TechPack Energy 0.2 - BTW/BC addon

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Gilberreke

Re: TechPack Energy 0.1 - BTW/BC addon

Post by Gilberreke »

Yeah, apparently a mediafire derp. Use this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4r7e2u2qagzip7d
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
MathWizz

Post by MathWizz »

Hey! I just created a method you can use to remove recipe from the CraftingManager class! You may need to call it one tick after all other mods are initialized for it to work properly. It only compares the output of all the recipes to the item id and the item damage but not the quantity. This was just made for prof of concept and you may use it and/or distribute it in any way you want without crediting me.
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

public void removeRecipe(ItemStack itemStack)
{
	List recipeList = CraftingManager.getInstance().getRecipeList();
	List remove = new ArrayList();
	for (Object obj : recipeList)
	{
		IRecipe recipe = (IRecipe) obj;
		if (itemStack.itemID == recipe.getRecipeOutput().itemID && itemStack.getItemDamage() == recipe.getRecipeOutput().getItemDamage())
			remove.add(obj);
	}

for (Object obj : remove)
		recipeList.remove(obj);
}
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Haha, I wrote the exact same thing yesterday (well not exact, but it does the same). Great minds think alike? As mentioned before, it'll take a while before I tackle balance though.

I decided to make the redstone engine tweak a separate engine for various reasons.

Here's the roadmap for the energy release:
- Mechanical engine for BC (stable, power in between redstone and steam)
- Biofuel refinery (refines wheat and hemp into fuel, can drain and fill up IC² biofuel cans)
- Converter (converts from/into BC power, IC² power, RP2 blutricity)
- Electric engine (takes power from a converter, outputs mechanical)
- Turbine (takes mechanical energy, outputs power to converter)
- Diamond tipped saw (BTW saw that cuts RP microblocks)
- Universal wrench (combination of IC²/BC wrench, RP screwdriver and allows rotation of BTW blocks)
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

- Universal wrench (combination of IC²/BC wrench, RP screwdriver and allows rotation of BTW blocks)

Multitool would sound better.
Alexia

Post by Alexia »

I do like the idea of oil and refineries, at the moment though, oil is too tough to find and in very limited quantities.
Another automated way to make oil, through say growing BTW hemp or similar that could be converted into oil or bio-fuel,
would be neat indeed.....water wheel > Auto Hemp Farm > Hopper > *bio machine?* > Pipes > Refinery > Oil/Fuel. :D
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Alexia wrote:I do like the idea of oil and refineries, at the moment though, oil is too tough to find and in very limited quantities.
Another automated way to make oil, through say growing BTW hemp or similar that could be converted into oil or bio-fuel,
would be neat indeed.....water wheel > Auto Hemp Farm > Hopper > *bio machine?* > Pipes > Refinery > Oil/Fuel. :D
I'll give out some info (already working on it btw).

Bio fuel refinery:
Water Wheel > Auto Hemp Farm > Hopper > Bio Fuel refinery > Fuel

Recipes:
Wheat/Hemp/Flax + sugar + charcoal = fuel
IC² Biofuel cans = fuel

The bio refinery is also able to fill up empty IC² cans.
harley9699

Post by harley9699 »

Excellent. Will dl as soon as it's 2.96 compatible.
Last edited by harley9699 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

harley9699 wrote:Excellent. Will dl as soon as it's 2.96 compatible. This one, and the other one you're working on. Just great.
Update is coming today or probably tommorow. It's done, just need to upload it. Mechanical engine will now be a new block. For now, it's required I do it this way.
harley9699

Post by harley9699 »

Gilberreke wrote:
harley9699 wrote:Excellent. Will dl as soon as it's 2.96 compatible. This one, and the other one you're working on. Just great.
Update is coming today or probably tommorow. It's done, just need to upload it. Mechanical engine will now be a new block. For now, it's required I do it this way.
Great! Can't wait. Too cool.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Alright, finally releasing 0.2.

Updated to BTW 2.96. Mechanical Engine is now a separate block with ID 199. This is still prerelease, so there's a few small bugs to be solved, nothing you will notice. Config file will come in next release.

The special thing is that this is a stable engine. Excellent for timed contraptions, this engine only has two states and no energy buildup. As a consequence, it's not very powerful.

