My Elitest SubForum (oh joy!) :)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Fracture

Re: My Elitest SubForum (oh joy!) :)

Post by Fracture »

FlowerChild wrote:
Fracture wrote: I think we need to think bigger. Life itself should have an IQ test, not simply the forums. Just imagine, FC, a world without morons. Oh, what humanity may accomplish...
I somehow began hearing the sound of marching boots and calls to arms as you were saying that man...

I don't think I'm quite ready to start advocating a final-solution just yet :)
Alright, revision to avoid invoking Godwin's Law: IQ requirements for breeding.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

thenoobfactor wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:
thenoobfactor wrote:Seems like a pretty good idea, the few trolls who post here will be kept on the peasant board that nobody cares about.

Also, While you are able rule over this place with an Iron fist, does that mean the MCforum thread be deleted, or will it just be left unattended and be allowed to become more of a cesspit then it already was?
The latter. I think the first IQ test involved in whether you should be part of this community, is whether you read enough of the OP over there to realize there's another forum ;)
I was referring to the MC as the peasant board (poor word choice I guess) I know and accept that I am not an elitist swine. And that there is a separate board for them
Meh. We still post and read here. I mean, being an Elitist is no fun if you can't rub it in the Peasants faces :)
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

finite8 wrote:
thenoobfactor wrote:
FlowerChild wrote: The latter. I think the first IQ test involved in whether you should be part of this community, is whether you read enough of the OP over there to realize there's another forum ;)
I was referring to the MC as the peasant board (poor word choice I guess) I know and accept that I am not an elitist swine. And that there is a separate board for them
Meh. We still post and read here. I mean, being an Elitist is no fun if you can't rub it in the Peasants faces :)
Very true. It's like the burn-the-world thing. No point ruling over ashes.
Danyo

Post by Danyo »

finite8 wrote: Meh. We still post and read here. I mean, being an Elitist is no fun if you can't rub it in the Peasants faces :)
To be honest, being a peasant isn't all to bad, especially if it the other option is being a swine, even if it's an elitist one ;-)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

finite8 wrote: Meh. We still post and read here. I mean, being an Elitist is no fun if you can't rub it in the Peasants faces :)
I wonder what happens if the peasants start wanting you to rub their faces...
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

thenoobfactor wrote: I see, I just thought that you were calling me an idiot.
Lol! Nah man, that's really not what I was getting at, and it's really not what the whole Elitist structure is about here anyways :)

The sub-forum I have setup is largely just about trust. It's become clear that the volume of traffic the mod generates has become too great for me to read each and every opinion that the entire fan-base wants to voice.

As such, I really need some kind of filter on everything that is coming through as I was becoming totally overload by the single thread in the MC forums.

All the SubForum allows me to do is have a place to go if I'm busy, where I know that the people posting things will only bring stuff up that hasn't been said before, which really needs to be brought to my attention, or which is otherwise of particular interest to me.

I'm a lot less likely to be throwing insults around in this kind of environment man, because nothing is requiring me to read everything here anymore. If folks want to talk about whatever they wish related to the mod, it's totally cool, as I don't have to be involved anymore.

Anyways, you haven't said or done anything that would have caused me to classify you as an idiot either way man, so really, there was no offense intended whatsoever :)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

And totally counter-productive to my previous post's attempt at attempting to avoid seeming completely crazy, but absolutely relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfhGKN2I ... re=related

Apparently the youtube posting is broken lol.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thread is slowly drifting off-topic into a rather meaningless zone :)

Locking to avoid feeling obliged to follow it any further.