New Release! (BTW V3.90)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Syruse

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.90)

Post by Syruse »

I am beyond words with the Nether Growth, it is easily one of my favorite things in the mod now. I've been letting it grow throughout my nether around my pigman farm for about an hour now, its just so fantastic to look at. I think I want an over-world equivalent to the Nether Growth. I know its never going to happen, but I can dream :P

Thanks so much for this update, FC. :D
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Syruse wrote:I am beyond words with the Nether Growth, it is easily one of my favorite things in the mod now. I've been letting it grow throughout my nether around my pigman farm for about an hour now, its just so fantastic to look at. I think I want an over-world equivalent to the Nether Growth. I know its never going to happen, but I can dream :P

Thanks so much for this update, FC. :D
I wouldn't put it past fc to introduce a form of aggressive mycelium that spreads even on grass blocks and is a bit more dangerous.

Then again if it goes unchecked it can really ruin a world, so maybe not.

As for the nether growth (I almost wish you named it nether groth :P) I'm planning on keeping it as a pet, name it, and feed it helpless pigmen. While not as cuddly as ghasts, I suspect it is a better listener.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Some sort a zergling type random land infestation that needs to be fought back, harvested and killed could be cool.

*smash* wrong forum
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

Does the modified slime spawning behaviour also prevent them from spawning on grass?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sandrew wrote:Does the modified slime spawning behaviour also prevent them from spawning on grass?
Yup, it does. Although in practice that shouldn't make much difference since I believe they can't spawn below height 40 by vanilla rules anyways.

I decided not to have them spawn on grass so that people could still have underground decorative gardens or what have you without worrying about slimes. With grass not being a normal part of their natural habitat, I thought that was reasonable.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

I have a question regarding the textures. I'll put it in spoilers just in case.
Spoiler
Show
So the order of the textures as far as I can tell is top of infested netherrack followed by the side and then bottom. Then we have the top of the growing growth, followed by the top of a fully grown growth and lastly the side of the growth. Then there is a texture that I can't figure out where it's used. Could anyone help me out here?
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

FlowerChild wrote:
Sandrew wrote:Does the modified slime spawning behaviour also prevent them from spawning on grass?
Yup, it does. Although in practice that shouldn't make much difference since I believe they can't spawn below height 40 by vanilla rules anyways.

I decided not to have them spawn on grass so that people could still have underground decorative gardens or what have you without worrying about slimes. With grass not being a normal part of their natural habitat, I thought that was reasonable.
So you fixed the behaviour in Superflat worlds with this too ?
Cool ^^

To the Fungus, I love you for it, I integrate it in my Adventure Map
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

FlowerChild wrote:

Ah, I see. However reasonable it is, I'm a bit sad as I occasionally enjoy playing hardcore superflat. Figure I'll have to do that with a vanilla install or an older version of BTW in the future. Aside from that the change is definitely for the better. Slimes are a pest.

edit; nevermind, forgot that the option is configurable. Excuse my unfounded worries.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Sandrew wrote:Ah, I see. However reasonable it is, I'm a bit sad as I occasionally enjoy playing hardcore superflat. Figure I'll have to do that with a vanilla install or an older version of BTW in the future. Aside from that the change is definitely for the better. Slimes are a pest.

edit; nevermind, forgot that the option is configurable. Excuse my unfounded worries.
Actually I think this is better for superflat too since it makes building mob traps so much easier, you just need to pave some area with stone and slimes will be spawning on it like crazy.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

I gotta hand it to you Flower... Not just anyone could get me to willingly infect my nether regions with a fungus ;)

This is an epic release, thank you.
And HOW!
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

the Funugs thing reminds me a bit on Fringe
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

That´s pretty much what I feel about the Nether spores.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Elevatator wrote: That´s pretty much what I feel about the Nether spores.
Lol! Thanks for that :)
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

That video was godly!!!
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Tekei wrote:I have a question regarding the textures. I'll put it in spoilers just in case.
Spoiler
Show
So the order of the textures as far as I can tell is top of infested netherrack followed by the side and then bottom. Then we have the top of the growing growth, followed by the top of a fully grown growth and lastly the side of the growth. Then there is a texture that I can't figure out where it's used. Could anyone help me out here?
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.
That's the top of nether growth block before its final stage.
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

Oh, the connotations...fantastic.

In other news, I am only now finally noticing that you put tuning forks in the mod. You have no idea how insanely happy that makes me... Minecraft is that much more complete.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Update video! Ta daaaa~!

She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote:Update video! Ta daaaa~!
Nice job Morv! Thanks for putting that together!

Although..."show you the other changes we've made in this version"? Errrr... :)
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

morvelaira wrote:Update video! Ta daaaa~!
Thats sweet :) i'm kinda out and can't play BTW so i really appreciate your update videos and i guess everyone does. :) So thank you a lot!

Edit:
FlowerChild wrote:Although..."show you the other changes we've made in this version"? Errrr... :)
Uuu... So you and Morv are working together. He... he... :D

(jk)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

[quote="FlowerChild"]
Although..."show you the other changes we've made in this version"? Errrr... :)[/que]

Wait, I said that? See, this is why I typically don't record in the evening. If I didn't do it now, though, it wasn't going to get done for at least a week or more. I hate it when I make not easily correctable mistakes like this -.-

No one else has picked up on it judging by comments though.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Adding an annotation at that spot might explain that it was a mistake quite easily, right?
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

If most people aren't noticing it, I would rather not point it out.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

It's just an oral typo, no need to blow it out of proportions ;P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

FlowerChild wrote:
Battosay wrote: Though one question : why bump the numbers to 3.90 ? I would have thought about a 3.8X. OR is this new Nether thing more important than it seems ?
Not sure what you mean man. New block...new system...that's generally when I bump it up a 0.10 :)
Yeah don't worry, I was just waking up when I saw the release, and posted it, without really understanding that a new nether abomination was born ;)

Though I would suspect that you're keeping 4.0 for phase 1, so you're gonna have to be clever with the numbering again I guess ^^
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

Battosay wrote: Though I would suspect that you're keeping 4.0 for phase 1, so you're gonna have to be clever with the numbering again I guess ^^
Not really, the way it works the next 2 builds would just be called 3.100 and 3.110. While its annoying for sorting purposes because alphabetical order does not apply here everything after a dot is its own decimal counter with as many places as you want them to be.