[32x] TBTWTP 2.0 - BTW 4.8912

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Tekei

Re: TBTWTP 0.38 - Tekei's Better Than Wolves Texture Pack (3

Post by Tekei »

Ulfengaard wrote:Awesome. I don't know how that's done, but I like it a lot. It'll add much more variety to my world.
Glad you like it!
I'm using CTM to add randomized textures for both grass and tall grass to add some variety. :)
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

Tekei wrote:pic
Thats cool, i love what can be done through CTM.
can you try to randomize planks?
Last edited by th3m1ner on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

th3m1ner wrote:Thats cool, i love what can be done through CTM.
I certainly could try, but I'm not sure I want to spend time on that currently. I would have to create every variation of the planks in 4 different colors and I'm not sure it's worth the bother seing as planks sort of are supposed to look tiled anyway. I'll think about it. I'm more inclined to add variation to stone but I'm not even sure about that to be honest. I still have a lot of mobs to do as well :P
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

th3m1ner wrote:
Tekei wrote:pic
Thats cool, i love what can be done through CTM.
Then mind if i try the planks?
Last edited by th3m1ner on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

th3m1ner wrote:Then mind if i try the planks?
(Seriously? Are you cluttering the thread by quoting images on purpose?)
As long as you do it for personal use and don't distribute the files I've got nothing against it.
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

Thanks, and sorry about the pic, i didn't notice that i had not deleted it.
Edit: removed the quoted pic
Tekei

Re: TBTWTP 0.39 - Tekei's Better Than Wolves Texture Pack (3

Post by Tekei »

Ok, the pack is updated witha few fixes and additional mobs. There are still a bunch of mobs to do before I can start work on the armors but this will have to do for this update.

Version 0.39
- Changed Iron bars (Again).
- Tweaked the background for paintings to match the black frame.
- Removed stray pixels from the moon phases. Probably not perfect yet, but at least it should be better.
- Fixed Urns texture to work properly when placed under a hopper.
- Added randomized textures for grass and tall grass through CTM.
- Added textures for breeding harnesses.
- Changed the Redstone torch texture.
- Slightly tweaked the axle texture.
- Increased the size of numbers and changed a few other minor issues with the font.
- Added three veriaties of the following mobs (Random mobs is needed for all three to work)
- Cows
- Pigs
- Sheep
- Mooshrooms
- Skeletons
- Squids
- Slimes
- Magma Cubes
- Zombie Pigmen
- Ghasts

Enjoy!
Matthew_OJ

Post by Matthew_OJ »

So, exams are over so I've started a new world which I plan to stick with, and intend to explore the entire BTW tech tree (I've got to steel before, but never any automation). I decided I'd give your texture pack a go, and I think it is amazing, all the textures work so well together, so I'd just like to congratulate you on all the brilliant work! :)
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Bug: Using this pack with BTB and CTM will crash your game when a spout is placed.

Fix: In the /ctm folder in the .zip, rename terrain0.properties to block2.properties and add a new line with faces=top at the end of the file.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Katalliaan wrote:Bug: Using this pack with BTB and CTM will crash your game when a spout is placed.

Fix: In the /ctm folder in the .zip, rename terrain0.properties to block2.properties and add a new line with faces=top at the end of the file.
I'll be sure to include that for the next update! Thanks for bringing this up.
Now I'm off to bed :P
Tekei

Re: [32x] TBTWTP 0.4 - BTW 3.72

Post by Tekei »

New update!

Code: Select all

Version 0.40
- Fixed a bugg with CTM and BTB. (Thanks Katalliaan!)
- Added panorama for main menu.
- Made cobblestone slightly darker.
- Change redstone wire.
- Change endstone and portal blocks.
- Changed sandstone side.
- Changed the cracks in cracked stone brick.
- Changed SFS Block.
- Tweaked rope coil.
- Changed columns and pedistals.
- Added saddle.
- Added ocelots/cats. (No random mobs support for these)
- Added snow golem. (No random mobs support for these)
- Added Iron golem. (No random mobs support for these)
- Tweaked CTM Tall Grass.
- Added three veriaties of the following mobs. (Random mobs is needed for all three to work)
	- Spiders
	- Cave Spiders
	- Endermen
	- Blaze
	- Silverfish
I also updated and rearranged the OP a bit. Hope you like it.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

After a discussion with Acatera it seems that there's still an issue with CTM. Placing quarries crashes the game.
If you are experiencing crashes in BTB with quarries you will need to remove the terrain39.properties file (or rename it to something that isn't used) inside /ctm/.
That is the file that handles randomization of the tall grass. I can't use the same fix as I did for the grassy dirt blocks as tall grass, ferns and dead shrubs share the same block ID. The only fix I can think of for now is removing the file, and thereby the randomization of textures for tall grass.

