A reminder to the flying turtles

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BinoAl

Re: A reminder to the flying turtles

Post by BinoAl »

Fracture wrote:To anyone who feels bad they're not a Turtle-- don't sweat it. It's not like everybody ignores you by default if you're not a Turtle. Post productively and make your own reputation here-- don't rely on the colour of your name.
Exactly. Heck, i remember you more than 90% of the turtles. IMO, you should have been made a turtle a while ago
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

BinoAl wrote:
Fracture wrote:To anyone who feels bad they're not a Turtle-- don't sweat it. It's not like everybody ignores you by default if you're not a Turtle. Post productively and make your own reputation here-- don't rely on the colour of your name.
Exactly. Heck, i remember you more than 90% of the turtles. IMO, you should have been made a turtle a while ago
wait, i thought you were a turtle this whole time
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
BinoAl wrote:
wait, i thought you were a turtle this whole time
xD Thanks, though I think I'm a bit too much of a dick to be a Turtle lol.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Being a dick is practically one of the qualifications.
Conscript Gary

Post by Conscript Gary »

Indeed. If you're not a turtle it doesn't mean that you aren't a good poster, just that you haven't been noticed for it.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

I'dd prefer to believe that FC is too busy coding in his own little soundproof tank to really notice anyone these days
Albalbalb

Post by Albalbalb »

FlowerChild wrote:I'm not even aware of how many people are actively using this mod anymore as I long ago gave up on trying to keep track. There are definitely several tens of thousands involved and that number may even be in the hundreds of thousands. Regardless, that's just WAY too many people to expect a single individual to try and listen to.
I have an idea for that.
The turtles could make a topic in their sub-Forum where they can post who should be "upgraded" to a flying turtle and also can say why he or she should be it.
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

To be honest, I don't really like the elitist aspect of the Flying turtles, so that's why I barely post in the FTFL, even if I understand why FC needs something like that, to be in contact with only a few people, otherwise he would be overwelmed by the amount of message to read.
So I only post in the Lounge when I see a really good suggestion/a topic FC needs to see, and I haven't seen any suggestion worth his time lately.
That's why I mostly post in this section, to make sure that anybody can answer if they have something to say.

I have seen several people here who deserved to be "promoted", and I wanted to post request to do so in the Lounge several time, but I always ended up thinkin' that only FC should make that call.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Battosay wrote: I have seen several people here who deserved to be "promoted", and I wanted to post request to do so in the Lounge several time, but I always ended up thinkin' that only FC should make that call.
I had thought about making a "suggested turtles" thread a while back, just to focus FC's attention to some of the better members of the community, but i wasn't sure if that would really be welcome or not, so i decided against it
screally

Post by screally »

I thought he promoted you guys because he wanted your input, not to be simple yes-men?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

screally wrote:I thought he promoted you guys because he wanted your input, not to be simple yes-men?
The way i took it, he wants a group of people who can look over the forums, and bring up anything important, so that he doesn't have to respond to/look at every single thread on the forum
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »

I just wish we had more admins for the wiki. This Zana82 guy has been posting spam over and over and needs to be banned/pages deleted.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Yeh I mentioned the wiki in the OP, it still continues to be ignored by the 2 mods it has though. They should make you a mod since you practically maintain it all by yourself now.