New Release (BTW V2.98)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

New Release (BTW V2.98)

Post by FlowerChild »

Version 2.98 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download

Download Link

This release contains the following changes:

-Fixed problem with non-Steel tools not being able to harvest various mod-blocks and redstone. This major bug is the main reason for this small release.

-Fixed problem with Hemp Fibre-based Filament recipe producing 2 Filaments instead of 1.

As such, it's just an emergency patch for yesterday's 2.97 release, mainly to fix the first issue mentioned.
bmanfoley

Re: New Release (BTW V2.98)

Post by bmanfoley »

It's amazing how quickly you put out these releases. I was just downloading 2.97 D:! Thank you very much for all the effort
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

bmanfoley wrote:It's amazing how quickly you put out these releases. I was just downloading 2.97 D:! Thank you very much for all the effort
Eh. I'd much rather not have had to put this one out given that it was just a correction for a rather major bug, but you're welcome just the same :)
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

On another post you said about how you had many decimals to use before you had to release 3.0. I hate to seem over critical, but you could have called this one 2.97.5 as it is only a bug fix.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Husbag3 wrote:On another post you said about how you had many decimals to use before you had to release 3.0. I hate to seem over critical, but you could have called this one 2.97.5 as it is only a bug fix.
Nothing is limiting him, that was a joke, he can (and many programs do) go to 2.100, or 2.105.
Dirdle

Post by Dirdle »

Husbag3 wrote:On another post you said about how you had many decimals to use before you had to release 3.0. I hate to seem over critical, but you could have called this one 2.97.5 as it is only a bug fix.
Psht, there's still infinitely many real numbers between this and 3.0. That's probably enough.

On a more serious note, wow - even grouping 2.97 and 2.98 together, I'm impressed with the speed of updates, having not been regularly following the mod for long. I'll have to make some time to check all the new stuff out over the weekend :D.
What Strange Devices!
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

The way I see it, there are two kinds of modders.
The first: "Oh crap, bugs. I'll get that updated ASAP"
The second: "Oh crap, bugs. Let's just finish the bunny hats and new launcher and wait for the guys to get back from holiday"

FC, glad that you're a shining example of the first :) *downloads*
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
AmishGoat

Post by AmishGoat »

FC did you add the ghast spawning/hopper breaking back in? How are we supposed to make urns then? Sorry if I'm being an idiot but after three ghasts I'm a little confused.
Trying to destroy the you with a you is futile.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

AmishGoat wrote:FC did you add the ghast spawning/hopper breaking back in? How are we supposed to make urns then? Sorry if I'm being an idiot but after three ghasts I'm a little confused.
I never took it out.
AmishGoat

Post by AmishGoat »

Oh. Thats funny I thought it didn't happen in 2.97. Nevermind then.
Trying to destroy the you with a you is futile.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

My usual rambling speech about the update :)
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:My usual rambling speech about the update :)
Excellent man! Just added it to the MCF OP.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I can confirm the Steel pick working with RP2 ores and rocks
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

Is the Steel Pickaxe supposed to be able to cleave through obsidan fairly easily? I mean, if so, wonderful, it's nice to have way to FINALLY deal with obisidan - it just seems to be sorta contray to your previous statements.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mrchaim wrote:Is the Steel Pickaxe supposed to be able to cleave through obsidan fairly easily? I mean, if so, wonderful, it's nice to have way to FINALLY deal with obisidan - it just seems to be sorta contray to your previous statements.
Ack! Is it? No, that's not intentional. Checking now.

EDIT: Arg. So is diamond. DEFINITELY not intentional.

EDIT 2: Actually, I think this is a bug with the Forge tool system, that only became active when I used it for the mod's tools. Will need to talk to the Forge team.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

FlowerChild wrote:
Mrchaim wrote:Is the Steel Pickaxe supposed to be able to cleave through obsidan fairly easily? I mean, if so, wonderful, it's nice to have way to FINALLY deal with obisidan - it just seems to be sorta contray to your previous statements.
Ack! Is it? No, that's not intentional. Checking now.

EDIT: Arg. So is diamond. DEFINITELY not intentional.

EDIT 2: Actually, I think this is a bug with the Forge tool system, that only became active when I used it for the mod's tools. Will need to talk to the Forge team.
You probably exceeded an efficiency parameter in your Steel design, so when it was added to Forge it auto-assumed that you wanted 'diamond' teir strength to go with it...

But i wouldn't think this bug would be too terribly game breaking, right?
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

MagusUnion wrote:But i wouldn't think this bug would be too terribly game breaking, right?
While it's nice to have a way to shift obsidian around easily, we've already got that methodology available (especially now) to shift it around through other options - Block Dispensers, mainly.