If anyone knows of a potential fix, please let me know.

EDIT: NOT a BTB or BC issue. This is an issue with CTM. I am in the process of getting it reported to Kahr atm.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Sorry for staying quiet for so long guys. My IRL situation is not ideal currently and I most likely won't get to work on the TP for at least a few more days, and I haven't yet fully decided what to include in the next update. Just thought I'd let you know that I haven't in any way forgotten about the TP.

As for Kahr and the CTM issues, the PM I sent him is still marked as "Not yet read" on the MCF so I don't think there's much more I can do about it atm. I guess I'll hold off any additional CTM-effects until this issue is fixed.
Tekei

Re: [32x] TBTWTP 0.45 - BTW 3.80

Post by Tekei »

Sorry for taking so long, but the TP is finally updated to BTW 3.80.

Here's the changelog:
Spoiler
Show
Version 0.45
- Updated to BTW 3.8.
- Added Infernal Enchanter.
- Added Arcane Scroll.
- Added Candle.
- Added GUI for Infernal Enchanter.
- Some preparations for vMC 1.3.
- Added Emerald Ore.
- Added Emerald Block.
- Added Tripwire.
- Added Book and Quill.
- Added Written Books.
- Tweaked Book Icon.
- Added Emerarld Icon.
- Added CTM texture for buttons.
- Added CTM texture for fences.
- Added CTM texture for fence gates.
- Changed Iron Block.
- Added three veriaties for each of the villager types. (Random mobs is needed)
The download link is in the OP as usual.

Also, here are some screenshots for a few of the changes/additions:
Spoiler
Show
P.S: This may add additional problems with CTM and BTB. If that is the case, let me know and I'll add the info in the OP. Kahr still hasn't answered my PM.
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

To BTB-players:
After a discussion with Acatera it seems that there's still an issue with CTM. Placing quarries crashes the game.
If you are experiencing crashes in BTB with quarries you will need to remove the terrain39.properties file (or rename it to something that isn't used) inside /ctm/.
That is the file that handles randomization of the tall grass. I can't use the same fix as I did for the grassy dirt blocks as tall grass, ferns and dead shrubs share the same block ID. The only fix I can think of for now is removing the file, and thereby the randomization of textures for tall grass.
Found a solution to that
rename the file to block31
and make it say

source=/ctm/myctm.png
method=random
tiles=3-6
metadata=1
hope this helps :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

th3m1ner wrote:
To BTB-players:
Found a solution to that
rename the file to block31
and make it say

source=/ctm/myctm.png
method=random
tiles=3-6
metadata=1
hope this helps :)
Aha! That's how it's done. :) Thanks a lot!
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

Not sure if this is a bug, or just me, but when I break a chest it gives off green particles, rather than the chest ones. It's no biggy, it's kinda cool, but just letting you know ^^
IGN: Matthew_OJ
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

aJaroOllie wrote:Not sure if this is a bug, or just me, but when I break a chest it gives off green particles, rather than the chest ones. It's no biggy, it's kinda cool, but just letting you know ^^
I noticed this myself, and it seems to be because I added the emerald block textures (and they are in the spot where the old chest textures used to be). My guess is that this will be fixed in 1.3. I'll change it back to the chest textures in the next update, no need to keep 1.3 support yet anyway. :)

I will try to have an update for you soon(tm), was going to have it finished last night, but things got in the way. Sorry to keep you waiting.
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

I'm glad for your sake it was easily fixable, it must be a nightmare when someone reports a problem and you have no idea why! And no worries about the updates, take all the time you need, this is easily my favourite texture pack now, it's worth the wait! :)
IGN: Matthew_OJ
Tekei

Re: [32x] TBTWTP 0.5 - BTW 3.90

Post by Tekei »

Ok, It's updated to 3.90.

