Unofficial Suggestions List

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
RegularX

Re: Un-Offical Suggestions List

Post by RegularX »

I think my only suggestion so far (and apologies if already posted around) is to allow dung production from other animals like pigs and cows. I get the joke, but some seeds are just less wolf friendly than others.
Last edited by RegularX on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xetian

Post by Xetian »

Thalmane wrote:I think I have a nifty idea.
GLOWBALLS- a throwable item that stick to any surface it comes into contact with. Once it's stuck to a surface it emits light. Would be made by combining slime balls and glow dust. Since it's a slime it could also be waterproof as well.

-snip-
And he already has the code to allow panels to align in non-vanilla fashion. Not sure how well it fits the "feel" of minecraft considering slimeballs were originally thrown in with NO use until notch decided to use them on a modded in block.

EDIT: Clarify (lost a few sentences in posting somehow) I think the idea is great and would hope someone as capable as FC would put it together.

Suggestion: "Synthetic" slimeballs made from dung and sugar. Although normally obtainable by the elusive jelly belly monsters, with some poo-puddy and sugar, Steve has created a crapwad with the same consistency as slimeballs!
Last edited by Xetian on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote: Lol! Dude, I don't think any of our lives would look too good if a random 9-second clip were grabbed as an illustration ;)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Triskelli wrote:Hah, thanks walker.
Right-clicking would bring up a HUD that would change how quickly the clock turns, and how often a redstone signal is sent.
FC would never introduced something like that. He wants to stick to the vanilla spirit, and you can't find any complex GUI in the game. And it wouldn't fit Steeve's current technological level.
I can definitely say that it would be something usefull, but it's making things a bit too easy, isnt it ?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Battosay wrote:
Right-clicking would bring up a HUD that would change how quickly the clock turns, and how often a redstone signal is sent.
FC would never introduced something like that. He wants to stick to the vanilla spirit, and you can't find any complex GUI in the game. And it wouldn't fit Steeve's current technological level.
I can definitely say that it would be something useful, but it's making things a bit too easy, isnt it ?
i guess you could do something similar with lots and lots of repeaters, but.....
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Or be creative :
Using a water fall and a Detector far under.
Using plants and their growth speed
Using platforms and a Detector, again
A regular dispenser spiting out items, inf front of a Detector, or on a pressure plate

I'll make a tutorial on how to do a biological clock soon, that's the next to-be-uploaded, you'll see what I mean ;)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

If you want to do it the complicated way then i guess you could....
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

walker_boh_65 wrote:If you want to do it the complicated way then i guess you could....
I've never loved the easy way :)
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Battosay wrote:
I can definitely say that it would be something usefull, but it's making things a bit too easy, isnt it ?
I suppose it is. I was just trying to add plausible functionality to a mostly aesthetic feature that I referenced to off-hand

Perhaps right-clicking the block would make it spin faster and emit pulses at shorter intervals, like note-blocks? Keeps it simpler without removing the proposed functionality.

*EDIT*
Heh, I keep imagining a wall full of dial whirling around constantly, powering some unknown mechanism. =]

I've actually experimented with dispenser-clocks before, and made a nice clocktower on an SMP world. It's just that a regular redstone clock is either small and fast, big and slow, or subject to randomness. As a challenge, try making a clock that regularly and reliably counts off 4-minute intervals. A Wall-clock would solve some of these issues without betraying the feel of vMinecraft or BTW... in my opinion at the very least.
Last edited by Triskelli on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

I absolutely love the wall clock idea, but it may be a little advanced for steves current tech level. To see this idea implemented sooner rather than later what if the wall clock was a clock tower? The clock tower bit would actually be a design choice really but what would really be added is a clock arm and a timing box (for lack of a better term). The arm would cover the visual aspect for the clock while the timing box would add the redstone functionality of giving some kind of longer timer. All of this being mechanically powered of course. If this were to be implemented I could see it working just like te windmill. The clock arm would be a hook for the aesthetic lovers and the timing box would be the real meat of the feature giving the mod a very welcome longer clock.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Interesting. I reported that to FC, it may give him some idea :)
homosapien97

Re: Offical Suggestions List

Post by homosapien97 »

redrew89 wrote:Here are a couple of suggestions that I figure I will add to this thread:

-SNIP-

Hemp + Furnace -> Cured Hemp

3x Cured Hemp + 3x Paper -> 1 joint

1x Bowl + 2x stick -> Wooden pipe

Using any of the above items requires you to have at least a flint and steel in your inventory (As a lighter, of course.) in the case of the latter item, the user would also need a unit of cured hemp in their inventory for each use. Each use would raise a counter, to determine the level of psychoactive effect. At a pre-determined level, the player's movement speed would decrease by 0.05%, at a higher pre-determined level, perhaps even the use of some kind of "block distortion" code (such as Risugami's Block Distortion Mod), to (unrealistically) simulate the onset of mild hallucinations. The counter would naturally decrease over time (-1 for 1/2 MC day), so that the effects are not long-term.

