Combining mods - Tech Progression and Gameplay

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
dariys

Re: Combining mods - Tech Progression and Gameplay

Post by dariys »

I was looking at that, and it looks like the dark matter (orbs) are still made with dark matter blocks - so by adding iridium plates in the recipe for dark matter blocks, you can still make the need to have a high end IC setup going required.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

dariys wrote:I was looking at that, and it looks like the dark matter (orbs) are still made with dark matter blocks - so by adding iridium plates in the recipe for dark matter blocks, you can still make the need to have a high end IC setup going required.
But I believe you can now get dark matter blocks through one of the machines, effectively from a single cobble and a huge amount of redstone/glowstone/coal
pi4t

Post by pi4t »

Mason11987 wrote:
dariys wrote:I was looking at that, and it looks like the dark matter (orbs) are still made with dark matter blocks - so by adding iridium plates in the recipe for dark matter blocks, you can still make the need to have a high end IC setup going required.
But I believe you can now get dark matter blocks through one of the machines, effectively from a single cobble and a huge amount of redstone/glowstone/coal
Exactly, and you can also get the machines earlier on for easy 'transmutation'. For example, it doesn't take too long to turn 1 cobble into 1 iron. Fine for EE, where iron's nearly worthless. Less than fine for IC2, where iron's the most important material. I suggest needing UU matter / iridium to craft the EE machines.

EDIT: These are the recipes for the new machines:

Condenser (improves materials by using various fuels, actually makes the DM)

Simple enough, I guess, just add an iridium in the empty space?

Condenser (less significant, but still OP, makes fuels into other fuels slowly for free)

I'd suggest replacing the glowstone with UU-matter, as it serves a similar purpose (to get material out of pure energy).