclosed so nothing will ever touch them :)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

Urian wrote:
phantum wrote:no, but if you wanted to cook "dangerous" things you'd have to have an alternate setup :)
If by dangerous you mean things that go boom when stoked then that isn't affected by having hibachis constantly on if you control the bellows. I tend to keep my hibachis on constantly since they're enclosed so nothing will ever touch them :)
yeah brain fart on my part, I was thinking it was the bellows we were referring to. That's what I get for being up at 3am
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

You can download my 1.7 map to see how I did this: The Lever is just to your left and you can access the wiring under the stairs behind you.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18357586/New%20 ... Folder.zip

EDIT: As I remember, this map used BTW 2.94, so may not work with later versions. OK I tested it with BTW 2.98 on MC 1.8 and it works fine
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

So, other than being cool, why would you need to turn off your hibachis anyway? Just curious.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

PuppetRebel wrote:So, other than being cool, why would you need to turn off your hibachis anyway? Just curious.
Several people use a block dispenser to switch between crucible, cauldron and brick so they can reuse their fires for all purposes, in this case it's a good idea to turn the fire off in case you forgot to empty the cauldron/crucible (done that several times :( ).

The other main reason would be for automation, so you can empty the cauldron/crucible without burning up the drops.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

gftweek wrote:
PuppetRebel wrote:So, other than being cool, why would you need to turn off your hibachis anyway? Just curious.
Several people use a block dispenser to switch between crucible, cauldron and brick so they can reuse their fires for all purposes, in this case it's a good idea to turn the fire off in case you forgot to empty the cauldron/crucible (done that several times :( ).

The other main reason would be for automation, so you can empty the cauldron/crucible without burning up the drops.
In truth, I've always found using water to both extinguish the Hibachis and move the items at the same time to work better than the alternatives. requiring off switches.

Main reason I see for them is when you realise you've built something with wood too close. It happens.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Stormweaver wrote:Main reason I see for them is when you realise you've built something with wood too close. It happens.
Actually to be honest, after setting my house above on fire several times, this is probably why I always implement this now, just in case. Although I have taken to just burying them deeper.
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

gftweek wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:Main reason I see for them is when you realise you've built something with wood too close. It happens.
Actually to be honest, after setting my house above on fire several times, this is probably why I always implement this now, just in case. Although I have taken to just burying them deeper.
I always build a 5 x 5 area around them, and replace any wood that would be, :O with cobble/stone bricks. Especially since I burned down my 15 diameter 30 block high windmill cause I was mining and didn't realize it was on fire QQ
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

What I have done in the past to try to hide the wireing is I made small tower of torches going down, then hook them up that way... what I mean is that the 1 set of torches goes 1 torch down the next 3 the next 5 that way you have a proper hidden setup... it could possibly be done much simpler but I've never been good with redstone.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Well, I'm one of those Redpower people, so ... where's the problem? put your redstone on the underside of the hibachis ...

What I want to say is, if you don't like huge complicated redstone applications try that mod if you haven't done so already.