Need new games :D

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Need new games :D

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: Ok, let me ask you this directly then: is it worth ME buying it right now? I have limited funds at the moment, but if you give me the thumbs up, I will purchase it tonight.

You were largely responsible for turning me onto Dwarf Fortress, so I will take your word for it on this :)
Limited funds? May I suggest a limited time only donate button for you to get the game you want. You could call it market research! :D
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

Sarudak wrote:donate button
I second this notion in general, limited time or otherwise. I want to give something back to the man who is the only reason I still play minecraft.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: Limited funds? May I suggest a limited time only donate button for you to get the game you want. You could call it market research! :D
Err...that's actually one of the strongest arguments I've heard for accepting donations yet. I'm kinda iffy on accepting money for the mod, but accepting games for it when I can't really afford to be buying my own right now does seem like a rather reasonable trade.

Will consider further :)
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

I am not sure why but that response makes me smile. and if you added a donate button I would use it the *second* I had money to spare. :)
And HOW!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote: Limited funds? May I suggest a limited time only donate button for you to get the game you want. You could call it market research! :D
Err...that's actually one of the strongest arguments I've heard for accepting donations yet. I'm kinda iffy on accepting money for the mod, but accepting games for it when I can't really afford to be buying my own right now does seem like a rather reasonable trade.

Will consider further :)

Er... So this may have been kinda impulsive but I bought a copy of the game for you. Is there any way I can transfer it to you? I actually have next to no desire to play this game and now I have a copy. It seems to have my email attached to it but maybe I can get them to transfer it. I know how you value your privacy but maybe you could make a temporary email address?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Er... So this may have been kinda impulsive but I bought a copy of the game for you. Is there any way I can transfer it to you? I actually have next to no desire to play this game and now I have a copy. It seems to have my email attached to it but maybe I can get them to transfer it. I know how you value your privacy but maybe you could make a temporary email address?
Wow. Fuck me man, that's a really awesome gesture for you to make. Erm...ummmm...will PM you :)
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:Ok, let me ask you this directly then: is it worth ME buying it right now? I have limited funds at the moment, but if you give me the thumbs up, I will purchase it tonight.

You were largely responsible for turning me onto Dwarf Fortress, so I will take your word for it on this :)
Wow that kind of praise make me shed a small tear :) Thanks for boast of confidence haha

If I was not in the same boat with limited funds, I'd buy if for you :) Sense I have been following this game, and have personally have talked with both Lemmy and Binky over mumble, I can say that they are doing the zombie genre the justice it deserves, and so far has been the only zombie game I feel that even in it's current somewhat slow and buggy state that get's it right in the whole Gorge Romero style zombie feeling :) http://projectzomboid.com/blog/index.php/buy-our-games

If you want my real honest opinion though, in it's current state it does tends to get a bit boring after a while, and that's mostly because of their current focus of getting the "Survival aspect" finished, NPC are the next big thing! if your fine spending $8 you can get access to all the beta/test builds they release and they are way better than the current 0.15d version even if a bit buggy!

EDIT: You guy respond way to damned fast. I think a Desura/steam gift style donations would actually be a pretty good Donate button :)
Sarudak wrote: Er... So this may have been kinda impulsive but I bought a copy of the game for you. Is there any way I can transfer it to you? I actually have next to no desire to play this game and now I have a copy. It seems to have my email attached to it but maybe I can get them to transfer it. I know how you value your privacy but maybe you could make a temporary email address?
Wow your awesome man thanks, kinda saved me doing it myself lol :) and I was about to do it even though I would break my bank, but I feel FC more than deserves it!
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Er... So this may have been kinda impulsive but I bought a copy of the game for you. Is there any way I can transfer it to you? I actually have next to no desire to play this game and now I have a copy. It seems to have my email attached to it but maybe I can get them to transfer it. I know how you value your privacy but maybe you could make a temporary email address?
Wow. Fuck me man, that's a really awesome gesture for you to make. Erm...ummmm...will PM you :)
Errr... It won't let me reply to your PM... :P

EDIT: Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: Errr... It won't let me reply to your PM... :P

EDIT: Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt.
Sorry man...fixed.

I kinda derped out on that as I was excitedly explaining to some friends what had happened. I can't overstate how taken aback I was by this :)
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Ya he saved me the trouble, as I was writing my post I had grabbed my Capital one card and was about to purchase it and gift it to you :)

EDIT: actually FC do you like Real Time Strategy games? If you do I will buy you AI War's Alien bundle pack for you because it a really good strategy game that emphasizes more on real strategy then base building/army building. The demo http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/aiwar-downloads Which you can download all 3 expansion as well. It give you 3 hours of campaign play and is worth while to check out if your up to it :)
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kregoth wrote:Ya he saved me the trouble, as I was writing my post I had grabbed my Capital one card and was about to purchase it and gift it to you :)

EDIT: actually FC do you like Real Time Strategy games? If you do I will buy you AI War's Alien bundle pack for you because it a really good strategy game that emphasizes more on real strategy then base building/army building. The demo http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/aiwar-downloads Which you can download all 3 expansion as well. It give you 3 hours of campaign play and is worth while to check out if your up to it :)
Ack! Dude, I REALLY (and I mean REALLY) appreciate the sentiment here, but let me consider this further before accepting any further "donations" like this :)

This kind of hit me out of the blue. I really wasn't expecting it, but honestly, I've made pretty meaty salaries making games in the past, and for some reason I found Sarudak's buying Zomboid for me to probably be more gratifying than anything I ever received in my time in the industry.

