Ground Netherrack help?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mason11987

Ground Netherrack help?

Post by Mason11987 »

Hey all, I've been harvesting some ground netherrack for nethercoal and steel, and it's a little more effort then I think it should be for me to sort it out.

I feel like I'm probably missing something but is there any way to more easily filter ground netherrack then doing it by hand and swapping soulsand? The wiki suggests there isn't, and I could see it as a later in the tech tree thing, but I'm just curious. Mining a 1k long tunnel in the nether nets you a lot of netherrack.
Deepsniper

Re: Ground Netherrack help?

Post by Deepsniper »

Highly reccomend you look up battosay's videos look up the hell forge it gives a nice description of what to do.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Yeah, you have to power your hopper, this way it won't break. Just place a powered hopper somewhere in your water stream right after your millstone, and you're good to go.
Spoiler
Show
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Battosay wrote:Yeah, you have to power your hopper, this way it won't break. Just place a powered hopper somewhere in your water stream right after your millstone, and you're good to go.
Spoiler
Show
Ah, awesome. Thanks!
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

When I first got to the stage when I had a hopper and some groud netherrack too, I realised that after every 8th filtering, the hopper breaks (I couldn't properly understand how this process works at that time), then when I had enough of rercrafting the hopper, I started to break and replace it after every 7th filtering >.> (me so stupid). The when I started to get the idea with the mechanical power, I started to use a hand crank after every 7th filtering (at least I had the idea now that how it works). Unfortunately, I couldn't get to the point to automate the mechanical power, as I yet haven't made any waterwheels (although I had 8 pieces of glue), because my windmill broke (I have no ida how, cuz there wasn't any stormy weather), broke my windmill, without me recogniseing it, and after a while the item form disappeared too, leaving me without any proper mechanical power to power my saw, to make enough panels for the waterwheel, and leaving me without not even one peace of hemp firbes (but 2 stack of hemp leafs instead), so I had to restart the whole grinding by hand from the first step... (learn from my mistake, always grind down enough hemp to make a backup windmill, if you don't have a waterwheel yet)
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'