Isabella II 16x Textures [WIP] [MC 1.5.2] [BTW 4.A4]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II 16x Textures [WIP] [MC 1.4.6] [BTW 4.41]

Post by Anbaric »

Mud wrote:Whoa. A lot of new armor models in this update that aren't Vanilla or BTW... what are they from?

* are you doing a Isabella II extension for Metallurgy as well?
What? Those weren't supposed to be in there... Sigh. I am not used to Windows. :/ And yes, I am. Due to the fact that most mods run with the forge now, and I want to start expanding my mod-coverage, I found myself running out of usable options. I saw that Shadowclaimer only had Painterly and Sphax supporting his mod, and neither are complete. I have the painterly version as placeholders until I can make my own textures.
Crazylemon64 wrote:Anbaric, I'm glad to see you've overcome the internet problem. Your texture pack is great, and worth the wait!

Edit: Either the download seems to be for the previous version of the texture pack, or you forgot a few textures. Mutton and boiled potatoes are invisible, and the stone benches/etc. still have funny textures.
*Headdesk* I'll say it again, I am not used to Windows. I know I finished them, I know they were uploaded, but I have the same problem on my end. Expect fixes soon.
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II 16x Textures [WIP] [MC 1.4.6] [BTW 4.41]

Post by Anbaric »

Texture bugs have been squashed!
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II 16x Textures [WIP] [MC 1.4.7] [BTW 4.59]

Post by Anbaric »

Updated for BTW 4.59. Sorry it took so long. ^_^' Due to me being bad and getting tempbanned from the IRC, I kinda ragequit the forums too... But my time is up, and so I'm back.

Added the block that shall not be named. Also finished another 7 items. I am very proud of my doughnut. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
Mud

Post by Mud »

Just when I'm finally making good on my "no more texture packs" goal, you go and update this... welp, so much for that goal.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Nice to see there's somebody using other than me. :P
Things about me.
Show
3:
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Holy hell this is a nice TP. I switched to the vanilla TP after taking over server admin duties and rebuilding spawn. I wanted to make sure it looked good to at least those using the vanilla TP.

This TP is so nice though that I might need to switch back to using one for a while!
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

I'm glad you're back, Anbaric, I was just trying to get used to vanilla again before you came back. Great work as always!
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Seeing Vanilla is quite a shock after using this pack isn't it? :P Its too bold and garish in comparison.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Mud

Post by Mud »

Any chance we can get a peak at the new food art you're working on?
TheYaMeZ

Post by TheYaMeZ »

Thanks Anbaric for keeping this texture pack updated. Vanilla is impossible to play with with after playing with this texture pack, its like someone vomited on my screen after eating an entire crayon set.
Confused on how to build a two-floor elevator? Check my tutorial
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Mud wrote:Any chance we can get a peak at the new food art you're working on?
Well, I haven't really started on that yet. ^_^' (Embarrassed shame).

Now, you posted this yesterday, correct? I think I might be able to livestream some of the texturing. Might be boring, but it would be a sneak peek. ;) Just pop on in to see, maybe chat, and then head on your merry way.
TheYaMeZ wrote:It's like someone vomited on my screen after eating an entire crayon set.
This, I like this. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
JakeYoung

Post by JakeYoung »

May I ask how the update is coming? I love this texture pack and am very excited for it to be updated, if you are working on it. Thank you very much for all the work that you have already done.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Many apologies for no recent update... Recently I have been more and more involved with the League of Legends community, Which is to say I have been playing it a lot. Any texturing that I have done has been for a secret addition that will only be useful in 1.5, and has nothing to do with BTW. I don't plan on abandoning this though, just having trouble balancing work, play, and texturing. ^_^'
Things about me.
Show
3:
UnresponsiveIcon

Post by UnresponsiveIcon »

Anbaric wrote:Many apologies for no recent update... Recently I have been more and more involved with the League of Legends community, Which is to say I have been playing it a lot. Any texturing that I have done has been for a secret addition that will only be useful in 1.5, and has nothing to do with BTW. I don't plan on abandoning this though, just having trouble balancing work, play, and texturing. ^_^'
Been a forum lurker for a while and this has been definitely my favourite texture pack to use, really appreciate that this is still ongoing. =]
Zeeblosity

Post by Zeeblosity »

Are you working on this anymore? I really miss it.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Zeeblosity wrote:Are you working on this anymore? I really miss it.
Yes. Had been working on 1.5 till recently when 1.6 came out, so I have quite a bit of reworking to do, but It's getting there.

