Dynamo v1.36 - BTW/IC² Addon

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
jorgebonafe

Re: Dynamo v1.1 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by jorgebonafe »

damn... I have to fix that somehow..... Until then, add these lines:

Code: Select all

general {
}
block {
   blockDynamo=185
}
item {
}
And just replace the number
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

jorgebonafe wrote:damn... I have to fix that somehow..... Until then, add these lines:

general {
}
block {
   blockDynamo=185
}
item {
}
Wouldn't it be better to create a config.txt for said Add-on?
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Xecaquan

Post by Xecaquan »

Ok got it working will test it now. However, I did notice it is producing 4eu least by the eu-reader.
Simone

Post by Simone »

MagusUnion wrote:
jorgebonafe wrote:damn... I have to fix that somehow..... Until then, add these lines:

general {
}
block {
   blockDynamo=185
}
item {
}
Wouldn't it be better to create a config.txt for said Add-on?
Hence the line: "damn... I have to fix that somehow..... Until then, add these lines:"

Be patient : )
jorgebonafe

Re: Dynamo v1.2 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by jorgebonafe »

Fixed some issues.
Config file is now inside the rar file. Check readme.txt for more info.
Fixed problem where dynamo wasn't sending power when word reloaded.
Changed output to 2EU.
Alexia

Post by Alexia »

I'd actually like to know if there is any alternative to powering devices in BC such as quarries and refineries using IC2 or BTW items, instead of the extremely inefficient and bugged engines BC uses for power?
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Alexia wrote:I'd actually like to know if there is any alternative to powering devices in BC such as quarries and refineries using IC2 or BTW items, instead of the extremely inefficient and bugged engines BC uses for power?
If you don't install the BC energy mod, all BC machines are powered by redstone (either alternating or static depending on a config setting), otherwise you can install Gilberreke's Techpack Energy which allows you to use BTW mechanical power to improve BC redstone engines.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

gftweek wrote:If you don't install the BC energy mod, all BC machines are powered by redstone (either alternating or static depending on a config setting), otherwise you can install Gilberreke's Techpack Energy which allows you to use BTW mechanical power to improve BC redstone engines.
Yeah, and in my next release, that will instead be a completely new engine that provides stable energy, that never explodes, at the cost of having to run mechanical power to it.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Gilberreke wrote: Yeah, and in my next release, that will instead be a completely new engine that provides stable energy, that never explodes, at the cost of having to run mechanical power to it.
Well sign me up for that :-)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
Gilberreke wrote: Yeah, and in my next release, that will instead be a completely new engine that provides stable energy, that never explodes, at the cost of having to run mechanical power to it.
Well sign me up for that :-)
The code is done, but I can't release it until a new Forge version comes out, waiting for a certain feature.

That said, let's not derail this awesome thread, you can post ideas on the mechanical engine in mine
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Alexia

Post by Alexia »

gftweek wrote:If you don't install the BC energy mod, all BC machines are powered by redstone (either alternating or static depending on a config setting), otherwise you can install Gilberreke's Techpack Energy which allows you to use BTW mechanical power to improve BC redstone engines.
I removed the energy pack for now, oil was too tough to find anyway...still feels like cheating a bit though. ;)
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Alexia wrote:
I removed the energy pack for now, oil was too tough to find anyway...still feels like cheating a bit though. ;)
Try the seed BTW, there is a desert near where you spawn with a village in it and an oil pond every 5 steps, I think they are all small ones though.

I did have crashes after I installed this mod, unfortunately didn't get much in the way of useful error messages (at least I didn't remember to capture them), I'll try the latest version.
harley9699

Post by harley9699 »

Wow. Just accidentally ran across this. Incredible is all I can say. When you get all the kinks with this worked out, you're a god among modders. Why the excitement? I currently run BC 2.2.0, IC2, and the latest BTW 2.96. (1.8.1 obviously). When it's ready, you can personally email me :)
Was just messing with this last night! Of course, I can't code, so I was trying to force feed a BC engine to power IC2 machines, in game. :) Have tried in the past to, somehow, make BC and BTW work together (as in enhance each others' machines)---to no avail. Yeah, know all the AC-DC stuff, but still it was worth a shot (or 23) :)
Keep up the great work and I'll be checking here frequently!
Thanks for all of the hard work.
elustran

Re: Dynamo - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by elustran »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, it depends on what you're distributing. If it's modified class files from this mod, then no. If you're doing it without modifying anything from this mod (which is hopefully the case), then that's totally cool :)
I'm curious - if current major Minecraft mods modify the class files for Minecraft, why is it a problem to modify the class files for a mod to Minecraft?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

elustran wrote: I'm curious - if current major Minecraft mods modify the class files for Minecraft, why is it a problem to modify the class files for a mod to Minecraft?
The same reason it's all right to have sex with someone who is a willing participant, and not with someone who isn't. It's not the sex itself that is wrong, it's the circumstances under which it occurs that can make it so.
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

FlowerChild wrote:
elustran wrote: I'm curious - if current major Minecraft mods modify the class files for Minecraft, why is it a problem to modify the class files for a mod to Minecraft?
The same reason it's all right to have sex with someone who is a willing participant, and not with someone who isn't. It's not the sex itself that is wrong, it's the circumstances under which it occurs that can make it so.
I was laughing for about 15mins before i understood the comparison.
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
elustran

Post by elustran »

FlowerChild wrote:The same reason it's all right to have sex with someone who is a willing participant, and not with someone who isn't. It's not the sex itself that is wrong, it's the circumstances under which it occurs that can make it so.
I understand you're fully within your rights to protect your IP and dictate what can and cannot be done with it, but it still isn't clear to me why you're not willing to extend the same courtesy to your modders that Mojang has extended to you. I'd hate for someone to have an awesome mod idea, but be unable to execute it because it relies on changing a couple class BTW class files.

