Illegal modpack with BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
MagusUnion

Re: Illegal modpack with BTW

Post by MagusUnion »

Miner7747 wrote:
MagusUnion wrote:Oh, I was wondering what kind of user would do this... ofc it would be a god-damn goon...

Let alone they allowed something like this to evolve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7KYnagZEs

I'm talking to the IC^2 team as we speak, but idk if they will take the situation that seriously...

Edit: guess I'm late, huh?

yup. i've already alerted everyone on the IC2 forums.

BTW, look at what killerbeez found in the readme included:

I did not get permission from anyone and I didn't even bother asking. The Minecraft modding community is terrible and the egos some of the modders themselves have is incredibly terrible. I simply made this pack because I love these mods and want other people to experience them as well with as little work on their part as possible.
Fucking found that first, damn bastard....

Oh well... guess that means no 1.8 Forge then, huh?
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

walker_boh_65 wrote:On the video they did have links to every mod they showed, i was unaware this was another modpack, until i doubed checked, i was more commenting on the fact the the yognuaghts will spam to no end until this is updated, but this is a major problem, perhaps FC you could get in contact with the Yogcast?
I'm certain Yogscast knows what they're doing here man. Not sure why they've decided to go to war with modders, but it seems entirely intentional.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

The only other thin is to become no better than them, but i dont think we want to do that at all
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

FlowerChild wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:On the video they did have links to every mod they showed, i was unaware this was another modpack, until i doubed checked, i was more commenting on the fact the the yognuaghts will spam to no end until this is updated, but this is a major problem, perhaps FC you could get in contact with the Yogcast?
I'm certain Yogscast knows what they're doing here man. Not sure why they've decided to go to war with modders, but it seems entirely intentional.
If you want to pull your content I'll support you and all modders who wish to as well.

Thankfully notch is capable of breaking every mod there is.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

FlowerChild wrote:
Perhaps, perhaps not. The yogscast crew themselves has always struck me as a pair of ferrets attracted to shiny toys rather than malicious.

Their fans on the other hand . . .
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

For the sake of his sanity, I think FC would be better off appointing someone to handle this sort of problem. I absolutely hate to see someone stop doing what they enjoy because of the actions of others.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Brethern wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
If you want to pull your content I'll support you and all modders who wish to as well.

Thankfully notch is capable of breaking every mod there is.
what about all of the modders refraining from updating anything to the newest version of minecraft for a month?
with the new stream of updates, that would make those kinds of people go MAD.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

The fan base is the real problem... because of their needy attitudes they aren't going to care about the modders at all... And from this it's going to make modding less and less worth it for people who do spend quite a bit of time with it.

The only thing I can think of that could possibly work would be to do a complete download black-out of ALL Forge content, but even then I would bet it would merely be circumvented somehow...

... I guess this is why we can't have nice things anymore...
Miner7747 wrote:
what about all of the modders refraining from updating anything to the newest version of minecraft for a month?
with the new stream of updates, that would make those kinds of people go MAD.
That won't work... Forge is more successful than base minecraft right now... people will merely do what I've been doing and ignore all updates, regardless of Flowerchild's or Notch's efforts...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

Damn. Why would they decide to piss off all the people making these great mods that they like so much?
Figures that I'd find what I want and it would be something we should boycott as right-minded people...
Not sure what we can do to help, FC...

EDIT: Maybe Notch could force an update when Minecraft Full comes out? That would break a lot of things but could stop this kind of stuff...
Last edited by Andellmere on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:The fan base is the real problem... because of their needy attitudes they aren't going to care about the modders at all... And from this it's going to make modding less and less worth it for people who do spend quite a bit of time with it.

The only thing I can think of that could possibly work would be to do a complete download black-out of ALL Forge content, but even then I would bet it would merely be circumvented somehow...

... I guess this is why we can't have nice things anymore...
a blackout of minecraft forge content could be circumvented ,

but if modders can somehow get together to have a download blackout of most mod content,
that would be ALOT harder to circumvent.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

No, sorry guys, but the first time the Yogscast pulled this kind of shit, I was willing to (eventually) give them the benefit of the doubt.

This time, no fucking way.

From their own video description:

"The Technic combination mod pack is out-of-date and completely unofficial, so use it at your own risk! You should be able to find a way to downgrade your version of minecraft back to 1.7.3 with this mod: "

To me, "unofficial" in this context indicates to me that it has been created without author permission.

So yeah, no way I'm accepting an "oops" on their part or entertaining suggestions that they're just blundering idiots doing this kind of thing accidentally.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

Just got through with this. Haven't really been following the other mods, but the second I heard BTW being mentioned, I figured hell was breaking loose.

