[Help] Downloading BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
laxadaisical

[Help] Downloading BTW

Post by laxadaisical »

I have tried many different ways of getting this mod working, but as you can see by my post none have worked. I have deleted my MC folder and rerun the game for a brand new start and I have deleted the game itself and reinstalled it, but that is not the source of the problem. I am some how doing it all wrong and need help. I have searched the forums for help on downloading this mod, but sadly found nothing on how to actually download it. I've seen people with problems with downloading it too, but there has yet to be an actual topic showing how to download it. I was just wondering if someone who has downloaded this mod and it works for them could show step by step instructions on how to download, what is needed for download, etc.

P.S. Yes I have followed the instructions that are given in the mod itself, but it did not work either.

Note: It would be nice if we could get 2 instruction lists for those who run on Mac and PC. Also, pictures would be helpful too, but may not be needed.
walker_boh_65

Re: [Help] Downloading BTW

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Assuming you have no other mods, you open up the Minecraft.jar folder in WinRAW then, in the BTW WinRAW file, open the folder called MINECRAFT-JAR. Select all of the files in this folder and drag them into your minecraft.jar
laxadaisical

Post by laxadaisical »

Did that and it didn't work. The game froze, right after i created a new world and tried to play it, then went to black screen.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Oh i forgot, wow im an idiot, you need to download and install, same way as BTW ModLoader, and also delet the META_INF (or something like that) folder
laxadaisical

Post by laxadaisical »

Well I've deleted the META folder every time. BTW Modloader? Is that specific modloader for BTW that can be found on the forum? I've been using mcpatcher-2.1.0_02.exe. I usually use this for when I wanna use a mod and it's for 1.7.2 too.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

I think he just means the regular modloader. There is no specific BTW modloader version.

When it goes to a black screen, it will sometimes go to an error screen after that (although it can take a long time), this would be helpful to see what the error might be if you do already have modloader installed.

Also check the order of the mods you've added in MCPatcher, I always put modloader at the top and everything else after it, in case a mod overwrites one of the files. I think MCPatcher will notify you of this on one of the other tabs, but there is usually a lot of text on them to trawl through.
laxadaisical

Post by laxadaisical »

Okay now I feel like an idiot. I thought I could use any ModLoader but apparently it only works with "Risugami's ModLoader," or so I believe. I though I tried his/her ModLoader, but I may have messed up when using it the first time. Ughhh thanks and do you think it would help others if I made a specific post for downloading (with pictures) or do you think it was just my stupid mistake?
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Oh, I didn't even know about a non-Risugami Modloader.

I've seen one other post about installation problems, but they had different errors.

If you think it would help and is clear enough, feel free to create one, but it would probably have to be stickied by a moderator to be noticed by people having trouble, so it may get lost.
RegularX

Post by RegularX »

I think MCP, the MCP project to manage projects, and ModLoader are getting confused here.
laxadaisical

Post by laxadaisical »

Well the MC Patcher allowed me to upload mods without accessing my minecraft.jar folder, so i guess i confused it with a ModLoader.
RegularX

Post by RegularX »

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong - it's a bit of a maze. But for anyone else who is poking at it:

MCP is the project to decompile MC for modders to poke.
MCP Patcher is a tool to manage the minecraft.jar file.
ModLoader is code which allows modders to write mods without having to overwrite a bunch of core files and make everything nightmarishly incompatible. And also allows user to load mods easier, if the mod author chooses.
laxadaisical

Post by laxadaisical »

Well now that makes more sense. Thank you for your help! I'm finally gonna be able to use BTW.
WOOT!!