Here's a screenshot:

Also, here's the changelist:

Version 0.5
- Updated to BTW 3.90
	- Added Nether Growth
	- Added Nether Growth Spore
- Fixed an issue with CTM + BTB.
- Remove emerald block texture to fix and issue with the particles from chests.
- Changed GUI Background and buttons.
- Changed Nether Wart textures and Icon.
- Added Ender Dragon texture.
- Changed Netherrack for a slightly more organic look.
- Tweaked Iron Armor.
- Added Chain Mail Armor.
- Added Gold Armor.
- Added Diamond Armor.
- Added Soulforged Steel Armor.
- Added Gimp Suit.
- Tweaked Armor Icons to fit actual armor.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Just got a chance to look at it, so here's my opinions:

-Nether textures:
--Nether Growth: It definitely feels organic while still capturing the hellish feeling of the Nether.
--Netherwart: It's an interesting design change, almost looks like they're eyestalks instead of the old yellow-orb-on-a-red-stalk style.
--Netherrack: The smoothness of the new texture definitely helps with the attempt to make it look more organic.
-GUI tweaks: I like the new style. Got a pleasant surprise when I saw the new buttons, as I wasn't expecting them.
-Enderdragon: Not sure about this, but that's mostly because there's no easy way to see the skin without chasing her down. Not that it matters all that much, since you only get a good look when she's dive-bombing you, and there's a maximum of one in every world.
-Armors: Look great. About what I was expecting, based on what I saw from the old icons and that one painting.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Katalliaan wrote:Just got a chance to look at it, so here's my opinions:

-Nether textures:
--Nether Growth: It definitely feels organic while still capturing the hellish feeling of the Nether.
--Netherwart: It's an interesting design change, almost looks like they're eyestalks instead of the old yellow-orb-on-a-red-stalk style.
--Netherrack: The smoothness of the new texture definitely helps with the attempt to make it look more organic.
-GUI tweaks: I like the new style. Got a pleasant surprise when I saw the new buttons, as I wasn't expecting them.
-Enderdragon: Not sure about this, but that's mostly because there's no easy way to see the skin without chasing her down. Not that it matters all that much, since you only get a good look when she's dive-bombing you, and there's a maximum of one in every world.
-Armors: Look great. About what I was expecting, based on what I saw from the old icons and that one painting.
Great feedback! Thank you, it certainly helps me know what works and what doesn't a bit better. You can get a bit blind when working alone.
To adress your feedback a bit:
I'm glad you like the nether textures. I certainly like the new netherwarts better than the old ones myself although I liked the old design "in my mind", they just happened to come out a bit more bland than I wanted them to.
The main reason I changed the GUI was to increase readability. Certain things like glass panes were difficult to see with the old, darker background etc. I like the outcome.
The Enderdragon is something I had lots of trouble with. Not only is it a larger than normal texture, but like you said, she can also be a bit troublesome to get a good look at. I MIGHT go back and tweak it later if I feel like it although I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. There are other mobs that probably needs my attention more than this one.
Glad you like the armors. The designs will probably stay the way they are but I'm feeling more and more like they need more detail in general. We'll see what happens down the line. :)

Again, feels good to get some feedback, I certainly needed it.
Schmitty

Post by Schmitty »

Hey man, great texture pack. Although I got to ask, am I the only one who seems to have a texture issue with tools and items? To me, it seems like everything is distorted and in the wrong place. I've tried with both Optifine and MC Patcher, but I keep getting the same result.

To show you what I mean;

So yeah, is it just me, or is there a fix to this?
Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow
Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy, Come marching home
Brave soldier boy, Comes marching home
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

My modem just died on me, so Im not sure how long itll take to get a new one sent to me. Ill look into your issue best I can, Schmitty. Not sure what can cause it though.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Schmitty:
I can't seem to reproduce those artifacts on my install (but I do recall having a similar, yet less severe, issue a while ago). Are you sure you are using the latest version of MCPatcher etc?

I am feeling a bit stressed out over this as I only have a few more days to work on this before I have to leave for about 3-4 weeks.