KSP Resource System Set Aside / Multiplayer Added

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Rob

Re: KSP Resource System Set Aside / Multiplayer Added

Post by Rob »

FlowerChild wrote:I couldn't resist chiming in:
Honestly, working on multiplayer strikes me as rather odd. KSP seems like a game that would be least served by having MP given the distances involved and the need for time acceleration to cover them.

Why do you guys view MP as a priority? It really strikes me as a lot of development effort for very little gain that will likely not be played by very many people.
And that is all I will attempt to say on the matter :)
Oh you, stirring the drama pot. :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rob wrote:Oh you, stirring the drama pot. :P
But...but...I'm trying so hard to state things calmly and rationally!

Yeah, you're probably right. That only serves to infuriate people who don't understand what I'm saying. Never underestimate the power of "I want my toy and I want it now!" versus rationale discourse ;)
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

Yeah, I'm with you there. I just can't wrap my mind around why anybody would want multiplayer in KSP. If they can think of a fun way to do it that will engage players for the long term, more power to them -- but any way I can imagine MP in KSP, it would make the game incredibly annoying.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yeah, while it would be cool to see it done properly, KSP is not the kind of game where doing it properly is even possible, due to the very nature of the game itself. It just doesn't make any sense, given the time and distances.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!