Illegal modpack with BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DaveYanakov

Re: Illegal modpack with BTW

Post by DaveYanakov »

Where did this silly idea that 'mod authors have no right to be modding the game' come from when Notch himself is encouraging the activity?

If I had just one wish it would be for an international law allowing anyone to slap a child once (open palm, no backswing) if they mouth off to them without reason. Might cut back on this sort of thing.
Better is the enemy of Good
Xetian

Post by Xetian »

*Partially on topic* I find it funny that this goon thread keeps hating on BTW for what other mods do "better," when they're playing something meant to be a solo addition. Adding in other mods with similar but easier to acquire functions defeats the purpose, I mean, makes it a shitty mod. ;)
FlowerChild wrote: Lol! Dude, I don't think any of our lives would look too good if a random 9-second clip were grabbed as an illustration ;)
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

DaveYanakov wrote: If I had just one wish it would be for an international law....

Mine would be for real names, addresses and actual pictures of yourself for an avatar only on forums!
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Shengji wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote: If I had just one wish it would be for an international law....

Mine would be for real names, addresses and actual pictures of yourself for an avatar only on forums!

So..what? You can make crank phone calls and order pizzas in their name? Or are you perhaps suggesting you would encourage real, honest violence on someone just for being a cunt on a forum?
SCIENCE!
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Neither, I'm suggesting that if people couldn't hide behind the mask of anonymity, they might take the effort to be decent to each other - You know, like we all are with people we actually meet in real life.

But kudos for you if you actually hit people who insult you or crank call pizza's for them, it takes a particular sociopath to actually do those things.
Last edited by Shengji on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Xetian wrote:*Partially on topic* I find it funny that this goon thread keeps hating on BTW for what other mods do "better," when they're playing something meant to be a solo addition. Adding in other mods with similar but easier to acquire functions defeats the purpose, I mean, makes it a shitty mod. ;)
I'd like to second this opinion, especially after their more recent posts.

I mean, really? A mod that wasn't intended to be used in a mod pack sucks because other mods in the mod pack do everything better? Who knew!

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Xetian

Post by Xetian »

Magmarashi wrote:
Shengji wrote:

So..what? You can make crank phone calls and order pizzas in their name? Or are you perhaps suggesting you would encourage real, honest violence on someone just for being a cunt on a forum?
Actually just that.
FlowerChild wrote: Lol! Dude, I don't think any of our lives would look too good if a random 9-second clip were grabbed as an illustration ;)
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

In my perspective easier isnt always better... In minecraft easier could also mean bored much much faster too..
Magmarashi

Post by Magmarashi »

Shengji wrote:Neither, I'm suggesting that if people couldn't hide behind the mask of anonymity, they might take the effort to be decent to each other - You know, like we all are with people we actually meet in real life.

But kudos for you if you actually hit people who insult you or crank call pizza's for them, it takes a particular sociopath to actually do those things.

They won't. You knowing who I am has aboslutly no effect on me what-so-ever unless you are IN my life and rammifications for my actions actually can carry into the real world.

If you're all the way in another part of the world, another state, hell even another town...who gives a rats ass?

And if you do advocate violence as a punishment ofr acting like a knob on a forum you are a sick fuck, get some help because it's the internet, for Christ's sake, get a real life.
Last edited by Magmarashi on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCIENCE!
Urian

Post by Urian »

There are actually discussions about implementing a new law in some Scandinavian countries (at least Norway and Finland) that would make it obligatory to post under your real name when e.g. commenting on news sites. It will most likely not lead anywhere (it would be almost impossible to enforce, some politicians have suggested having things like facebook being used for log ins everywhere but nothing stops you from faking that account) but gained some spotlight in the news after the attack in Oslo.

Edit: as for possible ramifications of using real names on things like forums. Not violence of course but in situations were it is something illegal (which is actually quite a lot if you take a look at what counts as illegal threats) it could it could help. If nothing else, people are less likely to whine, bitch and behave like idiots if they're doing it under their own name.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Magmarashi wrote:
Shengji wrote:Neither, I'm suggesting that if people couldn't hide behind the mask of anonymity, they might take the effort to be decent to each other - You know, like we all are with people we actually meet in real life.

They won't. You knowing who I am has aboslutly no effect on me what-so-ever unless you are IN my life and rammifications for my actions actually can carry into the real world.

If you're all the way in another part of the world, another state, hell even another town...who gives a rats ass?

And if you do advocate violence as a punishment ofr acting like a knob on a forum you are a sick fuck, get some help.
Put it this way, If I upset you, as I clearly have, and you came round to my house and punched me, I would have you arrested so fast, your head would spin. Now pull your neck in and take my light hearted comment in the manner it was meant, and stop swearing at me.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Yeah, enough of this shit already.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

EDIT: On second thought, creating a new topic for this.