It's weird man. There was the sensation of it somehow being more genuine that any pay-check could be while working on a game. A direct "thank you" from a player for the investment I've put into it and for the enjoyment received, rather than some abstract sum of cash that's changed hands 10 times before reaching my pocket. Also, it being in the form of a game seems entirely appropriate and as I said before, somehow more like "fair trade" for what I've provided. In some ways it feels like the first real dollar I've ever made making a game.

So man, that's probably the most profound few bucks I've ever been exposed to :)

But I need time to process it. I've been pretty opposed to accepting *anything* in the past, and I need time to think that stance over relative to my reaction here, which was far more positive and fulfilling than I would have expected. Give me a bit of time here :)

A big thank you to all you guys. Seriously, you just made my day/week/decade.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

I can understand this, especially being that BTW is a labor of love I know how it feels to want to accept things like this :) It further puts that feeling on your shoulder that you are asking for something, when you just want to do it because you love it.. adding a donation button has that odd vibe to it like your asking to get something for what you have done and ya that's a hard feeling to shake. Hell I even think ad.fly puts even a harsher feeling on that then just a donate button, and that's something that is highly acceptable :)

I am more than happy to show my support for your hard work and the tons of hours of enjoyment I have gotten, not just from your mod, but you yourself on these forums. So in that regards think of it as a thank you :) I highly respect you so it's hard to not want to just do it :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kregoth wrote:I can understand this, especially being that BTW is a labor of love I know how it feels to want to accept things like this :) It further puts that feeling on your shoulder that you are asking for something, when you just want to do it because you love it.. adding a donation button has that odd vibe to it like your asking to get something for what you have done and ya that's a hard feeling to shake. Hell I even think ad.fly puts even a harsher feeling on that then just a donate button, and that's something that is highly acceptable :)

I am more than happy to show my support for your hard work and the tons of hours of enjoyment I have gotten, not just from your mod, but you yourself on these forums. So in that regards think of it as a thank you :) I highly respect you so it's hard to not want to just do it :P
Man, what a day. I woke up all tied in a knot because of that person I won't name because I'm such a nice guy and victim, and now I feel like a million bucks :)

I was just thinking of an old gambling expression:

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

There's some comparable expression I'm forming out of this to represent this situation, but I'm still working on it ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Yeah but you've more than earned it. You have gifted so much to all the thousands of people who play your mod and enjoy it. I think you deserve at least a little bit in return.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Yeah but you've more than earned it. You have gifted so much to all the thousands of people who play your mod and enjoy it. I think you deserve at least a little bit in return.
And that's the sentiment that makes it so touching man. I've just never received a "physical" (as physical as a digital download can get) representation of that gratitude before.

It's hard to explain man, really it is, and I don't fully understand it myself. I'll need time to process it. All I know is, it feels damn good :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Some thoughts though: I guess part of it is that I've spent my life making games, and while I made money from it, even rather large sums in the past, I always felt somehow disconnected from it.

I was always being paid almost in a speculative fashion that players would eventually enjoy what I had made, and with next to zero contact with those players themselves.

Here, I'm doing something for free, and a player just spontaneously decided to give me something for that in thanks.

For that, it's far more real than what I've experienced before man.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

My greatest curiosity is what games you were involved in making. Only because I really want to try playing them........ :P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

My wife just died due to a shotgun wielding vigilante. I then died a few days later overladen with wood planks, and further slowed down by my various wounds, surrounded by zombies.

Now I'm depressed :(

But in a good way :)
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

You guys are too awesome :)

This made my night. This is one hell of a fun community to hang out with
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:My wife just died due to a shotgun wielding vigilante. I then died a few days later overladen with wood planks, and further slowed down by my various wounds, surrounded by zombies.

Now I'm depressed :(

But in a good way :)
Ya the best part about the game is the the random nature of just getting screwed over. Once the new combat system is fully implemented and the NPC get there dialog and AI implementation finished it will be even better.

My last run a few days ago was fairly horrid. I had stepped outside to gather supplies and upon entering a lone house and raiding the fridge, a zombie snuck up behind me. He was somewhere in the house and I just didn't find him when I scouted it, but luckily for me I saw it at the last second and pulled out the trusty bat and bashed his head in. The sad part was that my character became so startled by the sudden appearance that he pretty much went insane, he was hallucinating for the longest time I kept seeing zombies but they weren't actually there, I started taking beta blockers which helped but I ended up getting killed by an actual zombie that I thought was a hallucination lol. Damn Irony I tell you!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kregoth wrote: Ya the best part about the game is the the random nature of just getting screwed over. Once the new combat system is fully implemented and the NPC get there dialog and AI implementation finished it will be even better.
One of my favorite games was the original Dead Rising. This kinda reminds me a bit of the survival mode (or whatever they called it in that), if it had been done a lot better.

I think I got the full 1K achievements on that game if I remember right, so that gives you a bit of an idea of how big a zombie fanatic I am ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Many years ago my friend bought me a shirt and in an effort to demonstrate my appreciation I immediately put it on over the shirt I was wearing. And he told me that I really knew how to appreciate a gift by using it right away. After that the joke was anytime one of us got each other something we would immediately try to wear it whatever it was. So... Metaphorically... I appreciate you putting on the shirt... :)
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I see that during my sleep a few interesting things have happened :)

I bought this game a while ago, after a thread in this forum talked about it, and about 2 hours later the team's laptops were stolen. Still, the game is great, and an update should come about any moment now!
Last edited by Itamarcu on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Robbed?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Sarudak wrote:Robbed?
Whoops!
Fixed.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/