I apologize for anyone who has been waiting patiently or otherwise for me to pick up the pace... I am a bit of a procrastinator...
Things about me.
Show
3:
Zeeblosity

Post by Zeeblosity »

Anbaric wrote:
Zeeblosity wrote:Are you working on this anymore? I really miss it.
Yes. Had been working on 1.5 till recently when 1.6 came out, so I have quite a bit of reworking to do, but It's getting there.

I apologize for anyone who has been waiting patiently or otherwise for me to pick up the pace... I am a bit of a procrastinator...
Haha me too. I just hadn't seen any activity, so I thought maybe you could have been banned or something. Glad to know that you are still working on it :)
MattThePadawan

Post by MattThePadawan »

Can someone please update this patch.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

MattThePadawan wrote:Can someone please update this patch.
Yes please. For some reason, I think computers hate me. Remember that custom computer I got that made everyone wait even longer for me to work on this? Well, it's now junk... Has been for a month now. Once again, I'm on my iPod becoming more and more bored. I've been working almost full time trying to save the money for another computer, and i'm about a month away from having enough. But yeah.

The worst part is, the power surge that killed my computer affected the harddrive as well. The half done version that I had on there is now trapped. It would cost me about 200-400 Dollars to retreve the data.

Another thing that makes this difficult is that the original artist of Isabella II stepped down. I had intended to take his place permanently so I could have complete control over the Texture pack, but someone got there before I did with a group of buddies. They updated it to 1.6 fine, but their textures look halfassed and horrible. They contacted me with the news, mainly because they had seen my name on the Original page as the artist behind this addon, and asked me if I would like to be a standby for texturing if they needed help. I said yes of course, but I never heard from them again.

This is mainly a warning. Don't expect an update here for a while. I wish I could have passed what I had done on, but I can't. Grau might be able to. I had him test it out, so he has the most recent version. It isn't done by any stretch of the imagination, and isn't even updated to 1.6, but it's better than nothing. Anyone with the hopes of updating this pack will have to bug him to put his version up for download.

As for me, I won't be able to do anything without my computer. When I do eventually get it, I will certainly see about getting it back, but thats a big IF...

Sorry to all who waited so long for good news.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

That sucks :-/. I wish you good luck on getting your computer problems sorted, Anbaric, your textures are great.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Crazylemon64 wrote:That sucks :-/. I wish you good luck on getting your computer problems sorted, Anbaric, your textures are great.
Thanks. :/
Things about me.
Show
3:
Zeeblosity

Post by Zeeblosity »

Hey I was wondering if you have any videos of yourself texturing, not like a tutorial, but actual texturing. I know how, and I want to make my own texture pack, I just need some inspiration.

I'm sorry to hear about your computer, and I wish you the best of luck.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Zeeblosity wrote:Hey I was wondering if you have any videos of yourself texturing, not like a tutorial, but actual texturing. I know how, and I want to make my own texture pack, I just need some inspiration.

I'm sorry to hear about your computer, and I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks for the luck, I'm so close now to my new comp that I hyperventilate daily for at least 20 minutes. :P

I never actually recorded anything, I streamed when I wanted viewers. If you check my Twitch channel you might find some saved streams of me texturing, but more than likely Twitch has deleted those by now. When I get my computer, I will certainly see about asking Prof_Ion and IcyNewYear about how to make a video or two, but I like streaming more.

But if you want inspiration, I would suggest looking at Glimmar's Steampunk TP on the MCF. A friend of mine who helped me out a ton. His textures themselves may not be what you're looking for, but he has so many alternate textures that their concepts should trigger some creativity. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

A great TP and sad it has come to a sandstill.
I would be willing to continue this TP, if nobody minds.
But first I'm going to finish the John Smith BTW support.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Sockthing wrote:A great TP and sad it has come to a sandstill.
I would be willing to continue this TP, if nobody minds.
But first I'm going to finish the John Smith BTW support.
As nice as it is that another person likes this pack, I will be able to update within the week. Although I haven't been posting updates, as I find them boring to write, I have managed to save enough to get all my parts. The only thing I'm waiting on now is my case, which is very shiny.
Spoiler
Show
ImageNZXT Phantom PHAN-001WT White Steel / Plastic Enthusiast ATX Full Tower Computer Case
It's coming over from the opposite side of the country, so even though I paid for express shipping, it'll take another day or two.

My new computer is also going to be beefy enough to run a couple of servers, so I might even make a dedicated texture testing server for us BTW artists. ^_^ Maybe.
Things about me.
Show
3: