Steelgrave: PuppetRebel's Utopia Challenge Map

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
PuppetRebel

Steelgrave: PuppetRebel's Utopia Challenge Map

Post by PuppetRebel »

Here is my attempt at DocLazy's BTW Utopia Challenge

I really suck at remembering to take pictures so I don't have a lot of "before" type shots. Here's how it looks so far (far from finished).
I have not used a bucket to move ANY water. I also don't plan to...ever. Even to get obsidian. Which should be interesting.
Overall Village
Show
Matured Hemp Farm
Show
Town Hall
Show
Strip Mining Staging Area/Slime Spawns
Show
Sky Light Cuts Fog
Warehouse
Show
Reservoir
Show
Mill/Saw Building
Show
Wheel House
Show
Forge
Show
House
Show
Very proud of this:
Mechanical Power Switcher
Show
This mess makes it so that when it rains or snows the mechanical power leading to my forge will switch from the wind mill to the water wheel. This way I can still have the wind mill be useful, but not be cut off from my power.
Last edited by PuppetRebel on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brethern

Re: Steelgrave: PuppetRebel's Utopia Challenge Map

Post by Brethern »

So how did the aqueduct fill up with water without you using any buckets. Or am I missing something obvious about the water fix? It also looks great compared to my hole in the ground.
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Brethern wrote:So how did the aqueduct fill up with water without you using any buckets. Or am I missing something obvious about the water fix? It also looks great compared to my hole in the ground.
The Utopia rules say that you're SUPPOSED to use a man made source, but then channel it. Doesn't say anything about using buckets besides that you're not supposed to just place source blocks wherever.
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

Just did a major update to the OP.
Added:
Mining area at bottom of elevator shaft.
Picture of resevoir.
Milling building/saw
Wheel house
Forge with 2 turn tables and double kiln with BD switcher for crucible and cauldrons
House
A mechanical power switcher that automatically switches power between water wheel and wind mill during bad weather.

I hope you guys enjoy. I finally made enough steel to make my first set of armor, I just need to find feathers. Chickens are rather scarce.
My brother and I are actually going to start tag teaming this map which means epic awesomeness is sure to come!
screally

Post by screally »

Hmm the mechanical power switching is really cool! Perhaps you could even add a piston to the aqueduct so that the water only flows from there when it is raining?
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Is this made with indev water capabilites or am I missing something?

Looks very cool though, I also like the mech power switcher.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
DocLazy

Post by DocLazy »

Very nice. I love the gearbox setup. My map rains enough that it has become a pain having no mill.
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

screally wrote:Hmm the mechanical power switching is really cool! Perhaps you could even add a piston to the aqueduct so that the water only flows from there when it is raining?
Thanks!
That would be pretty cool. It's not essential, but I might consider it.
danielngtiger wrote:Is this made with indev water capabilites or am I missing something?

Looks very cool though, I also like the mech power switcher.
I think you are missing something.
This is plain old Vanilla water.
See?
Show
When you place a water source block it flows out 8 blocks:Image
If the the 8th block falls it'll go another 8 blocks.
If you stair step it like that you can use one source block to have an endless stream.
DocLazy wrote:Very nice. I love the gearbox setup. My map rains enough that it has become a pain having no mill.
Thanks!
Yeah, that's exactly it. I kept going to something that required mech power and waiting for it to work and realizing "Doh! It's raining!! I have no power! Duhr."