Weekly Poll: #11 How many(double)chests do you have?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

How many(double)chests do you have on your main world?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:49 pm

1. < 5
5%
2. 5-10
20%
3. 10 - 20
13%
4. 20 - 30
15%
5. 30 - 40
8%
6. 40 - 50
3%
7. 50 - 75
8%
8. 75 - 100
3%
9. 100 - 150
8%
10. > 150
20%

Total votes: 40
walker_boh_65

Re: Weekly Poll: #4 Where are you from?

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Mintdragon wrote:
PuppetRebel wrote:It seems also that people from Canada don't want to be associated with the rest of North America. Can't says I blame 'em.
You really can't! ;)
You dont like the corrupt government we Americans have? How dare you;)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Gilberreke wrote:I love how people in the UK really don't want be associated with Europe :D
I live in the UK, and I don't even want to be associated with those idiots in the southern half of it, let alone Europe -.-
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Stormweaver wrote:I live in the UK, and I don't even want to be associated with those idiots in the southern half of it, let alone Europe -.-
Strange.

I live in Belgium, so I'm basically one of those "everyone loves Europe" hippies. We provide the EU capital, the first EU president, we founded the damn thing. We're a really small country, so I guess we consider how well a country does in the EU as its penis size, giving Belgium a massive schlong.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
ilovekintoki

Post by ilovekintoki »

The Netherlands.
DragonFire2876

Post by DragonFire2876 »

aussie aussie aussie!

Oi Oi Oi
all procrastinators unite...............................tomorrow
Ichi16

Post by Ichi16 »

lets go USA
at least we have Colbert
back to lurking
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Annoying American here. ;)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
Mintdragon wrote:
PuppetRebel wrote:It seems also that people from Canada don't want to be associated with the rest of North America. Can't says I blame 'em.
You really can't! ;)

To be fair we have tried to invade them. They might still be holding a grudge that they're too polite to actually mention.

Thank you, Battosay, for sharing a great video!
Better is the enemy of Good
screally

Post by screally »

I'm British and was born in England, but I have spent most of my life in Hong Kong (16 odd years), and despite being back in the UK for university, I think I'll put Asia.
Mintdragon

Post by Mintdragon »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
Mintdragon wrote:
You really can't! ;)
:P

I think the Canadian government is corrupt as well, to be fair.
Peace, love, and music.
Mints = happiness.
Minion of Herobrine.
I am a Sapling!^_^
M!C

Post by M!C »

Mintdragon wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:
Mintdragon wrote:
You really can't! ;)
:P

I think the Canadian government is corrupt as well, to be fair.
Show me one goverment that isn't ...
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

We don't have a government
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I'm from Israel (Asia).
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
M!C

Post by M!C »

I'm really surprised that there's almost as many forum members in Europe as there are in North America. I thought there'd be lots more there.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

pi4t wrote:I do have to wonder whether the content of BTW appeals more to European players as it poses a challenge, while I have a feeling that many (not by any means all) Americans tend to go in for a 'give me this stuff now' style more. This may be completely untrue, I admit, as I've never been to America and my contact with Americans has been through various forums only.

/racist post :)
As someone from America, that is completely true, for most of us, but there are some that enjoy BTW, even if I do not know any personally. (and as sad as it is, when ever I talk to someone about MC mods, there favorites are either TMI or SPC)
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

M!C wrote:I'm really surprised that there's almost as many forum members in Europe as there are in North America. I thought there'd be lots more there.
There's more citizens in Europe than in North America and Minecraft is a European game. I'd expect even more European users, but I assume less of them frequent this forum, because of language barrier.

As Battosay can no doubt attest, knowledge of English tends to be a little poor in the roman language countries (Italy, France, Spain and to lesser extent Portugal)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Two users were temporarily banned and their posts deleted for discussing my personal info above.

The next time someone does this in this thread, they get perma-banned and the thread gets locked.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Another vote for Ca...oh fine, North America. :P
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Gilberreke wrote:
M!C wrote:I'm really surprised that there's almost as many forum members in Europe as there are in North America. I thought there'd be lots more there.
There's more citizens in Europe than in North America and Minecraft is a European game. I'd expect even more European users, but I assume less of them frequent this forum, because of language barrier.
Yeah, I think those 3 points are decisive here. I had thought of the first and second before you posted them but the third is new to me. In Germany you can't get through school without at least 5 years of studying English and that's absolutely justified imo since you need it in almost every job at some point.
FlowerChild wrote:Two users were temporarily banned and their posts deleted for discussing my personal info above.

The next time someone does this in this thread, they get perma-banned and the thread gets locked.
They had it coming big times ... I'd hate for this thread to be locked but if every question I ask leads to this kind of replies, I won't continue the polling anyway so feel free to lock it as soon as someone breaks that rule again.
Mintdragon

Post by Mintdragon »

walker_boh_65 wrote:As someone from America, that is completely true, for most of us, but there are some that enjoy BTW, even if I do not know any personally. (and as sad as it is, when ever I talk to someone about MC mods, there favorites are either TMI or SPC)
Sometimes I like taking the easy way out, but most of the time I like doing stuff myself. Last night, I spent half an hour trying to get my Bellows to work. (watching Battosay's video three times didn't seem to do it.) When my brother pointed out that my Bellows was using the same gear box as my turntable was, I was able to do it. I couldn't stop smiling. :)
Peace, love, and music.
Mints = happiness.
Minion of Herobrine.
I am a Sapling!^_^
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

M!C wrote:but the third is new to me. In Germany you can't get through school without at least 5 years of studying English and that's absolutely justified imo since you need it in almost every job at some point.
Last time I was in Italy, we went to 5 bars and in none of the bars could we find anyone capable of speaking even a few words of English. It's a tragedy.

One of the problems is TV dubs. In France, almost every TV show is dubbed. TV is mainly where kids learn English these days.

In my country, it's fun though, we have three official languages and you're supposed to know at least two of em well and understand a third. Result is that we are brought up learning about new languages, so most people pick English fairly quick too. On top of that, we have 7 years of mandatory English lessons and a lot of our college courses feature languages too.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

UK FTW!
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
M!C

Post by M!C »

Gilberreke wrote:One of the problems is TV dubs. In France, almost every TV show is dubbed. TV is mainly where kids learn English these days.
Yeah, I never had to learn for any vocabulary tests at school since I excessively consumed anime back then (english subtitles). "Normal" German TV is always dubbed though. I've not seen any subtitles outside of special dual-language channels so far. I think that's mostly due to the number of people speaking the language (over 100 million), if there were less it would cost too much to dub everything.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

M!C wrote: They had it coming big times ... I'd hate for this thread to be locked but if every question I ask leads to this kind of replies, I won't continue the polling anyway so feel free to lock it as soon as someone breaks that rule again.
Yeah, sorry about that man. I certainly have nothing against you or your thread here. It unfortunately just seems to act as an invitation to some elements to ask inappropriate questions about non-participants :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

So is that the end of the polls then?