There would be no perceived benefit to using this feature, as such, I do not anticipate it to be taken seriously. No one else should, either.
I had an idea very similar to this. However, mightn't it be a good idea to make it have negative effects? Like, for example, blurred vision, losing conciousness, breaking blocks randomly/irrationally (uncontrollably), and an "addiction meter". The higher this meter was, the less time you'd have before you started to lose hearts from withdrawl. Also, the blurred vision an blackouts would get worse with each joint: it would be like real pot in that it would eventually completely ruin your world. Just so that people know: drugs are bad for you, and *will* ruin your life. (not from personal experience, of course)
Go BTW.
Urian

Post by Urian »

homosapien97 wrote: I had an idea very similar to this. However, mightn't it be a good idea to make it have negative effects? Like, for example, blurred vision, losing conciousness, breaking blocks randomly/irrationally (uncontrollably), and an "addiction meter". The higher this meter was, the less time you'd have before you started to lose hearts from withdrawl. Also, the blurred vision an blackouts would get worse with each joint: it would be like real pot in that it would eventually completely ruin your world. Just so that people know: drugs are bad for you, and *will* ruin your life. (not from personal experience, of course)
That was a joke suggestion (the latter part of it) :) Also, Flower has said that he will not include weed in BTW and hemp is not a drug.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
homosapien97

Post by homosapien97 »

Urian wrote:
homosapien97 wrote: I had an idea very similar to this. However, mightn't it be a good idea to make it have negative effects? Like, for example, blurred vision, losing conciousness, breaking blocks randomly/irrationally (uncontrollably), and an "addiction meter". The higher this meter was, the less time you'd have before you started to lose hearts from withdrawl. Also, the blurred vision an blackouts would get worse with each joint: it would be like real pot in that it would eventually completely ruin your world. Just so that people know: drugs are bad for you, and *will* ruin your life. (not from personal experience, of course)
That was a joke suggestion (the latter part of it) :) Also, Flower has said that he will not include weed in BTW and hemp is not a drug.
I know it was a joke suggestion: I just thought about it a bit more, and added my viewpoint. If my addition did not seem like a joke as well, I am truely sorry. I guess I did act a little bit too seriously. Sorry!
Go BTW.
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

I can tell you right now that smoke able herb is not going to happen. Not to mention that the particular blend of cannabis that is in the mode is not the smoking variety but is instead the specific variety the was engineered to increase it's ability to create material for manufacturing purposes and also reduce the overall THC content so that it could be grown in countries that cannabis is illegal in. So just give up on that idea.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

Title: hourglass block
Use: Redstone/mechanical timer
Recipe: Glass in an X pattern with wood panel on top and bottom and redstone / Gear flanking each side.
Interface: 2 upper and 2 lower chambers.
Purpose: You would put Sand, gravel or a mix of the two in the upper chamber and they would “fall” into the other two lower chambers at a controlled rate*, once the upper chamber is empty it would send out a redstone signal just like a button. IF you connect the hourglass to mechanical power at the end of the cycle it will reset itself to start over.

*Since sand is smaller than gravel it would be faster. (1 sand =1 second, 1 gravel = 20 seconds**) and with the mix of the two you could delay the output as little as one second or as great as two days.
** Full day/night cycle is 20 minutes (20 min X 60 seconds = 1200 minutes in the day / 60 gravel = 20 seconds per gravel) http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Day/night_cycle

/EDIT just read the posts about the clock, I swear this came to me in the middle of the night giving me insomnia and I could not go to sleep until I wrote it out.

@Leanier: I couldn't figure out a way to nerf and wanted to get the idea out there I am up for suggestions. Thought of a way to get this higher up the tech tree, used wood panels instead of blocks of wood as they require the saw.
Last edited by the_fodder on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

How about making an actual recipe for chainmail?
Leanier

Post by Leanier »

Hmm, I like that hourglass Idea, seems to fit with the current tech level, simple and effective. And use different media for different time intervals. Good Idea! However that may be to easy to make with how powerful and useful it would be.
Ellis_Dee

Post by Ellis_Dee »

