[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [4.57] BTW Official Co-Op Server [Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitel

Post by FlowerChild »

taiketsue wrote:So posting more, saying a random thing on the forum means you're gonna somehow come to trust me? I'm not gonna sit down and have a life convorsation with you to play a server..
Nope, you certainly won't be having another conversation with me again.
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

I would love a whitelist. I understand if not though. Same name in game.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I won't be on quite as much this week as I was last week. I'll be investing the majority of my limited free time into ssp to play with the new toys! I'll probably be on tonight about 10pm cst for an hour or so though.

Edit: Or I could get a migraine, decide to play ssp anyway, find a witch hut and proceed to light up the surrounding area, find and start lighting up a massive cave system, and then the world goes spinning. Wee... Shit man I forgot how bad an idea playing Minecraft with a migraine is. Now it's worse and I've added 3d game induced dizziness to it. I'm going to go take pain mess and stare intently at the back of my eyelids for a handful of hours. I'm having a hard time writing this even on my phone. The damn keys won't stop swimming, I wish anebriation was the cause. Fuck my head. Bye now.
Last edited by SterlingRed on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

I wonder if I could join server. Just looking for a place to hang out with a lot of people. Also because I know that this server will last for a long time, so no need to be afraid of finding server not working one day.

IGN: sky_demon
Last edited by sky_demon on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

icynewyear wrote:I would love a whitelist. I understand if not though. Same name in game.
Your post count isn't very high, but given how hardcore a BTW player you've shown yourself to be in your videos, sure man, I'll add you.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

sky_demon wrote:I wonder if I could join server. Just looking for a place to hang out with a lot of people. Also because I know that this server will last for a long time, so no need to be afraid of finding server not working one day.

IGN: sky_demon
We can try. Be careful though ;)
warmist

Post by warmist »

Oh cool, somehow missed this changing from anarchy to co-op. I hope this will make people post more pictures of epic (maybe more cooperative) builds and structures.
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Can I trouble you for a re-add to the whitelist? I didn't play a whole lot when it was anarchy, but I think I'll find happy hippie co-op more agreeable.
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

I hesitate a bit to post, as it's true that I tend to be a lurker in most online communities I'm a part of, BTW being no exception. On the other hand, though I don't post often, I've been around for a little over a year and I've felt generally well-accepted, so there's that.

After some consideration, I decided that hey, I may as well ask: could I be added to the whitelist for the official server? I've found myself with some free time and I was looking to get back into playing, and the best combination of community and stability seems to be found here. Let me know, and no hard feelings either way!

IGN: CrimsonStorm
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Two more bunnies ;)
Just don't eat Papa bunny's carrots, and don't wander too far from the rabbit hole :)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

WIP bridge as part of my road toward spawn (which will actually just tie into FC's road).
Stone brick fence truss underneath it isn't done.

For scale: Torches are 8 blocks apart not including the block the torch is on.
Spoiler
Show
I propose we use a 3 block arrow out of wool set in the roads we're building to indicate direction to a persons base. It'd be easy enough for each of us to have a unique color identifier using 3 wool blocks. Signs work too I suppose.
Six

Post by Six »

So I've been on what has turned into a rather epic exploration in an attempt to find the desert I was in back during anarchy. I've been mapping out while searching, and thought this might be of interest to people:
Spoiler
Show
I'll add some annotations tomorrow from memory of where people's bases are and things, but for now, see if you can work out some of the landmarks yourself.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Well I know where flowers, Daves, and my base is on that map.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

has anyone found my old base? I completely forget where it is and any kind of land mark it was near. All I do remember is building a tower in the middle of a desert with a nether portal in it and surrounding it with cacti. If anyone knows where that tower is, could you give me directions to it from spawn?
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Ah I know exactly where that is! Take fcs road from spawn all the way to his base. Then head east until you hit another road. Go south on that road through my base and yours is over the next hill.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sigh...while trying to update to version 4.58 I keep getting errors about the server jar being corrupt, and for the life of me can't figure out what wrong.

Unfortunately, this means the server is temporary out of action :\

Battosay, would you mind taking a look at it? I'm at a bit of a loss. If not, I'll try again later tonight or tomorrow in case this is a temporary issue.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Wow, thx sterling! I didn't realize it was so far away, but at least I should be able to access my old base now and speed up my recovery process!

Presently I'm making my base at a mob spawner just underneath the surface not too far from original spawn. I hope it isn't too close for comfort to FC's lovely building.

Also, thx for that weigh station FC, it really helped me out on getting back on my feet after being gone for so long.

Six

Post by Six »

So with the server down, I annotated that map with some of the things I've seen on my journeys:
Spoiler
Show

A - Spawn
B - FC's base (road going all the way from spawn to here)
C - SterlingRed's base (road going all the way up to the desert north of here, soon to connect west to FC's)
D - daveyanakov's base
E - splee999's formerly secret bunker
F - Approximate location of CycloneSP's desert tower
G - First creeper hole corpse I found, possibly sky_demon? (I put your stuff in a chest there for you)
H - Second creeper hole corpse I found and former starting out location of someone (I forget who?)
I - Looted village #1
J -Looted village #2
I've now set out to map the area north west of spawn.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Six wrote:So with the server down, I annotated that map with some of the things I've seen on my journeys:
Spoiler
Show

A - Spawn
B - FC's base (road going all the way from spawn to here)
C - SterlingRed's base (road going all the way up to the desert north of here, soon to connect west to FC's)
D - daveyanakov's base
E - splee999's formerly secret bunker
F - Approximate location of CycloneSP's desert tower
G - First creeper hole corpse I found, possibly sky_demon? (I put your stuff in a chest there for you)
H - Second creeper hole corpse I found and former starting out location of someone (I forget who?)
I - Looted village #1
J -Looted village #2
I've now set out to map the area north west of spawn.
I LOVE that map. You guys have a freaking gorgeous area around spawn. I always loved the way maps look in game. I personally hate the way the overviewer makes the world look.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Will take a look at it :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Ok, server seems to be running fine in 4.58.
Uploading the .jar in the Game panel always gave me a corrupted archive issue, but it worked when I used FileZilla, so that might be the issue.
Let me know if you guys can connect as well :)
Kezza

Re: [4.58] BTW Official Co-Op Server [Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitel

Post by Kezza »

I would love to be whitelisted, if there is any "room" left
My Ingamename is Kezza99
I need some interaction with other players, my world is so lonely!

Give me a chance, it will not be nagative, I promise :)
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

I have finally located(and subsequently looted) my old base. I am rather disappointed with how very little was actually in my old base. :(

The only things of value in it were a few stacks of redstone, 4 dia's, some obsidian, a stack of lapis, and a spattering of lesser value items.

So now, all that remains is for me to settle in at my new place. Also, Batto, feel free to harvest the mossy cobble whenever you like. :)

Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Spoiler
Show
Can anyone tell me where this is?
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

That's some seriously beautiful shit. <Impressed>