Recipe is the same as redstone engine, but replace BC gears by BTW gearboxes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3yxikjfmlj933gd

jorgebonafe

Re: TechPack Energy 0.2 - BTW/BC addon

Post by jorgebonafe »

Cool!

Humm... Question, how much energy it outputs? It should give a little more then a redstone energy on red to be useful, imo
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Pretty damn cool! Fun, too!

Though it looks like you are trying to fill that chest with energy for later, XD
SCIENCE!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Though it looks like you are trying to fill that chest with energy for later, XD
Lol! Only if the transparent end of the pipe was on the chest XD
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

jorgebonafe wrote:Cool!

Humm... Question, how much energy it outputs? It should give a little more then a redstone energy on red to be useful, imo
Well, the mechanics are pretty interesting. It always produces stable energy (this is not a piston engine, but a rotation powered device, the next update will reflect that), the same level as a red redstone engine. The advantage is that you can use these in places where you need stable power (timer-based stuff). The disadvantage is obviously that you need to connect an axle, so you can't chain them or use them in really tight spaces.

In terms of numbers, when on, it always produces 0.8 piston speed (same as red RS engine) and it never explodes.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

just confirming that this is indeed for BC 2.2.0 not 2.2.1, correct?
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

walker_boh_65 wrote:just confirming that this is indeed for BC 2.2.0 not 2.2.1, correct?
2.2.0, didn't even know there was a 2.2.1. That being said, this mod will probably keep working for any version of BTW or BuildCraft, unless there are major changes.

I looked at the update log and chances are 99% that this still works for 2.2.1. Will confirm later. I can also say that this will always work with any future version of BTW, since it only uses a few classes that haven't been changed since BTW's first release or so.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Gilberreke wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote:Cool!

Well, the mechanics are pretty interesting. It always produces stable energy (this is not a piston engine, but a rotation powered device, the next update will reflect that), the same level as a red redstone engine. The advantage is that you can use these in places where you need stable power (timer-based stuff). The disadvantage is obviously that you need to connect an axle, so you can't chain them or use them in really tight spaces.

In terms of numbers, when on, it always produces 0.8 piston speed (same as red RS engine) and it never explodes.
I imagine you can still total their output using energy pipes even if you can't stack them in a chain.

So they remove the warm up time redstone engines have, but are otherwise equivalent?

Also if you contact SpaceToad, he may feature your mod in his list of BuildCraft mods.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

gftweek wrote:I imagine you can still total their output using energy pipes even if you can't stack them in a chain.
Yep, you can do that.
gftweek wrote:So they remove the warm up time redstone engines have, but are otherwise equivalent?
Yes, balanced out by the fact you need to run axles to them.
gftweek wrote:Also if you contact SpaceToad, he may feature your mod in his list of BuildCraft mods.
Will do for v1.0
Simone

Post by Simone »

Ive downloaded the 0.2 mod version several times and i get corrupt archive every time.
Is this just me? (im using winrar, if that matters)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Simone wrote:Ive downloaded the 0.2 mod version several times and i get corrupt archive every time.
You don't need to open the archive, just drop it in the /mods/ folder. That being said, try opening it with the standard Windows archive tool, that one does it just fine and is included with all Windows versions.

I downloaded the archive and I can confirm it's not corrupted.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Any chance you could read the Gear Box and the Wood texture from the btwterrain01.png man?
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Battosay wrote:Any chance you could read the Gear Box and the Wood texture from the btwterrain01.png man?
Sure, valid suggestion. I'll try to get that into v0.3, together with the updated crafting recipe and a confirmation of 2.2.1 compatibility. Should be released later tonight.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Cool, I was waiting on the 2.2.1 compatibility to intall and test your baby :)
I love the idea :)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Agreed. This is what is making me install Buildcraft when I get home tonight. My server - she will have to wait.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Simone

Post by Simone »

Gilberreke wrote:
Simone wrote:Ive downloaded the 0.2 mod version several times and i get corrupt archive every time.
You don't need to open the archive, just drop it in the /mods/ folder. That being said, try opening it with the standard Windows archive tool, that one does it just fine and is included with all Windows versions.

I downloaded the archive and I can confirm it's not corrupted.
Silly me.
I got it into my head that you had to put it in to your minecraft.jar :D

Thanks