What Vehicle's would you like in BTW

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

Do you think vechials should be in BTW

Yes
11%
Mabie
36%
No
54%

Total votes: 28
BigShinyToys

What Vehicle's would you like in BTW

Post by BigShinyToys »

SO there was a thread about hot air balloons not long ago and it kinda deflated ( yes my attempt at humor ) Any way it got me thinking What vehicles would you like to see in Minecraft / BTW If any ?

so far hot air balloon failed
and a better boat made of steal failed .

So what are you're thoughts ?
Stormweaver

Re: What Vehicle's would you like in BTW

Post by Stormweaver »

controllable pigs via possesed saddles.

/wins thread
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Stormweaver wrote:controllable pigs via possesed saddles.

/wins thread
I LOL'd
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

If they are done right, then maybe? Exactly what vehicle though... I don't know. Haven't heard or had any ideas that would fit well yet. FC did mention once that the mod wouldn't "stop" until Steve went to the moon, so maybe a rocket when we get to that point? ;) (Oooh! I know! An X-Wing! Wait... No.)
Lots of planets have a north...!
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

I think it's unlikely we get a brand new kind of transportation. One of FCs big things is not outclassing vanilla systems. I think if the tech tree gets reasonably far a decent addition to minecarts or boats would be the most viable and best option for any kind of change/addition to transportation.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Boats sure do need some work in MC, they are far too awkward to use.

But the only thing I can see fitting well in current vMC/BtW is horses to traverse less dangerous terrain. Their speed being better in flat areas than ragged terrain would give you an additional reason to build roads and paths instead of just for aesthetics.

But other than that, unless the tech creep in BtW gets very far, I don't see any vehicles fitting in or even needed.

Although.. Having a wagon carried by a horse could be very handy and cool, as anyone who ever played Daggerfall can tell you..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Boats sure do need some work in MC, they are far too awkward to use.

But the only thing I can see fitting well in current vMC/BtW is pigs to traverse less dangerous terrain. Their speed being better in flat areas than ragged terrain would give you an additional reason to build roads and paths instead of just for aesthetics.

But other than that, unless the tech creep in BtW gets very far, I don't see any vehicles fitting in or even needed.

Although.. Having a wagon carried by a pig could be very handy and cool, as anyone can tell you..
Fixed it for you.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
The-Markman

Post by The-Markman »

Apple + fishing rod.

Guide the pigs where you wanna go... Or possession like Stormweaver said.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Stormweaver wrote:
MoRmEnGiL wrote:
Although.. Having a wagon carried by a pig could be very handy and cool, as anyone can tell you..
Fixed it for you.
Haha, I could live with that :P Although given our sizes, it is more likely that I will be pulling the wagon and the pig riding it :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Looks like the general consensus is that vehicles should not be in BTW. That answers the question I was looking to have answer i must say I'm disappointed in the overwhelming NO vote. But the people have spoken .

Please free free to direct people here if there mention vehicles / car / boat / hot air balloon / drivable pig lol ..ect .

Hopefully this data will help FC .