New Release! (BTW V3.80)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
CreeperCommando

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.80)

Post by CreeperCommando »

O.o Holy backwards running bunnies and Siamese-elks batman, that IS a sweet gift from the eldritch gods!!!
All hail the giver of placentas!!!!

More seriously, I've been playing other stuff than MC right now but I suspect that it's about time for a new spin :D
Bloody awesome work and you deserve that rest, I can only imagine the work of bug-testing...... O.O
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

Slurp squeak pomf, but what does it mean. Does it help with those?

Nice update flowerchild. Now if only my hard drive didn't crash and lose all my save data, then I'd be able to test it out in survival like it's meant to be done.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I'm extremely tired and sleepy to react now, I started reading the change-log and realized it's too much to digest with only a quarter of a brain functional. Will be back with reactions later.
Spoiler
Show
FC <3<3<3
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

Awesome update! Now to spend countless hours discovering new features :)
Matthew_OJ

Post by Matthew_OJ »

Awesome update FC! I can't wait to get up the tech tree on this world to start playing with all these new things! :)

On another note, can I just copy these files into the .jar, on top of 3.72, or should I start with a new jar? I normally do the clean jar thing, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way. I'm sorry if this is an obvious/stupid question, or if this is indeed the wrong place for it.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Don't worry, you can always replace the files.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Matthew_OJ wrote:Awesome update FC! I can't wait to get up the tech tree on this world to start playing with all these new things! :)

On another note, can I just copy these files into the .jar, on top of 3.72, or should I start with a new jar? I normally do the clean jar thing, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way. I'm sorry if this is an obvious/stupid question, or if this is indeed the wrong place for it.
Installing over the top should always work unless Flower says specifically otherwise. I think the only case where that is likely to be a problem is if he stops editing a base class.
Edit: Ninja'd
Matthew_OJ

Post by Matthew_OJ »

Itamarcu wrote:Don't worry, you can always replace the files.
Heilkaiba wrote:Installing over the top should always work unless Flower says specifically otherwise. I think the only case where that is likely to be a problem is if he stops editing a base class.
Edit: Ninja'd
Thank you very much! I'll back it up just in case.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Awesome! I love you for this FC.
Judging by the release notes this is one hell of an update! I won't be able to try this out for a while yet as I have visitors but I can't wait to try out all the new stuff.
Thanks!
ctx

Post by ctx »

And I haven't even remotely played with all the content that was in it before this release :)
Thanks for this and everything.
__
ctx
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Ok so I haven't been able to play around with this release too much yet but at least I've installed it. :)
The only thing that bothers me so far is the fact that we can't change the orientation of vine traps by right clicking with our hands. Forgive me if there are some obvious technical reasons for this that I'm not aware of. It's not a big deal, but it sure would be convenient.

Thanks again for an awesome update!
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added the Infernal Enchanter as a new block type.
-Added Arcane Scrolls as a new item type.
Guess we aren't getting a level 30 cap. :)
FlowerChild wrote:-Added a new mysterious property to Soulforged Steel blocks.
If I die because of this I am gonna be pissed/ ;)
FlowerChild wrote:-Added ability to lift XP and Dragon Orbs with Platforms.
That has me thinking of a new way to do my mob trap.
FlowerChild wrote:-Added recipe to convert gold nuggets into gold bars in the Crucible, using the standard 9 to 1 conversion ratio.
:)
FlowerChild wrote:-Changed pigs to drop 1 to 3 pork chops on death instead of 0 to 2, to reflect upcoming changes to vanilla, and to further incentivize their use in Tallow
production.
nice. :)
FlowerChild wrote:-Removed recipes to convert chicken and eggs into Tallow. Sorry for this, but chicken farms are way too open to exploits, which severely devalued other types of animal farms (particularly pigs), and this also encouraged the creation of certain kinds of chicken farms which are detrimental to game performance.
I didn't like my chicken farm anyway.
FlowerChild wrote:-Removed ability to enchant Soulforged Steel equipment on the enchanting table.
I somehow missed this on my first two readings of the release notes. This is exciting.

Thanks for the update FC :)
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

omg! wow! FC so much new goodness it's almost as good as um..hmm..it's better!

Thank you for your amazing work....
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Perfect timing, FC. My girlfriend just left on vacation and I just made my anvil in my current save last night. Looking forward to playing with the new toys!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Wow! Looks like lots of fun! Can't wait to play with all the new toys! Very nice job FC!
Mac

Post by Mac »

Well, did saw that release coming by a long-shot when the 3.72 was unstickied at about 8AM German local time.
And I just came home from work with 8 frigging hours of anticipation to write just this here.

So here goes

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaW

Will get to installing and testing in a bit, once I take care of a few things.

Thank you from the bottom of my pure dark and "evil" heart.
Will enjoy it for sure. *evil grin*

Thats all for now.
My Youtube channel.

duartemad

Post by duartemad »

Cant wait to go home and play around!
Thanks Flowerchild!
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Mr_ONI_man

Post by Mr_ONI_man »

Wow. Another great release courtesy of flowerchild. I've never said it before, so I'll say it now. This is the best mod I've ever used and now I can't play minecraft without it. Thanks for taking all the time to make this mod so great!
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

So much awesome to discover. Thanks FC, I look forward to digging into the mysteries!
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Can't wait to play around with eldritch scrolls!

Also, I noticed that an enchating device and mass-crafting books are added at the same time. I have a feeling that this is related.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

danielngtiger wrote:Can't wait to play around with eldritch scrolls!

Also, I noticed that an enchating device and mass-crafting books are added at the same time. I have a feeling that this is related.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4629&start=150#p77726

Yeah... probably related...
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

This looks like an awesome update FC. I can't wait to see what the new items do/how they work.

Sadly, I think I'm gonna have to hold off on updating just yet. :( I'm not advanced enough in resources/automation that I can just throw away my chicken tallow farm and easily enchantable SFS equipment.

I'll be sure to update after I get a few major projects I have lined up out of the way with. (mostly constructing an automated hemp fiber farm(as opposed to just a hemp farm) and a really big wood products factory.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

I can't wait. I'm headed out to work today but this looks to be another great update!
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

CycloneSP wrote:This looks like an awesome update FC. I can't wait to see what the new items do/how they work.

Sadly, I think I'm gonna have to hold off on updating just yet. :( I'm not advanced enough in resources/automation that I can just throw away my chicken tallow farm and easily enchantable SFS equipment.

I'll be sure to update after I get a few major projects I have lined up out of the way with. (mostly constructing an automated hemp fiber farm(as opposed to just a hemp farm) and a really big wood products factory.

Come on, the whole point of BTW updates is to make these sorts of things more interesting. I, for one, am thrilled that there is an actual process behind the enchanting system. Now there's a real use for those refreshing golden showers.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
foreman

Post by foreman »

So I was going to do some tribes then minecraft... now its just gonna be minecraft. Thanks for the awesome update FC!