The thing is though, it completely breaks Obsidian as a defensive measure for a base - And that's a BIG problem in multiplayer anarchy serves, which from his comments, FC is a huge fan of.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

[quote="Mrchaim"
While it's nice to have a way to shift obsidian around easily, we've already got that methodology available (especially now) to shift it around through other options - Block Dispensers, mainly.

The thing is though, it completely breaks Obsidian as a defensive measure for a base - And that's a BIG problem in multiplayer anarchy serves, which from his comments, FC is a huge fan of.[/quote]

Yup, plus whatever this problem is, it's also affecting the diamond pick, which is definitely not cool.

Like I said though, I'll have to take it up with the Forge team, so it might take awhile to get it fixed, unless I modify some of the Forge files myself and overwrite them with the mod (which is definitely an option, as I really don't like this).
Urian

Post by Urian »

If you can separate steel and diamon, how about leaving it in for obsidian until SMP? :p It would really help speed things up.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:If you can separate steel and diamon, how about leaving it in for obsidian until SMP? :p It would really help speed things up.
It's a bug, and one I've already fixed. The problem resides in Forge, but it was easy enough for me to override its behavior without needing to modify any of its classes.

I'm surprised this problem hasn't popped up with other mods using the Forge tool system, as it seems that just initializing it causes this problem.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

FlowerChild wrote:
Urian wrote:If you can separate steel and diamon, how about leaving it in for obsidian until SMP? :p It would really help speed things up.
It's a bug, and one I've already fixed. The problem resides in Forge, but it was easy enough for me to override its behavior without needing to modify any of its classes.

I'm surprised this problem hasn't popped up with other mods using the Forge tool system, as it seems that just initializing it causes this problem.
I'm guessing because other forge mods don't rely on 'Obsidian Forts' for security? Obsidian blocks themselves aren't that hard to create/get around. The hardness issue is merely an annoyance to those who have to bother with them early-mid game in Minecraft... Hell, Nether portals can be built via buckets anyway, so long as you dig far enough to find some source of lava to use for positional pouring (or get lucky with a surface deposit.. lol)...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Necropolis

Post by Necropolis »

It was a pleasant surprise for me. I took advantage of the opportunity when it came. But to get to the purpose of why I'm posting, is it intentional that the OP in MCF does not mention the necessity of powering the hopper when passing ground netherrack through? Or even hint at it?
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

MagusUnion wrote:I'm guessing because other forge mods don't rely on 'Obsidian Forts' for security? Obsidian blocks themselves aren't that hard to create/get around. The hardness issue is merely an annoyance to those who have to bother with them early-mid game in Minecraft... Hell, Nether portals can be built via buckets anyway, so long as you dig far enough to find some source of lava to use for positional pouring (or get lucky with a surface deposit.. lol)...
I'm guessing you don't play a lot of SMP then? On any kind of server, obsidian is the only thing to somewhat keep griefers at bay
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Gilberreke wrote:
MagusUnion wrote:I'm guessing because other forge mods don't rely on 'Obsidian Forts' for security? Obsidian blocks themselves aren't that hard to create/get around. The hardness issue is merely an annoyance to those who have to bother with them early-mid game in Minecraft... Hell, Nether portals can be built via buckets anyway, so long as you dig far enough to find some source of lava to use for positional pouring (or get lucky with a surface deposit.. lol)...
I'm guessing you don't play a lot of SMP then? On any kind of server, obsidian is the only thing to somewhat keep griefers at bay
Not on IC servers.... Industrial Diamonds and tools laugh at Obsidian.. especially because it's relatively easy to create them via Coal... Plus you can still get thru Obsidian with Iron Tools (alibet, very tediously), so carving a small opening in them doesn't take much.. mostly patience, lol...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MagusUnion wrote:Not on IC servers.... Industrial Diamonds and tools laugh at Obsidian.. especially because it's relatively easy to create them via Coal... Plus you can still get thru Obsidian with Iron Tools (alibet, very tediously), so carving a small opening in them doesn't take much.. mostly patience, lol...
This isn't IC. This mod is balanced relative to itself, vanilla MC, and nothing else.

If you combine mods, that's your choice, but you can't expect them all to be designed relative to each other. This and your complaint about the cement recipe relative to your Redpower version when 2.97 came out, are both entirely irrelevant comments.

I really don't give a rat's ass about your particular home-brew personal mod-pack man. As I said before, my patience is rapidly running out. It seems with each new release you focus on some minor detail to bitch about.

Anyways, I don't think you've been a constructive part of this community at any point since you've joined. Though not for any particular incident, but just through being a constant negative presence, you've earned yourself a perma-ban.