Hi all, here's my idea;
Glowstick
(sorta copied/inspired/stole from the guy who thought of glowballs or something like that...)
The Idea:
Similar idea to the glowball, but rather a stick combined with glowstone and a slime ball, to create a glowing stick with a green-ish hue.
Would work underwater, have a similar light-production-level-thing (wat?) to a glowing redstone torch, and would be activated/thrown in the same way that a snowball or slimeball is thrown - maybe combining the use of a bow to give a larger trajectory.
Edit: Wouldn't stick to walls or anything like that, but rather hit a wall and drop to the floor like a good-ol' inanimate object. Would be interesting what other things could be made if this type of feature was programmed into the minecraft physics, but that might require a bit more working than originally thought. Oops.
Practical Uses:
Lighting up a large cave system/cavern drop/hole in the ground before you take the plunge, so you can see how deep it is, and to find the creepers.
Underwater-lighting use, and a similar depth-finding function
Raving like a square-headed boss
Recipe:
A 3-Part concoction, using a corner layout/shape, with a stick at the bottom, glowstone dust to the side of it (either one, wont matter) and a slimeball ontop
I don't know how to do the funky pictures to give a pretty view of the recipe, so heres how they did it in 1644:

[Slime Ball]
[Glow Stone Dust] [Stick]

*heres hoping that nobody else posted this while i was typing it*
Thanks,
Ellis_Dee
Vankras

Post by Vankras »

Couple of suggestions: (apologies if this has been mentioned before)
(ive seen to many movies)
think back to indiana jones and the temple of doom, remember the child labor mine? then remember the actual mining machines and tools they had?
those memories led to these ideas...

Idea: Stone Hopper or Iron Hopper
Exp: a hopper that is able to have a powered rail above it or any other block with and inventory, has same properties as a normal hopper but with one difference, if a chest mine cart runs over the rail above it, it stops and transfers to the hopper, once empty it then powers the rail and sends it on its way, and a block with an inventory has its content transferred.
Tangent: maybe a empty/not empty detector rail (already suggested i think)
WIWF: The current system in vM is not overly useful and expensive since you still have to be at the other end to unload the mine cart, and if your already at the other end you might as well just use your inventory :( , This just adds on the already awesome Hopper design already in the Mod :P also would allow you to extend the storage capacity of a system by adding additional inventory blocks.
TITGTE: Just imagine mining at the bottom of your mineshaft that you've spent hours and hours painstakingly setting up a rail system that you can fire a filled mine cart up the rails it empties the content into the storage up top and then comes back empty and ready to receive the next load of what ever you happen to be mining at the time.
or a self sorting storage room :)

and then

Idea: Conveyor Belts (i think it was suggested also but I'm expanding on it)
Exp: can be placed flat and diagonal (like tracks) mechanically powered, another use for fabric, holts the 5 min item despawn while in motion, better than water as a conveyor as it can ascend diagonally, 1 Mech power can run 20 conveyors in a single direction (redstone reverses). can move players mobs and nonplaced items

Ie: /
/0
/00
_________/M00
M00000000000

0 = Ignore
M = Mechanical power
_ = Flat Conveyor
/ = Diagonal Conveyor

Each change of direction requires a new mech power attachment.

Recipe : [A][A][A]
[F][F][F]
[G][W][G]

A = Air
F = Fabric
G = Gear
W = Wood

WIWF: it is a simple application of mechanical principals that expand on the materials and ideas present in vM and BTW by improving transport systems.
TITGTE: it can replace the water conveyors in mob traps as a more efficient mode of conveyance for the mobs themselves eliminating the swimming against the current and 9th block flow hole you need to make with signs to keep it flowing in the right direction, less noisy than the water :P, allows items to be transported vertically, can be used as escalators long distance transport, other fun stuff people think of... :P.

....and then

Idea: Flame Dispensor
Exp: A block like a dispenser that fires a horizontal flame say 4 squares infront of it and runs on furnable fuels. each fuel burns for a different time, so a stick is 1 sec al the way up to nether coal that goes for 1 min (or just use the furnace burn times :P)

Recipe:
[F]
[R]

S = Stone
F = Flint and Tinder
R = Redstone (or maybe a piston as a propellant instead?)

WIWF: sort of fits into the 'tribal booby trap' theme :p and is not much more advanced than the dispenser
TITGTE: Awesome TRAP!!!, could also reignite a portal..., sets things on fire! :P
Tangent: Redstone Powered Nether Portal!!! ( it needs an on off switch dammit!)

Aaaand Thhhen...

Idea: Drafting Tables, Recipe Books and Bookcases (oh my!)
Exp: Drafting Table has almost the same interface as a work bench but adds and extra slot, add paper to the extra slot and record the current (successful) recipe.
3x recipes makes a recipe book, 3x recipe books instead of the blank vM Books make a Usable Book Case!, right click the book case to read the books, so each book case holds 9x recipes , place a recipe in the drafting table and make a copy of the recipe, place a book and use a blank book in the input and copy the book, same with the book case. maybe make it so the bookcases have inventory's that only accept paper items?
Tangent: Map Books anyone?
WIWF: Having the wiki in the background sort of breaks the immersion, this allows you to record your successes, and would also allow a use for the bookcases in-game as well as (if you have it dynamically generated) keep itself up to date as new things are added in future :P
TITGTE: Have a book case near your workbench and just read up on the recipe you want in case you forget :P working library anyone?

