Illegal modpack with BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RHCPepperfan

Re: Illegal modpack with BTW

Post by RHCPepperfan »

FlowerChild wrote:
RHCPepperfan wrote:What first time?
When they unleashed their horde on me when they spotlighted the mod and kept laughingly saying "well, we'll have to convince him to allow us to include this mod in Yogsbox" or some such rubbish.

I eventually accepted that they hadn't *intended* to have me spammed and trolled to death as a pressure tactic, but given this new debacle, they can seriously go fuck themselves.
To be honest I don't think they can be held responsible for that kind of stuff. I think I would be quite happy if my mod would be a spotlight on the most viewed minecraft video making channel. The sentence you described is nothing more then a question. That the community reacts to this that way is a whole other story. I don't think there is any community more immature then the MC one. Like I said earlier, break contact with the community and let a select few deal with that since it is clearly breaking your will to make this mod any longer.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

BinoAl wrote:
MagusUnion wrote: When Flower ported to Forge in the first place and had to remove his mod from the YogBox due to it not being compatible with it any longer...
When was btw ever in the modpack? I think your mistaken, he said no to including it in the modpack
Oh... well idk then...

But meh... I wish there was a way to talk to the entire forge team in one place about this... :-/

Edit: ffs ppl... I'm human too... >.>
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

MagusUnion wrote:The fan base is the real problem... because of their needy attitudes they aren't going to care about the modders at all... And from this it's going to make modding less and less worth it for people who do spend quite a bit of time with it.

The only thing I can think of that could possibly work would be to do a complete download black-out of ALL Forge content, but even then I would bet it would merely be circumvented somehow...

... I guess this is why we can't have nice things anymore...
Miner7747 wrote:
what about all of the modders refraining from updating anything to the newest version of minecraft for a month?
with the new stream of updates, that would make those kinds of people go MAD.
That won't work... Forge is more successful than base minecraft right now... people will merely do what I've been doing and ignore all updates, regardless of Flowerchild's or Notch's efforts...
You're forgetting one thing here.

The standard yogstard worships notch as a god they will play vMC and forget about mods if he releases an update.

Or we could have a bit of fun and release our own modpack. Complete with a few additions to reformat peoples computers.

That's a joke by the way.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

KWilt wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:Should someone post something on the yogcast forums perhaps?
Good luck with that. I foresee Orwellian censorship over there again. I like the Yogscast quite a lot, they're cheery fellows. But they sure as hell run a totalitarian state there.
I'm tempted to set my signature to the slogans from 1984 and post a very detailed explanation of the problems with the pack.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

If you guys want to go after Yogscast, feel free. I just emailed them myself to try and express how hurtful this all was, but given that the only address I have seems to be a public one, I doubt they'll even read it.

I'm probably not going to get involved in this any more than that. The last time I dealt with these retards and their fan base it almost completely killed my desire to mod and affected me personally a great deal. I'm not putting myself through that again.

So yeah, whatever you guys decide to do, more power to you. My only further involvement in this will likely revolve around deciding whether or not to pull the plug on the mod entirely and deciding what else I can do with all the time I invest in this thing.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Brethern wrote:You're forgetting one thing here.

The standard yogstard worships notch as a god they will play vMC and forget about mods if he releases an update.

Or we could have a bit of fun and release our own modpack. Complete with a few additions to reformat peoples computers.

That's a joke by the way.
You greatly underestimate the fickle nature of children...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

FlowerChild wrote:If you guys want to go after Yogscast, feel free.
Mission accepted.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

FlowerChild wrote:If you guys want to go after Yogscast, feel free. I just emailed them myself to try and express how hurtful this all was, but given that the only address I have seems to be a public one, I doubt they'll even read it.

I'm probably not going to get involved in this any more than that. The last time I dealt with these retards and their fan base it almost completely killed my desire to mod and affected me personally a great deal. I'm not putting myself through that again.

So yeah, whatever you guys decide to do, more power to you. My only further involvement in this will likely revolve around deciding whether or not to pull the plug on the mod entirely and deciding what else I can do with all the time I invest in this thing.
I want to hear was the rest of the Mod team will say to this, but I'm planning on stopping ALL videos for Forge due to this mess... I won't give tips to those goons, or anyone else who blindly follows that swarm of genetically dysfunctional asshats...
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

FlowerChild wrote:If you guys want to go after Yogscast, feel free. I just emailed them myself to try and express how hurtful this all was, but given that the only address I have seems to be a public one, I doubt they'll even read it.

