Always make a save copy before you act on an idea.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Shane J. Filomena

Always make a save copy before you act on an idea.

Post by Shane J. Filomena »

Over the years I have Always made copies ( sometimes several ) of my game saves.

I have some very baaaaaaad Ideas over the years....

Recently, I spent hours remodeling the end result - while it did what I wanted... did not sit well with me.
It Also did not sit well with my Iron Golems -
you know how they just stand there and give you the stink eye when they aren't impressed.

So fortunately I noticed I had the save on my desktop ( unusual ) and loaded it up -
since I knew exactly what I wanted as an end result, and where the issues were , what had taken me hours
and much, much more resources ... I did in just a few minutes with less resources ..

Iron Golems Approved.

The only issue I feel I have now is
that I can't use my grates behind me to bounce the clay balls back at me if they go flying past me.
Duie to the Red Stone & buttons I have so close to where I stand...
But I am sure I'll get over it.

What I really would like to have to add into my version : glass Slabs & that Nitre for making Jerky ( preserved food ).
I really have no use for explosives except for fishing ( so much easier, I really like that Dynamite feature. ).

I DO have " Creepers do no Harm " ( they can explode & cause health / armor damage but, not destroy my parcel or structures )
AS I re-discovered while making a recent recording, the damage inflicting concussion does not go thru walls :)
so I had escaped to later return with a Clone and slaughter all remaining hostiles inside my spawning room.
EpicAaron

Re: Always make a save copy before you act on an idea.

Post by EpicAaron »

It is interesting that you take so many precautions to avoid mistakes.

I don't know if you have watched any of the New BTW gameplay, but getting into tough situations, blowing stuff up, and dying in a hundred different ways is part of the fun. I would love to see a video of you trying to survive in the latest version!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Shane J. Filomena

Re: Always make a save copy before you act on an idea.

Post by Shane J. Filomena »

EpicAaron wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:13 pm It is interesting that you take so many precautions to avoid mistakes.

I don't know if you have watched any of the New BTW gameplay, but getting into tough situations, blowing stuff up, and dying in a hundred different ways is part of the fun. I would love to see a video of you trying to survive in the latest version!
I am actually not that bad at Mojang Minecraft - But from what I seen of Microsoft Minecraft ...well, I confess, I don't think it would be worth $30 USD to have to learn a bunch of recipes ~ And the funny thing is much of what they are selling today was Mods made FOR or before 1.2.5... If Modloader didn't disagree w/ Forge back then I could use Forge Mods.. but I can't.

The changes over the years to BTW ,
I am sure are great, but,
instead of 'removing' things that were never made more useful, I would rather they were made more useful.
And I seen there were efforts to adjust things about Non BTW entities .. I don't like when a Mod touches stuff that isn't theirs..

I had a mod that changed the Endreman Drops .. did not say it did that ...spent two hours searching for the way to fix it.

I have played the Demo versions of the newer Minecrafts .. but I really only spend an hour or so in game to break from money game platforms (where you can withdraw the game funds as real money) I love playing them , but never withdrew - I must have at least a small house payment sitting on some servers :)