I'm mostly wondering if you'd consider changing your mind on this particular issue and give people permission to change class files since it doesn't involve redistributing your mod, only pieces that are individually non-functional. If not, it's no big deal, and I won't waste your time by pressing the issue further. I'm mostly just curious.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

elustran wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:The same reason it's all right to have sex with someone who is a willing participant, and not with someone who isn't. It's not the sex itself that is wrong, it's the circumstances under which it occurs that can make it so.
I understand you're fully within your rights to protect your IP and dictate what can and cannot be done with it, but it still isn't clear to me why you're not willing to extend the same courtesy to your modders that Mojang has extended to you. I'd hate for someone to have an awesome mod idea, but be unable to execute it because it relies on changing a couple class BTW class files.

I'm mostly wondering if you'd consider changing your mind on this particular issue and give people permission to change class files since it doesn't involve redistributing your mod, only pieces that are individually non-functional. If not, it's no big deal, and I won't waste your time by pressing the issue further. I'm mostly just curious.
FChild has said that when he gets around to it, he will make a BTW API for modders to mod his mod with (Similar to the BC one i would assume), so that should fix most problems with having to edit BTW class files for a new mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

walker_boh_65 wrote:FChild has said that when he gets around to it, he will make a BTW API for modders to mod his mod with (Similar to the BC one i would assume), so that should fix most problems with having to edit BTW class files for a new mod.
Yup, that's the idea, and if you require additional functionality to be added to the API, you can just let me know.

I understand where you're coming from with the redistributing portions of the mod or what have you, but it puts me on a bit of a slippery-slope with regards to mod-packs, compatibility patches, and the like. It's not that I object to the core idea, it's more that I see it as weakening my position overall if I start making these kinds of compromises.

At present, the rule is "do not redistribute any part of the mod".

Also, understand that Mojang definitely has financial incentives for allowing modding to take place, so I don't really view it as just a matter of "courtesy". I on the other hand, do not, and mainly just want to keep the support-headaches associated with making this mod minimized.

At the same time though, I AM working on an API for the mod, so it's not like I just don't care about this stuff. I think it's pretty damn cool to see mods coming out for BTW, I just want to make sure that they get done the "right" way, and will try to give people the tools they need to do so.

Now, if we can end this IP discussion immediately, I would be much obliged. I do not want to derail this thread, and hopefully the above explanation will suffice.
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

Just wanted to post a screenshot of the mod in action. I think its a great addition when you play both BTW and IC2 :)
Newly generated world, works great.
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/101184110059.png
Connected is a Macerator and an Electric Furnace
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

kaspermwh wrote:Just wanted to post a screenshot of the mod in action. I think its a great addition when you play both BTW and IC2 :)
Newly generated world, works great.
http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/101184110059.png
Connected is a Macerator and an Electric Furnace
Nice ^^ When I thought about making a mod I wondered if anyone would even use it... Feels good to see that, thanks :)

Also, updated to BTW 2.96

ps. I like how you "hanged" it from the ceiling XD It always bothers me to see stuff floating around.
harley9699

Post by harley9699 »

Nice ^^ When I thought about making a mod I wondered if anyone would even use it... Feels good to see that, thanks :)

Also, updated to BTW 2.96

ps. I like how you "hanged" it from the ceiling XD It always bothers me to see stuff floating around.[/quote]

So, is it still v1.2 even though it's updated to BTW 2.96?
Thanks. Can't WAIT to try it.

Nevermind. NOW I see the page is updated. Thanks.
SmithOfDreams

Re: Dynamo v1.21 - BTW/IC² Addon

Post by SmithOfDreams »

While your working BTW axle power to IC2, can you make a block to change axle power to BC 'pressure'?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

SmithOfDreams wrote:While your working BTW axle power to IC2, can you make a block to change axle power to BC 'pressure'?
Uhh.. what? you mean to transmit power to BC engines? If so, I'm not planning on making that.
SmithOfDreams

Post by SmithOfDreams »

jorgebonafe wrote:
SmithOfDreams wrote:While your working BTW axle power to IC2, can you make a block to change axle power to BC 'pressure'?
Uhh.. what? you mean to transmit power to BC engines? If so, I'm not planning on making that.
Not the engines, I guess I'm thinking more of allowing an axle provide power/pressure as if it was an engine.
Alternativly will the block that you have made turn the electrical power back into axle rotation?