[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Re: [4.51] BTW Official Anarchy Server [Death and Mayhem]

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Oh gosh x_X I am very VERY lost. Went through a one-way nether portal... didn't realise how close I was to any others!
Whoever has a base in the desert with a windmill and lotsa wheat, you're a lifesaver :p
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
Twololcats

Post by Twololcats »

I would love to be able to join everyone on this server, it seems like good fun
my ign: Twololcats
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Just wanted to post and say I accidentally logged in for half a second today with extra mods and a texture pack when trying to connect to a friend's server, I immediately exited as soon as I noticed. Seriously, like 2 seconds. Just didn't want to get banned or anything. I know what the rules are for this server, and I follow them.
banditbooker

Post by banditbooker »

id like to be white listed please. IGN - banditbooker
hawkcannon

Post by hawkcannon »

I've played Minecraft for a few years and BTW for most of that. I've just recently got into SMP play, and I'm looking for a good active server. If you don't mind that I don't post that often, could you whitelist me for the server?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guys...seriously. Read the OP before requesting to be added to the white list. It will rapidly be followed by the realization that you should not ask to be added to the white list.
mc_dunedin

Post by mc_dunedin »

"The server will attempt to restart every two hours if nobody is logged in.
Also, the server will restart if RAM usage gets over 95%."

Would you mind sharing how you are doing that? Is that a service of the server-hoster (in this case: which one are you using?) or a mod/plugin/script(in this case: same question :-) )?
Battosay

Re: [4.52] BTW Official Anarchy Server [Death and Mayhem]

Post by Battosay »

That's a service provided by the host, "Fragnet.net"
They give you access to something called "McMyAdmin", in which you can select many options and other nifty sthuff to help you run the server :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [4.52] BTW Official Anarchy Server [Death and Mayhem]

Post by FlowerChild »

Updated to 4.53. My apologies...this slipped my mind last night.
The Phoenixian

Re: [4.53] BTW Official Anarchy Server [Death and Mayhem]

Post by The Phoenixian »

So here's something cool I learned on the server tonight.

So I'm off doing stuff that will be made clear later in this post but along the way I encounter a trio of endermen.

Naturally, being low tech and a little nuts, my first thought is "Enderpearls!" and I attack them. As it so happens I manage to survive.

And as it also so happens, two of them were carrying blocks when I killed them. The first had already been converted to endstone, nothing notable there. The second however had not converted his block yet and so I ended up with a portable grass block without needing a silk touch tool or block dispenser.

So I just have to say, that's a nice way to collect a few sparing grass blocks early on and I'll have to remember it for times when I'm low on the tech tree.

As to what I was up to tonight: You'll find there is a new, quite undefended, windmill on the server. Happy hunting for it.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The Phoenixian wrote: And as it also so happens, two of them were carrying blocks when I killed them. The first had already been converted to endstone, nothing notable there. The second however had not converted his block yet and so I ended up with a portable grass block without needing a silk touch tool or block dispenser.

So I just have to say, that's a nice way to collect a few sparing grass blocks early on and I'll have to remember it for times when I'm low on the tech tree.
I've actually been wondering when someone might get around to creating an automated grass-block production facility out of that mechanic :)
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Hey there. Never tried my hand at anarchy, but i'd really like to start. Battosay, im not sure if you know me very well, but I'm the MCF Moderator for the BTW thread.

IGN: Mikko_blu
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mikko_blu wrote:Hey there. Never tried my hand at anarchy, but i'd really like to start. Battosay, im not sure if you know me very well, but I'm the MCF Moderator for the BTW thread.

IGN: Mikko_blu
I'll add you man. Reminds me that I need to update the server to 4.55 as well :)

EDIT: Done on both counts.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [4.55] BTW Official Anarchy Server [Death and Mayhem]

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry guys, the server is currently down.

Fragnet threw up on me when I tried to update to 4.56, and won't allow me to upload files at present. Will try again later on tonight or tomorrow to see if it works itself out.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Blew up? Sounds like it's called 'Fragnet' for a reason :P
Spoiler
Show
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It's generally very reliable. Must be some kind of temporary glitch.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Yeah tbh I've never had any problems with the server before. I just saw the name and, well... it was hard to resist :p

I need to head back on once I've fixed my Java (MC keeps crashing and I'm sure it's not my install, nor the mod, so it must be the latest Java update or my laptop showing its age). I don't think I'm very easy to find at the moment and I want to exploit that time window as much as I can!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The server is back up and running. Sorry about that guys. As I anticipated, the issues with Fragnet worked themselves out.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [4.56] BTW Official Anarchy Server [Death and Mayhem]

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok guys, me and Battosay have been talking about changing this over to be a co-op server given that we seem to have insufficient server activity to sustain decent anarchy play.

This is a bit unfortunate IMO, but at the same time, there's also not much point having an official anarchy server if it remains mostly empty :)

So, just wanted to open up that possibility to discussion to see how people feel about it. If we go this route, then will be keeping the same map so that people with developed bases won't be losing them. We'll just all be climbing out of our holes and saying howdy to our neighbors ;)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Well I'd be interested in being able to pop in now and then, explore different builds and techniques and contribute to some projects. I don't have the time to commit to being active in anarchy, but co-op where some builds are shared and I don't have to build all automation myself could work for me.

My issue with anarchy is it takes a regular time commitment to maintain a base and server status. Intermittent play in anarchy turns into a repeat of the early tech tree over and over as those who have the time to dedicate to playing set back those who aren't active in moving or hiding bases. This was one of the problems with my server.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Personally, I think I'd spend more time on a co-operative server. The constant pressure leads me to take things much slower and more carefully, which can be frustrating after a while. I'd also like to see what other people have been up to ;)

Anarchy is good, mind you, I just am not always in the mood for it :p
Spoiler
Show
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

I would certainly appreciate this change; as much fun as anarchy is, there is so much more player interaction with co-op.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I would certainly find it easier to jump into a co-op situation for a few minutes at a time than anarchy. I am grateful for the anarchy experience as it was a blast, particularly with the addition of whopping great big machinery and bloody loud noises adding to he paranoia. The downside to that being that I felt if I cloud not log in long enough to lay five meters of false trail for every meter of mine, or to unearth four different caches from behind eight meters of cave wall for an assembly project, I would be further ahead to simply not log in at all.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:I would certainly find it easier to jump into a co-op situation for a few minutes at a time than anarchy. I am grateful for the anarchy experience as it was a blast, particularly with the addition of whopping great big machinery and bloody loud noises adding to he paranoia. The downside to that being that I felt if I cloud not log in long enough to lay five meters of false trail for every meter of mine, or to unearth four different caches from behind eight meters of cave wall for an assembly project, I would be further ahead to simply not log in at all.
Yeah, I think that sums it up quite well.

It had previously been my intention to keep designing for anarchy until I got the balance right to make it a more attractive option, but given I've decided to move onto RTH and thus will not have the time to go through that process, I think it may be time for me to accept BTW anarchy as a failed experiment.

It's a shame, but I don't think me living in denial of that is a good reason to leave the official server as a ghost town :)
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Yeah, I'm up for some non-anarchy play TBH. Constantly building for the paranoia was a bit of fun for a bit, but in a way i feel it kind of stifled my creativity as resources were too precious and i didn't want to waste anything going to the surface. Some co-op play could be a fresh change.

I will miss the conflict though. Perhaps some designated PvP hunting zones or some op-in factional battling could be interesting? I've been having fun with Ingress so am currently liking the "Control Point" style of play.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing