Enderman trap

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BlackCat

Re: Enderman trap

Post by BlackCat »

That's actually really neat Elevatator, and I'm fairly sure you could use it for chopping block killers too. I'll have to try that design out sometime :)
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Locke

Post by Locke »

actually you can use water, if and only if you have no (and I can't stress this enough) valid teleportation areas.
Here is a video explaining it in general.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WStNdwFzCjU

Also it would be hard to get to, you would have to build a tunnel to the ender trap and then cover the tunnel with water.
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show
Talrea

Post by Talrea »

i noticed something evil from that mythbusters, if theirs no other spawning areas nearby and you *flush* them, they can try teleporting onto signs and open gates. so you could use that to force them to teleport to *safety* of signs or open gates higher up then fall... .... still funny.
phamtrinli

Post by phamtrinli »

This does have the simplicity of gathering goods from monsters once dead.
Spoiler
Show
I placed the crude timer so it would be visible, not the best configuration.
For an enderman farm have them drop into this variant.
Spoiler
Show
This is the front view.
ImageImage
piston deployed, preventing endermen from falling into flowing water.

enderman being killed by suffocation block.
This setup is slightly more complicated redstone wise, requiring an "and" gate for the detector and pressure plate. It also requires a signal from the block dispenser to reach the upper piston. I went more for clarity than compactness on the redstone.