Idea : Creaking wood sound instead of the banging, (i kinda like the sound of the creaking really big trees make in the breeze, kind sounds alike)

Idea : Map markers
Exp : use an active map on a sign to make a named marker on the map, activate the map once its held to make the map full screen and bring up the saved markers

...Im all outta breath..

Thoughts anyone?
Holy Screaming Cakes Batman!!!
empath

Post by empath »

I think to stop the annoying pot references, it might be a good idea to change hemp to flax:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flax

It's used for fiber and cloth, and also is useful for making oil.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Vankras wrote:
Thoughts anyone?

Lemme take a crack at this one. =]
Vankras wrote:
Idea: Stone Hopper or Iron Hopper
Not a terrible idea, but with enough fiddling you can empty your minecarts anyway, and then have the materials go to a normal hopper.

It would be nice if that ability was added to normal hoppers, though...

Vankras wrote: Idea: Conveyor Belts (i think it was suggested also but I'm expanding on it)
Water serves this purpose well enough, conveyor belts would only make things more complicated. Also, depending on how the new Rotator block works it may serve the same purpose anyway
Vankras wrote: Idea: Flame Dispenser
Tangent: Redstone Powered Nether Portal!!! ( it needs an on off switch dammit!)
A little out of place in my opinion. The same effect could be achieved with an Hibachi and a rapidfire dispenser.
Vankras wrote: Idea: Drafting Tables, Recipe Books and Bookcases (oh my!)
Not sure what purpose this would serve... People that need reminding on how to make items will probably forget how to make recipe books in the first place =p
Vankras wrote: Idea : Creaking wood sound instead of the banging, (i kinda like the sound of the creaking really big trees make in the breeze, kind sounds alike)
Hmm...
Vankras wrote: Idea : Map markers
A great idea! But how would you implement it?
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

empath wrote:I think to stop the annoying pot references, it might be a good idea to change hemp to flax:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flax

It's used for fiber and cloth, and also is useful for making oil.

I don't think that would be necessary, historically, hemp was used for centuries as rope and fabric, especially in the western parts of the world, where climate made flax impractical. Besides, my suggestion was strictly for entertainment-value, I don't see how it could be considered "annoying", but I guess I just differ on that matter. :P
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

@Vankras:

I know that Risugami already has a Recipe Book mod, though it doesn't require recording your own recipes. I have found it kind of useful.

I think I agree that a different sound for mechanical power would be nice. The banging sound never really made sense to me.

And I've wanted to be able to mark the maps almost since they came out, so yeah, I think that would be a good idea. I think that you should need a feather dipped in ink to do it though.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Hippie125

Post by Hippie125 »

I thing this is a good idea.
Horizontal Platforms
Simply platforms with horizontal ropes and rails that the platforms ride on.
For this you would need a few thing a tweaks
1. If a redstone current is applied anchors will disengage from current platform
2. Platforms will fall if unsupported, thus the need for rails
3. Pulleys can be orientated anyway but up, for obvious reasons
Some rules
1. If two pulleys are pulling at the same time against each other, both pulley will break (V1)
2. If two pulleys are pulling at the same time against each other, the platform will disintegrate
3. If a horizontal setup is going to be pulled up then a vertical rail piece will be needed for a guide
Example
Spoiler
Show
Pulley
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
A
P A R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R Pulley
|----------------------------------

P, Platform
A, Anchor
R, Rope
-, Rails
|, Vertical rail piece
MajorBiggs

Post by MajorBiggs »

I got a few ideas.
Make a ramp out of 3 diagonal wood or stone.

To make a wagon, just craft a boat and then add two wheels with an axel. You can put a furnace or chest on the wagon. The wagon be used on land. Just right click the wagon and you can move it. Here are a few rule.
*The wagon can not go up any hills unless a ramp is used.
*The wagon will slow players down when in use.
*You can not use any weapons or items while pulling the wagon.
*The wagon will break if it goes off a 2 block high hill.

If you place the wagon on the tracks, it can be used with a minecart. If you craft a wagon with a hook, or something of that nature, It will connect itself to the minecart when the minecart is in front of it, or behind it. It can also attack to other wagons. When it goes of a cliff, the wagon will instantly break. This will be great with a minecart with a furnace to act as a little train.