[4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
jadedcat

Re: [4.20] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy) Updated

Post by jadedcat »

Ok its a hardware problem and they are moving the server to a different machine and node. This means the host name/ip will be changing. To prevent people from having to change the ip anymore I will be having the server set up with a domain name that will stay that same no matter where the server is hosted.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Cool, Jade. I'm glad you could find the problem.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

I'd love to play here, I've been craving anarchy play lately and Sterling's server has been down for a while
IGN: BinoAl
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

I registered a domain and from now on no matter what the server ip that domain will point to it. The new ip is on the first post.

You can connect to the server at jadedragonrealm.com

this way no matter what happens y'all won't have to keep typing in new ip addresses.

Bino you have been added
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Taking the server down for a bit of maintenance. Will be back up shortly.
FlowerChild wrote:
freetorule

Post by freetorule »

IGN : freetorule :) And I accept the no x-ray/flying hack rule
Its all... wibbly wobbly timey wimey"

I am the 12th Doctor
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

freetorule wrote:IGN : freetorule :) And I accept the no x-ray/flying hack rule
Freetorule you have still not been a contributng member to the forums long enough for a whitelist on this server.
FlowerChild wrote:
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jadedcat wrote: Freetorule you have still not been a contributng member to the forums long enough for a whitelist on this server.
Nor will he ever be given the pestering.
shifty

Post by shifty »

That thread on anarchy play really piqued my interest in trying out some BTW SMP. Could I get whitelisted please? Username is acc1627. Thanks :)
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Heya. I'm in the mood for some Anarchy play. Do you mind if i join the party?

You have my sword... and if your gear is better than mine, you will also be a naked corpse afterwards *evil grin*

IGN: finite8
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

y'all have been added to the whitelist.
FlowerChild wrote:
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

You do realize that if my gear is better than yours, the chances are more likely that you'd be the one with a naked corpse...
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Six

Post by Six »

I have a bow, your argument is invalid.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

I have a battle axe not only will you be a naked corpse but your limbs will be dismembered and strewn across multiple biomes.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Holy crap, I made my base in a ravine and it turns out it's actually 4 connected ravines. It's a quadravine. It's awesome.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

A suggestion to Jadedcat:
Since you have a weekly (monthly? daily?) bounty, whoever has the bounty on his head would be a bit more afraid to play in the server than usual, in some cases. Why not give the player a reason to play more in those times? For instance, give him the reward if he manages to survive a certain amount of time without getting killed.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Itamarcu wrote:A suggestion to Jadedcat:
Since you have a weekly (monthly? daily?) bounty, whoever has the bounty on his head would be a bit more afraid to play in the server than usual, in some cases. Why not give the player a reason to play more in those times? For instance, give him the reward if he manages to survive a certain amount of time without getting killed.

They do get a reward if they survive. ;p
FlowerChild wrote:
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

I am going to be purging the whitelist of inactive players. If you haven't been on in over a week and you want to participate in the server you will need to either ask to stay or apply for whitelisting a gain later.
FlowerChild wrote:
shifty

Post by shifty »

Thanks for hosting the server jadedcat, i'm really enjoying anarchy so far. Quick question: are mods such as InvTweaks allowed?
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

shifty wrote:Thanks for hosting the server jadedcat, i'm really enjoying anarchy so far. Quick question: are mods such as InvTweaks allowed?

If all it does is organize your personal inventory in an ocd fashion.. I do not care. If it adds coords, changes your inventory, sets your spawn, or gives you any other advantage over other players no.
FlowerChild wrote:
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I just noticed the IP in my list was the wrong one (jadedragonrealm.co.uk, fix me if I'm wrong). When I corrected it to jadedragonrealm.com, I found myself in an other server. Do you have 2 servers? :~
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Itamarcu wrote:I just noticed the IP in my list was the wrong one (jadedragonrealm.co.uk, fix me if I'm wrong). When I corrected it to jadedragonrealm.com, I found myself in an other server. Do you have 2 servers? :~
jadedragonrealm.co.uk is not my server

jadedragonrealm.com is.
FlowerChild wrote:
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

So what was your previous IP?
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Itamarcu wrote:So what was your previous IP?
jadedragonrealm.atl8.creeperhost.com

and

jadedragonrealm.cbyte.co
FlowerChild wrote:
shifty

Post by shifty »

jadedcat wrote:
shifty wrote:Thanks for hosting the server jadedcat, i'm really enjoying anarchy so far. Quick question: are mods such as InvTweaks allowed?

If all it does is organize your personal inventory in an ocd fashion.. I do not care. If it adds coords, changes your inventory, sets your spawn, or gives you any other advantage over other players no.
It sorts your inventory, the only questionable part is that it automatically switches to a new sword (pick, axe, ect) whenever yours breaks. Would that be considered an unfair advantage over other players?