Eureka!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Noodlerex

Re: Eureka!

Post by Noodlerex »

Husbag3 wrote:Don't get your hopes up, 3.0 was the gimp suit ;)
A feature essential to the mod.
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Noodlerex wrote:
A feature essential to the mod.
As well as one of the most funny feature of it ! So our hopes are high for this one !

Anyway there's no way we will be disappointed with FC. The man knows how to do those things ;-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Seriously ? It's such an awesome feature, just have sex with breed cows, with or without their consent :)
SilvasRuin

Post by SilvasRuin »

The only common thread I can think of is the flowing of liquid.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

best guest is it deals with the brewing system, so perhaps some kind of new brewing thingy for XP use? who knows.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

And for the first time ever, I shall provide a hint in poetry!

FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

The npc's are going to stop returning our phone calls and after a lawsuit we find out they were cheating on us ?
Is my first thought from the video :D
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:And for the first time ever, I shall provide a hint in poetry!
Wait, we're getting a feature that nags us constantly, hates us, and cries constantly?

Dude, wolves are already in the game.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Let's do this rationally guys. After guessing the last one, Gil returns with Batman-grade logic!

1. It's a new idea, so it's not:
- The lens
- Nether fluid
- The new age

2. All songs relate to emotions and drinking
3. There is an implication of tears

So, my guess is we're going to make some mob (wolves, cats or NPCs) cry. The question is, what functionality?
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Panda

Post by Panda »

Soul Beer!!! made with ghast tears and brewd with hellfire!
Never say no to Panda.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I generally avoid speculations since FC loves to troll us but some things:
- He didn't say it was something new, only something he hadn't though of (which could also mean a planned feature but with a new way of implementation)
- All songs include booze (and crying). While there is a drink with tears as an ingredient I kinda doubt that's what this is all about :) While it could be something with ghast tears or brewing I'm just as likely to think the FC is trolling us with those and the hint is something less obvious.
- The songs in the hints get better and better, the poem is horrible :p
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Chuffy

Post by Chuffy »

Can we have a clue in interpretive dance?
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Urian wrote:- All songs include booze (and crying). While there is a drink with tears as an ingredient I kinda doubt that's what this is all about :) While it could be something with ghast tears or brewing I'm just as likely to think the FC is trolling us with those and the hint is something less obvious.
Well, when potion brewing was first added, Battosay did notice that you could automatically craft potions to some extent. FlowerChild removed that functionality from the mod at that time, and I believe he said that it was because he fully intended to implement automatic potion brewing - but that he wanted it done in his own way, not though a bug.

I wonder if he's finally figured out how to implement what he wants.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
johnt

Post by johnt »

Okay, I've got it.

He's added in a villager breeding system, and a use for the juke box.

Two new craftable items: The Still and The Stripper pole.

You have to give the villagers booze, and if one of them gets drunk enough near a stripper pole, and music is playing, one of them will reveal itself as a female and I think you see where this is going.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

I hope FC realizes that he has been training us to think that we can farm living things to provide us with goods. He has slowly been decreasing our sensibilities to cruelty, he has been increasing our spark for innovative ideas.

Now he shows us that by being in pain, he can still write the mod and even comes up with new features.

Isn't he worried that we're going to figure out where he lives, don him a gimp suit and get him to work by pulling teeth until an update is created?
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Gilberreke wrote:I hope FC realizes that he has been training us to think that we can farm living things to provide us with goods. He has slowly been decreasing our sensibilities to cruelty, he has been increasing our spark for innovative ideas.

Now he shows us that by being in pain, he can still write the mod and even comes up with new features.

Isn't he worried that we're going to figure out where he lives, don him a gimp suit and get him to work by pulling teeth until an update is created?
Or until he runs out of teeth.
That's kind of cruel.
Well, I'm sure he would do the same.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Gilberreke wrote:I hope FC realizes that he has been training us to think that we can farm living things to provide us with goods. He has slowly been decreasing our sensibilities to cruelty, he has been increasing our spark for innovative ideas.

Come on, that's just weird... Don't you realize that by analyzing the trends in his activity it would be much more efficient to lock him and a computer in a dark basement with an automated alcohol dispenser connected to a timer?
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Urian wrote:Come on, that's just weird... Don't you realize that by analyzing the trends in his activity it would be much more efficient to lock him and a computer in a dark basement with an automated alcohol dispenser connected to a timer?
Don't forget the cigarettes.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

See? This is what I'm talking about.

He created a monster! Then gave away his weaknesses!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote: Don't forget the cigarettes.
Thanks. I was just about to say the same thing myself :)
whynocheese

Post by whynocheese »

FlowerChild wrote:
Ribky wrote: EDIT: I say at the moment because I have this weird eye twitch going on today... not sure what it is. Little muscle spasms... it's friggin' annoying.
Don't mind that. It's an unfortunate side-effect of the subliminal messages in the mod that my team has yet to iron the kinks out of. Rest assured though, it'll go away and be replaced by the thousand yard stare shortly.
I thought you worked alone... so that's where [INSERT MISSING TURTLE] went...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

whynocheese wrote: I thought you worked alone... so that's where [INSERT MISSING TURTLE] went...
I do work alone on the mod. I have a PR firm handling the subliminal messages though.
whynocheese

Post by whynocheese »

FlowerChild wrote:
whynocheese wrote: I thought you worked alone... so that's where [INSERT MISSING TURTLE] went...
I do work alone on the mod. I have a PR firm handling the subliminal messages though.
Something suddenly made me not want to contest this and I am having muscle spasms now... weird. I am gonna lay down now.
Indras

Post by Indras »

I think I might have figured it out, based on the youtube clips FC provided...
(spoiler tag in case I'm right)
Spoiler
Show
A potion you brew/cook in the stewing pot that repels mobs.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Indras wrote:I think I might have figured it out, based on the youtube clips FC provided...
(spoiler tag in case I'm right)
Spoiler
Show
A potion you brew/cook in the stewing pot that repels mobs.
Clearly a technical feature with a usefulness between that of the turntable and the block dispenser.

PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.