Home again

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Home again

Post by FlowerChild »

Just wanted to mention that I just returned home from my vacation (like half an hour ago), so you guys can expect to start seeing some progress with the mod over the next few days ;)

My vacation definitely did me a world of good. I'm feeling a lot calmer and more together overall.
Haidaes

Re: Home again

Post by Haidaes »

Welcome back then, and glad to hear that you were able to recharge your batteries :).
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Glad to have you back :)
And to keep you in a good mood, it's stricly forbiden for you to read the MCForum anymore man ;)
The 1.8 requests are just starting, and will only get worse in the next few days :o
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

oh shit FC is Back, Hide the weed man...
Good to hear youre vacation went well :)
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

Glad to have you back! I for one am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on 1.8.

I was thinking that 1.8.1 was where we would finish, but I saw the tweets from Jeb and Notch about bug reports, so think there will at least be 1.8.2 early this week.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Glad to have you back :)
And to keep you in a good mood, it's stricly forbiden for you to read the MCForum anymore man ;)
The 1.8 requests are just starting, and will only get worse in the next few days :o
Lol! Nah man, I've been following the MCForums for the entire time, and it just isn't phasing me right now man.

That's probably the surest sign that the vacation did me some good ;)
BigShinyToys wrote:oh shit FC is Back, Hide the weed man...
a) I just got back from vacation.

b) I just got back from a vacation in one of the most weed-friendly cities around.

Do the math :)
gftweek wrote:Glad to have you back! I for one am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on 1.8.

I was thinking that 1.8.1 was where we would finish, but I saw the tweets from Jeb and Notch about bug reports, so think there will at least be 1.8.2 early this week.
*If* I do anything related to the mod today (and that's a big "if"...I may just take it easy and get over some jet-lag) it'll probably be just playing around with vanilla 1.8, so you're bound to have my impressions shortly :)
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Welcome back, man. Glad to hear your vacation went well :)
Lots of planets have a north...!
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

That might explain why the MC forums aren't phasing you...

Looking forward to seeing what you think of the changes. I've mostly just been hollowing out the entire map after the first couple ravines. Still haven't managed to find a village or a stronghold but that's more likely due to the fact I'm playing the -1767412485926484027 seed
Better is the enemy of Good
Necropolis

Post by Necropolis »

Welcome home! May the more phallic instruments herald your return!
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

Welcome back dood!

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the holiday - and i'mdefitnely with the crew looking foward to seeing what you make of the changes.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Welcome home!

Look, we never managed to set anything on fire! Aren't you proud of us?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Miss_Kat wrote: Look, we never managed to set anything on fire! Aren't you proud of us?
Yes, I must say...I am quite impressed with the level of order around here.

...and perhaps just a tad disappointed ;)
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Heh, the only major screw-up around here is the whole Off-Topic Godhood game debacle.

Glad to have you back, Flower.
rwall01056335

Post by rwall01056335 »

Glad your back and it's great you are feeling less phased out.
Hope you had a good time. Do you mind me asking where you were.
I've just come back from my vacation but I'm still a bit stressed because
Some of the people who like my crappy little mod want it updated. Lol it's bot happening
In the next couple of weeks. They'll just have to wait!
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

FlowerChild wrote:
gftweek wrote:Glad to have you back! I for one am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on 1.8.

*If* I do anything related to the mod today (and that's a big "if"...I may just take it easy and get over some jet-lag) it'll probably be just playing around with vanilla 1.8, so you're bound to have my impressions shortly :)
Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to wait :).

I'm sure there will be plenty of tweaks to 1.8 that you will want to make, and the more time you take the better it will be, I certainly don't expect you to jump in immediately. I was just trying to point out that MCP probably won't be ready for a while yet if Mojang keep releasing patches.
bmanfoley

Post by bmanfoley »

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a nice vacation, you really deserved it.
MagusUnion

Post by MagusUnion »

Happy to hear you had a great time... and don't feel rushed about updating either.. 1.7.3 is still very attractive atm, and the only things that are 1.8 now are Modloader and MCP.... (idk if SpaceToad is responsible for a 1.8 MCForge or not)...
I'm not trying to come off as strong as I do. It's hard for me to personally see how I'm affecting others (even in real like).. and it makes me seem more of an ass than I want to be, so I apologize if you find what I say 'a bit rough'...
Urian

Post by Urian »

Welcome back! Glad to hear you feel refreshed after your vacation :) 1.8 is an interesting patch IMO, it does change the feel of minecraft by quite a bit but it also adds several new things that actually feels good. Unless NPCs and/or stronghold bosses will be something more awesome than bacon and beer, I think maps are better off without all them new stuff (ravines especially).
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Miner7747

Post by Miner7747 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Battosay wrote:Glad to have you back :)
Lol! Nah man, I've been following the MCForums for the entire time, and it just isn't phasing me right now man.

That's probably the surest sign that the vacation did me some good ;)
BigShinyToys wrote:oh shit FC is Back, Hide the weed man...
a) I just got back from vacation.

b) I just got back from a vacation in one of the most weed-friendly cities around.

Do the math :)

YAY! Now lets try to guess where FC had a vacation! :D

anyways,glad you liked your trip. i dont really care about BTW being updated,
i have other things to do.

Btw,dont feel bad about the Y U NO UPDATE 1.8!!!1111111one comments,
there has been MUCH WORSE: when 1.6.5 came out, Industrialcraft's thread's posts grew to a ratio of about 2 pages of spam to 1 page of real posts. it got so bad that alblaka locked the topic until it was updated.

so yeah,there has been worse.

now prepare to lock the MCforums thread,you're about to get worse than that :D
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Glad to have you back FC, take it easy like you said you wanted to. We can wait for updates, so relax and enjoy life and get over jet lag. :)
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

FlowerChild wrote:
Miss_Kat wrote: Look, we never managed to set anything on fire! Aren't you proud of us?
Yes, I must say...I am quite impressed with the level of order around here.

...and perhaps just a tad disappointed ;)
That's only because you don't have the goggles

There's hidden vandalism all over your forum :P
(though much of it is really good art actually)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Welcome back! :)
Dralnalak

Post by Dralnalak »

Welcome back.

I wish you well in keeping the vacation euphoria and not letting the crazy on the forums get you down.

I'm also greatly looking forward to seeing what interesting new additions your subconscious has been working on quietly in the background while your conscious mind was getting in some relaxation. The next six months or so should be quite interesting and entertaining.
RHCPepperfan

Post by RHCPepperfan »

Welcome back, may I ask where you went to?
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Welcome back FC hope you had an amazing time :)