Rendering issue on Windows 11

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Pot_Tx

Rendering issue on Windows 11

Post by Pot_Tx »

Recently I got a new laptop with Windows 11 OS. I launched BTW CE 2.0.4 on it and encountered a problem: Whenever I hold any items in hand, the rendering of blocks begins to act weird like the image below.
Btw the hardwares of the laptop:
Are there any ways to solve this? I have expected the new system to conflict with a game version this old, but laptops with older OS are too rare to find. My 11-year-old Win7 computer has just broken, it would be sad if I can't play BTW anymore...
Last edited by Pot_Tx on Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sockthing

Re: Rendering issue on Windows 11

Post by Sockthing »

It seems Minecraft is using the integrated gpu and not the nvidia. Cause this is a bug on new Intel drivers. So in theory a downgrade of the Intel drivers helps, but first try and check that Minecraft is using nvidia gpu :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Pot_Tx

Post by Pot_Tx »

Thank you very much! By switching the higher prioritiy of GPU usage to Nvidia the problem has been solved.
Last edited by Pot_Tx on Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Woo! Great to hear.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Can I ask you how you solved this specifically? I haven't been able to play on my laptop because of this :(

dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

The issue is caused by some of the more recent intel integrated GPU drivers. If you have a dedicated GPU, make sure MC is running on it. If you don't, you need to downgrade your drivers.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Thank you, I think this is my exact problem. I have integrated graphics on my laptop.

Now I am searching around Intel's website trying to figure out how to download legacy versions of the graphics drivers.
Raxy

Post by Raxy »

shouldn't you be able to rollback drivers using Device Manager in windows if the problems only popped up recently? if you dont have windows srry
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

In case anyone is having this issue and isn't sure where to go:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... ivers.html

This is the link to old versions of Intel integrated drivers. I downloaded a driver from 2021 (linked) and it fixed the issue on my laptop. If it doesn't work the first time, do it again. I had to do it twice, for some reason it didn't properly downgrade the first time.

I recorded my fix process, but I am still searching for the time and energy to edit and upload the tutorial. For now, just try to downgrade the drivers. OR if you have a graphics card, make sure your computer is using the GPU graphics and not the integrated graphics on your processor.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show