To be honest, I think FC should appoint someone to PR. Just a thought. He doesn't need the hassle of dealing with a community of imbeciles. I'm not going to make any harsh suggestions right now, but I think you should just let this go right now, Flower, and let somebody else handle this. You're gonna be busy with the mod alone, and like I said, dealing with this kind of stupidity just isn't giving you any cuts.

I personally would love to volunteer, but the last time I tried working with the Yogscast to settle things professionally (back during that whole adf.ly nonsense), I was ignored and left a bitter taste in my mouth. Though, really, I think we just need to hit this fucking asshole at the root of it all before things get even further out of control. Again, not giving commands, but just the best suggestion, business-wise.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Battlecat wrote:Perhaps, perhaps not. The yogscast crew themselves has always struck me as a pair of ferrets attracted to shiny toys rather than malicious.

You say that, but they call him an 'awesome fellow' and link straight to the modpack's download, within which the readme directly insults the modders themselves, if the modpack itself wasn't bad enough.

Don't get me wrong, ferrets are cute; doesn't mean they'll only ever bite you by accident.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
RHCPepperfan

Post by RHCPepperfan »

FlowerChild wrote:No, sorry guys, but the first time the Yogscast pulled this kind of shit, I was willing to (eventually) give them the benefit of the doubt.

"The Technic combination mod pack is out-of-date and completely unofficial, so use it at your own risk! You should be able to find a way to downgrade your version of minecraft back to 1.7.3 with this mod: "

To me, "unofficial" in this context indicates to me that it has been created without author permission.

So yeah, no way I'm accepting an "oops" on their part or entertaining suggestions that they're just blundering idiots doing this kind of thing accidentally.
What first time?
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Stormweaver wrote:
Battlecat wrote:Perhaps, perhaps not. The yogscast crew themselves has always struck me as a pair of ferrets attracted to shiny toys rather than malicious.

You say that, but they call him an 'awesome fellow' and link straight to the modpack's download, within which the readme directly insults the modders themselves, if the modpack itself wasn't bad enough.

Don't get me wrong, ferrets are cute; doesn't mean they'll only ever bite you by accident.
I stand corrected by you and by Flowerchild's post above. I haven't actually watched the video to be honest and I only found out about the readme after the last post. I suppose I have a bad habit of wanting to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

RHCPepperfan wrote: What first time?
The first time was their video featuring BTW, in which they mentioned that they were going to try and get BTW into the yogbox.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RHCPepperfan wrote:What first time?
When they unleashed their horde on me when they spotlighted the mod and kept laughingly saying "well, we'll have to convince him to allow us to include this mod in Yogsbox" or some such rubbish.

I eventually accepted that they hadn't *intended* to have me spammed and trolled to death as a pressure tactic, but given this new debacle, they can seriously go fuck themselves.
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Stormweaver wrote:

agreed. this is the second time they bash the modding community,indirectly or not.

seriously, calling someone who directly insulted the entire modding community an "awesome fellow" isn't an accident.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

RHCPepperfan wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:No, sorry guys, but the first time the Yogscast pulled this kind of shit, I was willing to (eventually) give them the benefit of the doubt.

What first time?
When Flower ported to Forge in the first place and had to remove his mod from the YogBox due to it not being compatible with it any longer...
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Should someone post something on the yogcast forums perhaps?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

MagusUnion wrote: When Flower ported to Forge in the first place and had to remove his mod from the YogBox due to it not being compatible with it any longer...
When was btw ever in the modpack? I think your mistaken, he said no to including it in the modpack
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

BinoAl wrote:
MagusUnion wrote: When Flower ported to Forge in the first place and had to remove his mod from the YogBox due to it not being compatible with it any longer...
When was btw ever in the modpack? I think your mistaken, he said no to including it in the modpack
yes,but i beleive they made a compatibility patch for it.
you still had to download BTW normally though.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Should someone post something on the yogcast forums perhaps?
Good luck with that. I foresee Orwellian censorship over there again. I like the Yogscast quite a lot, they're cheery fellows. But they sure as hell run a totalitarian state there.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
Urian

Post by Urian »

MagusUnion wrote:When Flower ported to Forge in the first place and had to remove his mod from the YogBox due to it not being compatible with it any longer...
Please don't give out incorrect information. As several people, Flower included, have said: the first time was back before this forum opened - the yogcast did a mod spotlight on BTW and their mindless drone army came swarming, flooding the thread at the MCF with requests for BTW to be in the yogbox, flames and general asshattery.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

MagusUnion wrote:
RHCPepperfan wrote:

What first time?
When Flower ported to Forge in the first place and had to remove his mod from the YogBox due to it not being compatible with it any longer...
Actually this mod has never been in the Yogsbox with Flowerchild's permission. The first time was when the yogscast did a feature video, inciting an invasion of the MC Forum thread full of idiots demanding Flowerchild's permission for it be included.