Like I said, FC, don't worry about the PR. Though, if you'd like to send an email to Lewis personally, I believe I have his email laying around here somewhere. Picked it off of a contact back during the adf.ly debacle. Your call, though. Like I said, it'd be better if you just let someone else handle the PR and you cover the base of code monkey (no offense). Granted, I know you're probably holy pissed in a manner, but I would really be disappointed if this killed Better than Wolves.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:So yeah, whatever you guys decide to do, more power to you. My only further involvement in this will likely revolve around deciding whether or not to pull the plug on the mod entirely and deciding what else I can do with all the time I invest in this thing.
Can we ask you to hold off deciding until at least their feature videos are done? Perhaps they will mention anything significant in their BTW feature of the mod, if there's going to be one
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FlowerChild wrote:So yeah, whatever you guys decide to do, more power to you. My only further involvement in this will likely revolve around deciding whether or not to pull the plug on the mod entirely and deciding what else I can do with all the time I invest in this thing.
Ive posted on there forums as mature post as one can when enraged, not like i expect any sort of mature feed back. FC i really hope this doesnt kill all hopes for modding for you, but if things get out of control im sure the community here would understand completely.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Gilberreke wrote:
Can we ask you to hold off deciding until at least their feature videos are done? Perhaps they will mention anything significant in their BTW feature of the mod, if there's going to be one
I'm pretty sure that they record all the parts of their spotlight videos at once, and just cut it up for their viewers.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Sounds like a sensible plan to me. I sincerely hope you don't pull the plug on the mod but at the end of the day it's your creation and your choice. All the best, I appreciate everything you've created here.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I think the best thing we could personally do is deflect any attention away from it on the MCforums thread. Last thing we want is an extra million pages because a couple of people start a huge arguement over it. Damage control first, revenge later.

Train tickets to Reading have gone up in price -.-
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Trying to reach them via twitter might work better than mail. It's also public though.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Gak. I feel your pain Flowerchild. But as a result, I now fear for the future of this mod. Whatever you decide to do, you have my gratitude for everything you did thus far. -Sigh- What a sad turn of event this is.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Can anyone post the respective threads on other forums dealing with this issue?
Katalliaan wrote:I'm pretty sure that they record all the parts of their spotlight videos at once, and just cut it up for their viewers.
Exactly, so if they feature BTW and don't mention anything, it's a sign of malice, seeing that they know the pack is illegal.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Er, what, Gilberreke? How is it a sign of malice, when they are unaware of the reactions to their videos between when they record it and when they upload?
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:

I want to hear was the rest of the Mod team will say to this, but I'm planning on stopping ALL videos for Forge due to this mess... I won't give tips to those goons, or anyone else who blindly follows that swarm of genetically dysfunctional asshats...
make a final video about how people are such assholes.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Urian

Post by Urian »

Oh, and Flower could possibly flag the video on YouTube as infringement on his intellectual property.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:Oh, and Flower could possibly flag the video on YouTube as infringement on his intellectual property.
That's far more complicated than you might think. I've tried it once before and it's a huge pain in the ass.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Katalliaan wrote:Er, what, Gilberreke? How is it a sign of malice, when they are unaware of the reactions to their videos between when they record it and when they upload?
They knew of the infringement prior to this video, if the whole series goes without a notice that the pack is illegal, they are willfully supporting illegal modpacks.

They know exactly how illegal this thing is, even before the videos.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

FlowerChild wrote:
Urian wrote:Oh, and Flower could possibly flag the video on YouTube as infringement on his intellectual property.
That's far more complicated than you might think. I've tried it once before and it's a huge pain in the ass.
I'd gladly try and round up a few guys I know to help. At least one of them I know of just loves to see copyright infringement lead to ban hammers.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Katalliaan wrote:Er, what, Gilberreke? How is it a sign of malice, when they are unaware of the reactions to their videos between when they record it and when they upload?
They know perfectly well what the reaction is going to be when they make a vid.

What frustrates me the most about this is that it kills any chance of ever having a FC supported modpack. I'd have loved to see a minecraft overhaul kit once minecraft is released but now it's never going to happen.