Sorting loot

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Waughoo

Sorting loot

Post by Waughoo »

I'd automating my mob grinder, and am wanting to sort the loot completely. I want each type of loot will go to it's own storage chests. Is there a way to do this? I've looked around and havent found anything about it. Right now Gunpowder gets separated via Wicker filters, but everything else all goes into the Ladder filter.
Urian

Re: Sorting loot

Post by Urian »

Check the Filtering section on this wiki page to see what each filter stops or lets through. You cannot separate all items currently but I seem to recall that FC is thinking about implementing ways to help the sorting even further.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

You can use a bunch of seeded hoppers to do it, though the setup is waaaay to complicated to justify doing it.

...who am I kidding, this is minecraft. Go seed some hoppers, you guy you.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:You can use a bunch of seeded hoppers to do it, though the setup is waaaay to complicated to justify doing it.

While noting that this functionality will be removed in a future update. Please make sure to let people know that before they invest too much time in it.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:
Stormweaver wrote:You can use a bunch of seeded hoppers to do it, though the setup is waaaay to complicated to justify doing it.

While noting that this functionality will be removed in a future update. Please make sure to let people know that before they invest too much time in it.
will do ^.^
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

What exactly do you mean by seeded hoppers?
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Filling all but on spot with clay, and the putting your desired item in the last spot, for example arrow, so everything will flow over top of the hopper except arrows. The only hard part is timing is so the hopper does not release all of the arrows when it fills up.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Filling all but on spot with clay, and the putting your desired item in the last spot, for example arrow, so everything will flow over top of the hopper except arrows. The only hard part is timing is so the hopper does not release all of the arrows when it fills up.
Although this can be simplified by having all of the items from the trap/farm go into one powered hopper before going over the seeded ones. On occasion you stop the first hopper, and after 5 seconds empty all of the 'seeded' hoppers. Then you reseed them using item dispensers, and turn the first hopper on again. In the case of arrows/eggs, you simply have the hopper at the end put to one side for collecting them, and make sure you have a hopper for every other possible drop before it.

I'm kinda interested to see how FC removes this functionality tbh. If I was a shade more masochistic, I'd say exited.
Waughoo

Post by Waughoo »

The timing of the seeded hopper would be a little hard in the area I'm working in. But if FC is gonna remove it then I'll just forget about it for now :/

I'd like to see some other way of sorting items. Maybe a block detector with a item slot in it, and it'll only activate when that item passes in front of it. If something like that comes around I'm going to have to make a giant item sorting system so I can just throw all my loot/tools/food/whatever else I'm carrying into a hole and it all be automatically sorted into chests :)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Ah I see. No point using this though if it is to be removed.

As it is now, if I end up installing BC too I will use the pipes to sort loot.

My idea was to have a large network of chests behind the walls of my storage room,with multiple chests per item, according to supply and demand. The actual room will only have a single chest per item, with a lever next to it.

That lever will activate some BC pipes that refill the front chest as needed from the behind the walls chests. This way the storage room will be compact and I won't have to walk miles to find the chest I want :P

It is gonna be a mess though, having pipes store things in the chests,then other pipes bringing them forth, it is a bit of a pain to figure it out.

If I don't use BC, I'll just do the sorting by hand, and implement sethblings storage minecart system to help cut down on logistics.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
redeyedmonstar

Post by redeyedmonstar »

Waughoo wrote: I'd like to see some other way of sorting items. Maybe a block detector with a item slot in it, and it'll only activate when that item passes in front of it. If something like that comes around I'm going to have to make a giant item sorting system so I can just throw all my loot/tools/food/whatever else I'm carrying into a hole and it all be automatically sorted into chests :)
the Allocator mod basically does exactly that
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/350 ... bug-fixes/
don't think i can see a 1.8 version tho, and from the sound he's too busy with other things to update it.
Waughoo

Post by Waughoo »

That does look like it would work. I'm hoping FC will implement some way to completely sort drops in BTW though. I dont want to have to have to keep several mods updated and working. I worry about one new mod update messing something up and then I have to rebuild half of my stuff.
redeyedmonstar

Post by redeyedmonstar »

well, if FC plans to break seeded hoppers, I'd assume either he doesn't want us completely automating item sorting, or he already has something planned, maybe further down the tech tree to do this.
Waughoo

Post by Waughoo »

Thats kinda what I figured too. But he likes automation, so I think he's probably going to come up with something for sorting.