CraftGuide - BTW CE Fix

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
IssaMe

CraftGuide - BTW CE Fix

Post by IssaMe »

As some of you may have noticed, as a result of the recent extensive rework of Better Than Wolves, 'Craftguide - BTW Fix' is no longer compatible with it (meaning it works but not for certain machine recipes).

So I decided to dive in and fix it. I just fixed the bugs and got it to run again. I believe the majority of recipes will show just fine.

Here's a quote from Uristqwerty on the Craftguide's forum page regarding source code editing and redistribution permissions:
Spoiler
Show
If you want to make a custom version of CraftGuide, use bits of its code, or just see how it works, you can find the source code on Github.
If you want to use some (or all) of it in your own project, you are free to do so, though it would be nice if you mentioned CraftGuide in a text file or somewhere else where someone can find it.
And here is the fixed version, and the source code if anyone is interested to see what I've changed:
Download
Source

Thanks to Arminias, this is also compatible with Fabric!

(I've made a new post since jorgebonafe doesn't seem to be very active anymore, but you can view the old one here.)
dawnraider

Re: CraftGuide - BTW CE Fix

Post by dawnraider »

\o/ Woohoo!

By the way, let me know if there's any hooks for things you need. It's still on my radar to let you use pick block with just passing metadata to be able to not have to hardcode the pottery recipes, but that's a somewhat involved thing that I still need to figure out.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
IssaMe

Post by IssaMe »

Sure thing! Right now it tries to pick block first and if that fails it uses the block dropped, so if you do change it for pottery it *should* work fine as is. The block dropped works fine for the moment so don't feel like it's top priority or anything.

As of now the only recipes that are hardcoded are the fishing bait and wool knitting recipes.
peachey1mill

Post by peachey1mill »

I have Arminias' MultiMC Instance (viewtopic.php?p=159707#p159707) installed with Deco added on, but I can't seem to get this to work with it
Arminias1

Post by Arminias1 »

CraftGuide is currently still a jar-mod, so, if you are using MultiMC, you have to add it via "Edit Instance" -> "Version" -> "Add to Minecraft.jar", it should appear after BTW-CE in the list then (this is done instead of adding it to the mods folder like full fabric addons). I hope this helps!

Also, since CraftGuide is not yet updated to CE 2.0, some recipes, especially ones for other things than crafting table/furnace, might be missing.
peachey1mill

Post by peachey1mill »

Arminias1 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:01 am CraftGuide is currently still a jar-mod, so, if you are using MultiMC, you have to add it via "Edit Instance" -> "Version" -> "Add to Minecraft.jar", it should appear after BTW-CE in the list then (this is done instead of adding it to the mods folder like full fabric addons). I hope this helps!

Also, since CraftGuide is not yet updated to CE 2.0, some recipes, especially ones for other things than crafting table/furnace, might be missing.
Ah thank you so much. It's been years since I've played BTW, and longer since I've really dealt with jar mods (and never with MultiMC lol)

It's working now. I can bring it up with G but I cant give my self the actual book with /give, nor is it in TMI. Is that because you cant really pick up Crafting tables anymore?
Arminias1

Post by Arminias1 »

Well, CraftGuide (at least this version) does not have a book if I remember correctly. Bringing it up with G is exactly right! ;)
Maybe you confused it with RecipeBook? That one is also an old ModLoader mod for these MC versions, it actually was a book with all the recipes in it (but it does not work well with BTW)
IssaMe

Post by IssaMe »

Craft Guide has finally been updated and is now compatible with BTW CE v2.x!
Download

Install by placing it into the mods folder. No more jar modding!

Sorry for the long wait, been a little busy irl :P
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

No need for apologies, we're all really grateful you're still around and updating, this has become a must-have for pretty much everybody, so thank you for your work :)
IssaMe

Post by IssaMe »

Thank you <3
IssaMe

Post by IssaMe »

Updated to include lang support!
IssaMe

Post by IssaMe »

Updated to fix an issue where pressing the CraftGuide keybind on a hovered item didn't bring up the recipe.
Thank you to AnaRchX for identifying and fixing this issue!