New Release! (BTW V2.96)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V2.96)

Post by FlowerChild »

TheGuy wrote:Carbon Powder and Siding seem to be renamed to the names from the changelog, but Steel is still called steel.
Also is the recipe for Polished Lapis supposed to be Stoked(changelog) or Un-Stoked (actual game)?
Must have missed the Steel rename. Drat :)

Unstoked on the Lapis. The changelog doesn't say otherwise man, just that it needs to be heated (which it does).
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

Ah, I mistook heated for stoked then.
screally

Post by screally »

Looking forward to playing this weekend, thanks for the update :D

But I can't believe you caved to pressure to conform with other mods o.O Joking
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

screally wrote:Looking forward to playing this weekend, thanks for the update :D

Lol! No, no pressure, and no conformity. I just don't like unduly confusing my players when they wind up with two items called the same thing in their game :)

As an aside, can we all stop it with the small-font text please? It's super-annoying.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

You dont have very much wiggle room before you are forced to give us 3.0;) hehe. As always thanks for the update FC:-)
Lighthouse

Post by Lighthouse »

FlowerChild wrote:
screally wrote:Looking forward to playing this weekend, thanks for the update :D

Lol! No, no pressure, and no conformity. I just don't like unduly confusing my players when they wind up with two items called the same thing in their game :)

As an aside, can we all stop it with the small-font text please? It's super-annoying.
I don't see anyone intentionally using small-font.... Flower did you check your browser setting?
Urian

Post by Urian »

Lighthouse wrote:I don't see anyone intentionally using small-font.... Flower did you check your browser setting?
Check the end of screally's post.

In other news: Yay for a new update! :D I guess this means starting a new world is recommended now since clay is now used for several very useful purposes that are needed in larger numbers (planters for melon/pumpkin farm and BDs).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Alexia

Post by Alexia »

hehe - maybe we could get a new mob....a ghost (not ghast) that has a random chance of escaping from the urns ;P
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

FC you devious person... I go to bed content to complete a nice chunk of my BTW work and next thing I know you've got a new version of the mod out.

Btw does the dung still work because i have some wolves...
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Already ? Damn, looks like you're back to business like before :)
As usual, thanks bro' :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Awesome update. Thanks!
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed Block Dispenser recipe to require a Soul Urn in the centre.
Just yesterday I was thinking "I wonder what item Flower will end up using for the BD recipe."
Thanks for providing the answer! :D
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Alright! New update, and one step closer to the next Age! Great work Flower, can't wait to fire it up!
FlowerChild wrote: I'm still scratching my head with the compound bow at the moment.
The compound bow is a really great item, but ask yourself; Is this item really necessary? Or rather, is it crucial that it have the same draw-back mechanics as the normal bow? Drawing the arrow deals more damage, but in all honesty it takes up crucial time that could be spent keeping creepers at bay.

In my opinion, the compound bow is a little superfluous with the new bow mechanics. Not that it isn't a useful item, but I don't think it's worth quite the effort to keep updated if it's not essential to the tech tree.

(It'd still be worth having with the current mechanics too: Long range, faster firing. Can't deny the merits of being lazy =])
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FlowerChild wrote:
Runesmith wrote:Wow, with being able to horrendously abuse virtual wolves AND selfishly exploit the souls of the damned, BTW has some pretty sadistic understones... and I like it.
Hehe...it actually had that from the very start, its just lost some of its prominence as the mod had more and more features added to it.

Along with the screaming cement, one of the first features in the mod, which I guess a lot of you guys weren't around for were booster rails based on soul sand, where the redstone current would encourage the souls to give your cart a boost.

So yeah, tormenting souls has always been part of BTW. I guess I'm just returning to my roots ;)

ah...memories...

Those screams are awesome XD auhahauahuhau

Are those sounds original from MC?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

jorgebonafe wrote:Those screams are awesome XD auhahauahuhau

I haven't had the pleasure of using BTW back when the soul boosters were in, and I haven't watched the video, but I'd imagine they're from the ghast.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
PuppetRebel

Post by PuppetRebel »

FlowerChild wrote:

I really like it. Besides limiting confusion the new names give the mod a little more character. Makes it more unique and awesome.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Katalliaan wrote:

I haven't had the pleasure of using BTW back when the soul boosters were in, and I haven't watched the video, but I'd imagine they're from the ghast.
Why were they removed? Just curious
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

jorgebonafe wrote:
Katalliaan wrote:

Why were they removed? Just curious
Because Mojang implemented something that did the exact same thing. No sense having a mod add a block that's functionally identical to something in vMC.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

-Added *temporary* tanning recipes using wood (logs) instead of dung to simulate the creation of tannin out of bark. The darker the wood, the less is required. This is a temporary measure since wolf-spawning seems to be so infrequent to non-existant in 1.8, which I'll leave in place until that gets fixed/changed. If it remains this way, I'll come up with a more permanent solution.
Really like this, since I live in a region that uses Pine trees for this very purpose...

However, in bug testing I have found that the Cauldron does NOT respond to meta-data wood (neither pine nor birch work). Thus, only 'common' wood responses to this function...

Also happy you fixed Nethercoal, considering I had to induce a couple of my own fixes to get that straighten out originally, lol...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MagusUnion wrote: Really like this, since I live in a region that uses Pine trees for this very purpose...

However, in bug testing I have found that the Cauldron does NOT respond to meta-data wood (neither pine nor birch work). Thus, only 'common' wood responses to this function...

Also happy you fixed Nethercoal, considering I had to induce a couple of my own fixes to get that straighten out originally, lol...
Yeah, there were a number of small bugs like that, that resulted from the switch to 1.8 that were very easy to fix once I knew about them :)

As for the meta-data on the wood...that's very strange as it worked fine when I tested it. It requires 16 pine, 32 normal wood, or 64 birch (the bark of darker woods generally contains more tannin). I'll give it another test right now, but are you sure you don't have a mod in place that might be modifying the meta-data?

EDIT: Just checked it, and yeah, it works fine other than that I had normal wood set to 16 units instead of 32 as I had intended. I fixed that, but otherwise, it should be working properly.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Nvm... It works fine... shitty bug test is shitty... >.<

Was afraid that it really was the case because IC^2 is having problems refining Redpower ore's, and was fearful of a similar situation...

Also funny that you added in string/fiber to the Filament recipe, since I did the same on my end as well... lol
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Me showing what's new in the last release :)
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

I am thinking it's probably not your intention, but I've been finding hemp fibres off of spiders o.0
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

Here's an idea for the composite bow issue. Composite Crossbow. Crossbows can only shoot at maximum draw so just add a delay for balancing issues between shots. Maybe that would be an easier fix then changing all of the base classes :\
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

How did I know that, by spending last night getting stoned, I'd miss the opportunity to play BTW before another update? :P I kid, really, great work, man. Looks like you want to incorporate pottery as a vital part of the game's tech-tree. Any other uses for clay that we can expect? I may have to hop into a boat and harvest a few more stacks today.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere