Illegal modpack with BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
ilovekintoki

Re: Illegal modpack with BTW

Post by ilovekintoki »

..Oh dear.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

I just saw that too, and warned the buildcraft MC forum as well, good luck to Spacetoad
EDIT: oh crap. MCforge is going to spammed to hell
EDIT 2: oh..BTW too, bunker down everyone!
Beemlord

Post by Beemlord »

I used to like the yogscast, but now that they're promoting a mod pack that uses a bunch of modders material without permission, serveral of whom don't want any of their work in mod packs, it pisses me off to no end..... /sigh
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

i just alerted alblaka on the IC2 forums,he's in for the next bombardment,they're showcasing IC2 next by the looks of it.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Beemlord wrote:I used to like the yogscast, but now that they're promoting a mod pack that uses a bunch of modders material without permission, serveral of whom don't want any of their work in mod packs, it pisses me off to no end..... /sigh
I'm immensely disappointed in them as well. The yogscast is what got me into minecraft in the first place. Unofficial or not, showcasing a modpack that doesn't have the various creators' permission is so disrespectful to them.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

I'm quite disappointed with the decision of the Yogscast to showcase this illegal modpack as well. I hope it gets taken down soon.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Are they serious ?
What a bunch of assholes ...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Jesus fucking christ. I had decided to ignore this mod pack, now it looks like I can't do that.

Fucking hell. Seriously...what the flying fuck?

ARG!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Battlecat wrote:I'm quite disappointed with the decision of the Yogscast to showcase this illegal modpack as well. I hope it gets taken down soon.
As mentioned above. Yogscast are SA members themselves.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Miss_Kat wrote:
Beemlord wrote:I used to like the yogscast, but now that they're promoting a mod pack that uses a bunch of modders material without permission, serveral of whom don't want any of their work in mod packs, it pisses me off to no end..... /sigh
I'm immensely disappointed in them as well. The yogscast is what got me into minecraft in the first place. Unofficial or not, showcasing a modpack that doesn't have the various creators' permission is so disrespectful to them.
This, so much this.

It would have been fine if they had simply said that the forge allows all these mods to work together, but they left a link to a download that's in violation of multiple copyrights. Simply saying it's 'unofficial' doesn't make it ok.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Gilberreke wrote:
Battlecat wrote:I'm quite disappointed with the decision of the Yogscast to showcase this illegal modpack as well. I hope it gets taken down soon.
As mentioned above. Yogscast are SA members themselves.
Still not an excuse considering the discussion they had with Flowerchild during the mess after they showcased his mod alone. This is going to be a gong show by tomorrow. Honestly, if I was in FC's boat, I'd be locking the thread on the minecraft forum until further notice. I really think the Yogscast creators don't have a bloody clue about their effect on the minecraft community.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

FlowerChild wrote:Jesus fucking christ. I had decided to ignore this mod pack, now it looks like I can't do that.

Fucking hell. Seriously...what the flying fuck?

ARG!
What did you expect? The yogscast enjoys having a few hundred thousand 12 year olds jerking off their ego I stopped watching them months ago. After that adfly incident.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I really don't know if I'm up for dealing with the rampant hordes again guys. This just made developing this mod way less fun for me and I think it might have even killed my motivation to continue working on BTW entirely.

The massive amounts of disrespect this represents towards mod-makers truly blows my mind. It was one thing when it was just some douche's distributing an illegal mod-pack. With Yogscast endorsement, this just became THE way to download BTW.

I really don't know if I can stomach feeding a community that does this kind of thing more content.
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

FlowerChild wrote:I really don't know if I'm up for dealing with the rampant hordes again guys. This just made developing this mod way less fun for me and I think it might have even killed my motivation to continue working on BTW entirely.

The massive amounts of disrespect this represents towards mod-makers truly blows my mind. It was one thing when it was just some douche's distributing an illegal mod-pack. With Yogscast endorsement, this just became THE way to download BTW.

I really don't know if I can stomach feeding a community that does this kind of thing more content.
you might want to make it so you have to apply for an account on these forums,and you need
one to download the mod.

that would keep all the fucktards from doing stuff like this.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

I'm hoping once someone is able to bring this up to the yogscast, they'll realize how phenomenally stupid this was and delete the video.

That probably won't fix the harm that's already been done, but a girl can hope.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

FlowerChild wrote:I really don't know if I'm up for dealing with the rampant hordes again guys. This just made developing this mod way less fun for me and I think it might have even killed my motivation to continue working on BTW entirely.

Say on MCF that you are stopping this mod, and then only produce updates here.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Battosay wrote:une bande de petit cons prétentieux, arrogants, élitistes, avec un QI de bullot cuit.
I love knowing French some days when I read your posts, Batto.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Brethern wrote:

Say on MCF that you are stopping this mod, and then only produce updates here.
thats exactly what alblaka did for a while with IC!

suprisingly,it filtered out about 10-20% of people,so that might work to reduce spam.
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

Battosay wrote:une bande de petit cons prétentieux, arrogants, élitistes, avec un QI de bullot cuit.
I Loled.

C'est tellement drôle! :D
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

Miner7747 wrote:
I Loled.

C'est tellement drôle! :D
In english we call them douchbags.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

I wish I could suggest something that would make it better, but I don't have any solid ideas right now. I watched in despair during the invasion several months back and the thought it driving you away from the mod makes me quite ill. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that and that we here can help you think of a solution that will make you comfortable with continuing work on the mod.
Last edited by Battlecat on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

I know this is is not your full reason for hating modpacks but I remember you mentions having to provide support for possible outdated / mishmash-ed code to get their pack to work. What would you think about having mod pack version with a splash screen or have the sign auto fill text that says for support go to pack site or d.l original from BTW or is there anything that could change your stance on modpacks?

I am not trying to support this pack just throwing out ideas because the idea to have mediafile take it down or anything perceived as hostile might cause a huge shitstorm just for the lulz.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Oh, I was wondering what kind of user would do this... ofc it would be a god-damn goon...

Let alone they allowed something like this to evolve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7KYnagZEs

I'm talking to the IC^2 team as we speak, but idk if they will take the situation that seriously...

Edit: guess I'm late, huh?
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

On the video they did have links to every mod they showed, i was unaware this was another modpack, until i doubed checked, i was more commenting on the fact the the yognuaghts will spam to no end until this is updated, but this is a major problem, perhaps FC you could get in contact with the Yogcast?
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

MagusUnion wrote:Oh, I was wondering what kind of user would do this... ofc it would be a god-damn goon...

Let alone they allowed something like this to evolve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7KYnagZEs

I'm talking to the IC^2 team as we speak, but idk if they will take the situation that seriously...

Edit: guess I'm late, huh?

yup. i've already alerted everyone on the IC2 forums.

BTW, look at what killerbeez found in the readme included:

I did not get permission from anyone and I didn't even bother asking. The Minecraft modding community is terrible and the egos some of the modders themselves have is incredibly terrible. I simply made this pack because I love these mods and want other people to experience them as well with as little work on their part as possible.