Technic Mod Pack

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Shengji

Re: Technic Mod Pack

Post by Shengji »

As the only member of BTW who became active in this community before the first yogs invasion AND having admitted to being a member of the SA forums, I'm going to remove myself from this community for a wee while. Damion Rayne may only be one voice spouting obscenities and vileness directed at me, but I really don't want to have to put up with it. I haven't got the thick skin of FC and I don't want to learn to have one either.

I have always tried to be a respectable member, and have always attempted to make my input as valuable as possible. I have never wanted or expected anything in return, it has always been about thanking FC for his amazing and hard work. I will check back merely to see if the donations are up as I would like to give FC a decent donation as thanks, but I will not be posting again, probably not for a long time, no matter how valuable I feel I can be to FC and/or the community. I just don't want to expose myself to this rubbish.

Maybe this is an over-reaction, especially as nothing actually has been directed at me personally yet, but as I said, I am not thick skinned at all and it's only a matter of time before Damion Rayne blasts me with both barrels - just his comments earlier made me feel like crap and I really want the community to settle down before I come back.

PS -I'd like to point out that I may be a member over as SA, but I have not logged on since all of this blew up, I never, ever patronised the minecraft area of their board and I feel just as sick about logging on at those forums too, so I will not be active over there for probably the same amount of time.
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Alexia

Post by Alexia »

Could we just put this to bed for now?

This slanging match, tit for tat, gets us nowhere, and only serves to remove us from what this forum is about, and that's FC's hard work on our favorite mod and the community that supports it :)
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

It will stop when FC is done with it.

Shengji: I will continue to think nothing more then all members of SA are garbage, until they prove me wrong. When a member of SA threatens to kill someone in a video game and responses from people about this are met with the typical SA "Cry some more" responses. When someone from SA makes fun of someone for their parents dying, when they stalk people in real life, when they try and place lawsuits against game companies for no reason, when they hack, lie, cheat, steal and generally show me nothing but the simple truth...

Something Awful is the scum and villainy of the internet.

I have no reason to trust any of them, no reason to believe any of the "We're not as bad as you make as out to be" responses and I will continue to hate them with every fiber of my being until SA as a "community" ceases to exist.

Show me I can believe anything else, show me...

PS: One of my Real Life friends was an SA member, still is. We no longer speak to one another, at all.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

This is getting ridiculous.
Please let me lock this ?
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Batto,

With all due respect, I'm allowed to state how I feel about SA and why. That last post will be the last time I bring it up. On the discussion of the mod pack it self, outside the SA guys..

I'm doing a lot of those mods myself, and I modded my .jar by myself. The simple truth is that this mod pack is illegal and none of the modders gave permission for it to exist. Now the Yogscast have taken this and ran with it as well, and anyone defending FC's stance outside these forums is chastised and belittled as well. Sure the Forge is awesome, all these mods are awesome, but they should have asked before doing this. That's the simple truth of it Batto, they had no right to create this mod pack. Not and distrubte it to people and steal money from those modders that are using ad.fly to make a little extra cash.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Damion Rayne wrote:I'm doing a lot of those mods myself, and I modded my .jar by myself. The simple truth is that this mod pack is illegal and none of the modders gave permission for it to exist. Now the Yogscast have taken this and ran with it as well, and anyone defending FC's stance outside these forums is chastised and belittled as well. Sure the Forge is awesome, all these mods are awesome, but they should have asked before doing this. That's the simple truth of it Batto, they had no right to create this mod pack. Not and distrubte it to people and steal money from those modders that are using ad.fly to make a little extra cash.
Yeah, I agree with that part. But I don't see the point in talking about it all over again. Everything as been said.

However, no offense but I really don't care about your opinion on the SA forums.
On these forums, I only "know" the thread in which the modpack was posted. In it, I read posts from ~20-30 people. 99% of them were pretentious douchebag, yeah.
Besides that, I don't know anyone else on these forums, and I really don't care about them. I don't care about what people think of these forums. And it's completely off topic here.
And even about these ~20 fucktards, I don't want to talk about them anymore. It's giving them too much value. Talking about them is wasting my time. And making them too much honor.
I just want to get over this stupid drama, once and for all.
Can we go back to talking about anything else. Tell me about your last vacations, your grandma's garden, your sex life, whatever. Anything else.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Battosay wrote:...
This is getting ridiculous.
Please let me lock this ?
Yeah, I feel like the topic has run its course, and is only hurting things now
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Battosay wrote:-snip-
Ok Batto, deal. I'm uploading a video now to my youtube chan that I'll post about how I got all the mods I use working. I'll also be uploading my first LP vid today, :)
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fair enough. I think at this point the conversation here has devolved into "it's illegal"..."no it's not" with the SA forums deciding to silence anyone who states a contradictory point. I felt the need to do the same in response, but beyond that, yeah, I think there's really nothing more to be said between the two groups.

Thread locked.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Just posting this quote, to end the debate once and for all.
PalmTreeFun posted:
Also, is there some way we can remove BTW from the Technic pack?
KakerFucktard posted:
Unless someone can convince me otherwise it's getting taken out. I'm working on a version 3 that will probably be the last one for 1.7.3. I don't know what sort of problems this is going to cause trying to load up a previously BTW world without it installed though.
See. Didn't had to do anything.

Debate close.