Off-Topic Hell (Was: An Important Announcement)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
destineternel

Re: An Important Announcement

Post by destineternel »

Anyways, all that to say, it should be coming within the next few days :)

oooooooh! moar goodies!
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: It is actually (and again...NOT the big update ; ) ), BUT I just realized yesterday that one of the features I'm building into this release is quite a bit more complicated than I had originally anticipated and requires some rather special code to pull off. On the bright side though, I'm confident it's some code I'll be able to use again in the future for some rather cool stuff, so I think it's worth it.

So, going to spend the day working on that, after which I have a few more small loose ends which I may or may not tackle for this release. Anyways, all that to say, it should be coming within the next few days :)
I'm guessing there's significantly more coming than just bellows blowing stuff then... :D
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Sarudak wrote:
FlowerChild wrote: It is actually (and again...NOT the big update ; ) ), BUT I just realized yesterday that one of the features I'm building into this release is quite a bit more complicated than I had originally anticipated and requires some rather special code to pull off. On the bright side though, I'm confident it's some code I'll be able to use again in the future for some rather cool stuff, so I think it's worth it.

So, going to spend the day working on that, after which I have a few more small loose ends which I may or may not tackle for this release. Anyways, all that to say, it should be coming within the next few days :)
I'm guessing there's significantly more coming than just bellows blowing stuff then... :D
Change log: Bellows now suck! ;)
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Vray

Post by Vray »

Husbag wrote:

Change log: Bellows now suck! ;)

I'm not sure, but I think, technically, they blow ... either way, they are cooler than they were before.

;)
TY for all the thought and hard work FC.
~ Reality Bites... Bite back! ~

Vray.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

As always, the new release is awesome. I'm just waiting for BTB to update :(
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Urian

Post by Urian »

This greeting card is over a week late but I think it fits BTW very well:
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Panda

Post by Panda »

...Im still super curious about this but it seems like not much is going on now...
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Panda wrote:...Im still super curious about this but it seems like not much is going on now...
Nope. I mentioned this in another thread the other day, but without any knowledge of when (or even if now...I'm starting to have my doubts) extended block IDs will be coming to MC, I've decided to focus more on regular BTW style updates for the time being.

Mojang has stated 1.3 won't be out for at least a month, and that won't even be the mod API. Will it contain the block IDs then? Will 1.4?

They've said squat about it, and I'm not exactly willing to freeze development of the mod for months waiting on it.
Panda

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:...Im still super curious about this but it seems like not much is going on now...
Nope. I mentioned this in another thread the other day, but without any knowledge of when (or even if now...I'm starting to have my doubts) extended block IDs will be coming to MC, I've decided to focus more on regular BTW style updates for the time being.

Mojang has stated 1.3 won't be out for at least a month, and that won't even be the mod API. Will it contain the block IDs then? Will 1.4?

They've said squat about it, and I'm not exactly willing to freeze development of the mod for months waiting on it.
Mhh i see, thank you for filling in this confused soul =] ive always wanted to use a tumbleweed in a post as well... hehe...
I feel mighty bad about them dicking all the modders around... especially you, because without any knowledge of what your makeing, i know it will be good!

....And i really wanna texture it....
Never say no to Panda.
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

Well, from the weekly snapshots Jeb posts on Mojang's site, it looks like 1.3 will bring the split client/server on the single player side.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

You guys are missing the bright side of this tho. When 1.3 comes out, singleplayer = multiplayer, which means when BTW updates for it...there's a good chance it will be SMP compatible.

However updating to 1.3 is likely to be a lengthy process too.
johnt

Post by johnt »

Who is gonna start a smp server when that happens?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

johnt wrote:Who is gonna start a smp server when that happens?
Better question. Who isn't gonna try?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I'll just play on my home network with a roomie and my girlfriend :).
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I've got a couple of friends that I have been dying to show BTW, this'll be just the chance.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?