My Hardcore Survival Attempts

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Pot_Tx

My Hardcore Survival Attempts

Post by Pot_Tx »

One day I started to play on hardcore mode to prove to myself how good I am at the game. I only had Better Terrain Addon installed, so it's basically vanilla BTW.

Attempt #1 God of Luck
Spawned on a small island with literally nothing on it or around it. I set ocean size to 2x, so thinking I probably wouldn't be able to find land by swimming, I drowned myself.

Attempt #2 Perfect Spawn
Spawned at a perfect spot - snowy hills with a swamp nearby, large caves & animals were all around the place. I stayed in a shallow cave the first night, got some stuff from monsters the next morning, and then did all the things you normally do in BTW. In the forth night my hideout got blown up by a creeper, I rushed to another small cave nearby, not realizing it had two openings... so a zombie sneaked in and slapped the poor armless me to death.

Attempt #3 Infinite Woodland
Spawned in a wood, a huge one with rugged terrain, tall trees you can hardly chop down completely, and lacks everything else. It was already dark when I finished collecting shafts, Fortunately no one targeted me down the cave during the night. Several monsters were leisurely waiting for me near the entrance when I headed out the next morning, I ran as fast as I could disregarding my hungry stomach, Narrowly escaped with 2 or 3 hearts. Repeatedly collecting wood, strings, meat and looking for shelter in the evening, I moved toward one direction hoping to reach another biome, but failed to find even a swamp with any clay. Finally my life ended to some monsters who crowded into the shelter after a creeper somehow destroyed the ceiling.

Attempt #4 Gravity Falls
Spawned at a spot where several biomes met. There was clay, coal and even a canyon with lots of iron. I was quite satisfied with the place except for that I had to leave trees floating as all of them were too tall to reach. During the days I successfully crafted an oven and started to smelt. There's one day when zombies gave me two iron shovels in a row, which made mining much easier. Too bad I slipped into the canyon that day... I'm so dumb.

Attempt #5 Demon of Greed
Another snowy biome, to which I later found a swamp adjacent. The first day I didn't collect enough twigs to set a campfire, so I bravely stood on a frozen river, looking out for mobs so that no one targeted me. Received presents from them when sun rose, and the rest of the things were just normal BTW. I lost the save in the second mining. That time I aquired the 30 iron chunks I needed, and even found a diamond along the way. While returning home I spotted a zombie spawner dungeon that I missed going down, so decided to take a look at its chests. Finding nothing valuable, I left; but just at the first step out of it, two zombies spawned, meanwhile a skeleton fell down from above and blocked my way out. It's hard to describe that moment by words, so I drew a picture about it:
I panicked, violently pushed the skeleton down to the lava pool, and ran to the other side. The zombies were still after, to stop them I placed a slab on where the yellow circle is, totally forgot that zombies could do this parkour in BTW... By the time I had only half a heart, so GG.

Attempt #6 Speedrunning Death
A skeleton found me the first night.

Attempt #7 Feed the Beast
Spawned in a forest. The only thing special about this attempt is that I found an open-air dungeon with a spawner which spawned armless skeletons. That was pretty funny, and I got a bunch of bone clubs from them. But it seemed that stealing their food to make weapons provoked the wolf pack, they struck me in the shelter the night I obtained the first oven.

Attempt #8 Skeletal Final Boss
Finally a plain spawn. When digging out the underground shelter I didn't notice there was a pond nearby. The undead hung out there during the day, so sadly I received no gifts from them. That's the first mistake I made, and the second was drying bricks on logs just above the shelter. Campfires ignited the logs through the ceiling, almost all the bricks ended up burnt. After gaining no progress at this spot, I decided to move, from then on I have lived deeper on the plains, where there were small flat trees, under which I dug a hole to settle down. Around there I obtained iron tools both from zombies and through mining, and even started a small crop farm where I planted sugar canes & melons. But this morning a skeleton with full set of iron armor stood in front of my door to challenge me. I'd got an iron sword, so I thought there was no reason to fear. I opened the door and battled it; I blocked all its arrows, struck it some 10 times but still no trace of it receiving any harm. I died without suspense, he was way stronger than me. However, that definitely was a brave & glorious battle that all the animals oppressed by the undead would remember.
IssaMe

Re: My Hardcore Survival Attempts

Post by IssaMe »

That diagram is amazing! Good luck with your future endeavours!
Pot_Tx

Re: My Hardcore Survival Attempts

Post by Pot_Tx »

Thank you!